The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Impenetrable Fix on PvP Gear Before Patch 1.3

Pixysticks
Pixysticks
✭✭✭✭✭
The developer changes to the new PvP gear releasing in 1.3 are an absolutely amazing improvement--- but without putting impenetrable on it before 1.3 releases, it will be unusable (the trait itself is better than any set bonus in the game).

Please either:

1.) Put it on every piece of PvP gear

Or

2.) Make it so we can change traits of gear in a way similar to enchants

Or

3.) Remove the trait from the game and make 400 Impenetrable the 5 piece set bonus on all PvP gear.

Or

4.) Remove Impenetrable from the game and reduce all damage in PvP by ~15-20%.

WXkHwJ6.jpg
Alacrity

Retired 05/04/15.
  • Nala_
    Nala_
    ✭✭✭✭
    pleaseeee #3 or #4
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see the other armour traits be modified to become desirable enough that Impenetrable isn't stacked as being "the only good stat."
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Pixysticks
    Pixysticks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Samadhi wrote: »
    I'd like to see the other armour traits be modified to become desirable enough that Impenetrable isn't stacked as being "the only good stat."
    I want that more than anything, but i just want a temp. fix to impen or PvP gear before 1.3 drops. I know if they try to do anything else, 1.3 will end up dropping a month from now.
    Alacrity

Retired 05/04/15.
  • Kego
    Kego
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is fine, like it is.
    If you want a Gear that perfectly fits your wishes -> crafting.

Else, life with the Equipment like it is.
  • Pixysticks
    Pixysticks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kego wrote: »
    It is fine, like it is.

That doesn't make any sense. The way it is now you have to wear crafted sets because 1 or 2 pieces of impen trait are better than any of the full set bonuses combined [for PvP].

That renders PvP gear unusable for PvP....how is that fine like it is?
    Alacrity

Retired 05/04/15.
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The picture doesn't show every piece of each set, just one. There are pieces in the sets with impen on them. The only thing that needs to change is the skill line exp and exploration traits should be something else. Maybe impen :smile:
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was always said the best armour is the crafted on.

So let it be as is. If you want protection from critical, get a crafted one.
  • Nala_
    Nala_
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was always said the best armour is the crafted on.

So let it be as is. If you want protection from critical, get a crafted one.

well crafted gear is a lottt easier to get than the pvp gear, so why even have pvp gear in the game then?
  • Kego
    Kego
    ✭✭✭✭
    Choises?
    3 Set Items with Weapons?
    Style?
    Edited by Kego on July 30, 2014 6:15PM
  • Pixysticks
    Pixysticks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Choises?
    3 Set Items with Weapons?
    Style?

What is this I don't even
    Alacrity

Retired 05/04/15.
  • Loose_Cannon
    Pixy, as much as I despise fighting you, especially with Perma in your group, I must agree with you on this topic.

I have waited over 3 weeks + for this update so I can remake my gear, because two months ago I made my set, and it has only one piece of impen on it.

And I feel the repercussions of that decision to go with infused/divines EVERY night. I made the gear back when impenetrable wasn't even a thought in any pvp topics.

Now my fear is the patch will hit, I update all my gear and then ZOS comes along and nerfs everything I just made. Thereby wasting all of my gold crafting mats yet again!!

-Loose'Cannon
  • Pixysticks
    Pixysticks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pixy, as much as I despise fighting you, especially with Perma in your group, I must agree with you on this topic.

I have waited over 3 weeks + for this update so I can remake my gear, because two months ago I made my set, and it has only one piece of impen on it.

And I feel the repercussions of that decision to go with infused/divines EVERY night. I made the gear back when impenetrable wasn't even a thought in any pvp topics.

Now my fear is the patch will hit, I update all my gear and then ZOS comes along and nerfs everything I just made. Thereby wasting all of my gold crafting mats yet again!!

-Loose'Cannon

I feel ya, bud. I had to remake all of my gear as well when I found out how OP impen was. I would really like to switch to one of these updated/new PvP sets, but there's no way I can when 3 pieces of impen alone comes out to be better than most of the 5 piece set bonuses.
    Alacrity

Retired 05/04/15.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I liked the idea of just making the trait on the gear from bags random.

• SirJesto
    SirJesto
    ✭✭✭
    It is fine, like it is.

Totally agree.
  • Leovolao
    Leovolao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that something needs to be done about imp trait, but I don't like your choices. It would be so much better if it was reduced damage from critical hits instead of completely negating crit builds.
    Edited by Leovolao on July 30, 2014 9:43PM
    tea pot

"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?"
  • Nala_
    Nala_
    ✭✭✭✭
    well, thats fine. but if they dont change the gear to have impen on it, no one will wear it. so its your call zenimax, next time just dont even bother wasting time making gear for pvp if its not going to have the only good trait for pvp on it.
  • SirJesto
    SirJesto
    ✭✭✭
    Nala_ wrote: »
    well, thats fine. but if they dont change the gear to have impen on it, no one will wear it. so its your call zenimax, next time just dont even bother wasting time making gear for pvp if its not going to have the only good trait for pvp on it.

Yup, It's their call.
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It is fine, like it is.

So your idea of "fine" is "let's have the major PVP reward, aka PVP gear, earned by PVP'ing, be largely unusable in high-end builds for PVP". I am trying harder to disagree even more, but it's already so high a degree of disagreeance that it just... won't... budge! :)

That's not even mentioning that crafting doesn't make "gear that perfectly fits your wishes" anyway, not that it's particularly relevant to a broken part of the main PVP reward system of ESO.

Impen is by and large just far too effective compared to other traits. I've heard a few ideas floated around as to how to fix it, such as reducing the critical portion of the damage you take or making it a relative reduction of chance instead of additive (i.e. 50% impen = halves the enemy's chance to crit you, rather than taking away 50% of their chance outright so if they only have 50% they now have 0 chance to crit), that seem fairly smart to me.
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on August 1, 2014 5:17AM
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭
    I must agree, traits like sturdy, exploration and traning in PvP gear is misconception to put it mildly. This traits should never appear in endgame gear.

I will accept nerf to Impen, only when soft and hard cap for crit chance will be added, otherwise everyone will be stacking crit. Critical hits should be rare and powerful. We need clear statement from @ZOS_GinaBruno or @ZOS_JessicaFolsom about Impen planning changes, before patch 1.3 hits. If @ZOS nerf Impen later, amout of crying, whining and angry people will be just unbelievalbe.
    Matuzes - Imperial Nightblade
    Headhunters
  • Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is right that crit chance in general is way too high, it should stay around 30% with max spec'd equipment. Many builds are running around with much more crit.

Remember the mage in warhammer nearly 100% crit with combustion.. AND ~300% spell dmg.. We'd 40-50% fire mages on some servers, especially shortly after release and in the first 3-6 months everbody rolled a fire mage, when people discovered that it's way op. We actually got tank-builds doing sth. similar in TESO while having max-armor and teso crit is out of control

For healers there is no valuable alternative to crit spec's because of the games ultimate-reggen design. Ultimates should reggen differently, IMO!
    Edited by Francescolg on August 1, 2014 10:24AM
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is right that crit chance in general is way too high, it should stay around 30% with max spec'd equipment. Many builds are running around with much more crit.

Remember the mage in warhammer nearly 100% crit with combustion.. AND ~300% spell dmg.. We'd 40-50% fire mages on some servers, especially shortly after release and in the first 3-6 months everbody rolled a fire mage, when people discovered that it's way op. We actually got tank-builds doing sth. similar in TESO while having max-armor and teso crit is out of control

For healers there is no valuable alternative to crit spec's because of the games ultimate-reggen design. Ultimates should reggen differently, IMO!

Combustion was 35% crit chance

but 100% Crit Damage increase...

Incredibly overpowered

*edit*

Also it wasn't discovered in the first 3-6 months of final either....It was known in beta they were stupid overpowered, Everyone complained about them during Beta, hell They increased everyone's HP in the game because the damage Bright Wizards could put out (instead of nerfing Bright Wizard Mechanic). No clue why they chose not to Nerf the class despite countless complaints about it. I do know that they had a lot of "Dev" Friends who played Bright Wizards during Beta, and they routinely threaten to get anyone banned from Beta if they brought up how overpowered BW's were. Ask anyone who Beta Tested WAR and they'll tell you the same thing.
    Edited by Xsorus on August 1, 2014 10:49AM
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Combustion was 35% crit chance

but 100% Crit Damage increase...

Incredibly overpowered

Heh, yea, was pretty nuts. I was in WAR's beta from March ;).
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭
    this is a good proposed temporary fix to one of ESO's many problems. but for a permanent solution you need to hire pixysticks or some other high ranked/reputable player that knows about your game's mechanics and how to fix them before the community becomes overly-frustrated and gives up.

seriously, every other game eventually does it, just please hire someone before its too late.
  • Jaxom
    Jaxom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gina confirmed 1.3.3 will be released on Monday August 4th. Somehow, I dont foresee the Impen nerf/change to PvP gear happening in the next 3 days.
    Edited by Jaxom on August 1, 2014 3:56PM
  • Sai87RU
    Sai87RU
    ✭✭
    You can not fix now impenetrable, otherwise you will regret it very much.
    That is why
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/123531/spell-resistance-bhahaha
  • Morvul
    Morvul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sai87RU wrote: »
    That is why

well, just because spellpenetration is also kind of broken (and therefore in need of a balancing check / fix) is not really a reason not to look into impenetrable, is it?
  • Pixysticks
    Pixysticks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morvul wrote: »
    Sai87RU wrote: »
    That is why

well, just because spellpenetration is also kind of broken (and therefore in need of a balancing check / fix) is not really a reason not to look into impenetrable, is it?

No, it's not. And if you fixed the issue with spell resist, you can remove or nerf impenetrable without people taking more damage.
    Alacrity

Retired 05/04/15.
  • Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah put it on all part and be invincible. that could be nerf for sorc and nightblades. templars and dks + lolbatswarms wont have much issue with it, but others? Or they could nerf the hell out of inpenetrable and give it a really small number so it would be useless.
    So... i hope it wont happen.
  • madangrypally
    madangrypally
    ✭✭✭✭

I feel Impenetrable is to powerful in its current form but I also believe players can obtain obscene amounts of Critical rating. I would not like to see a nerf to one without the other changing with it.

Spell/Weapon Critical have no soft/hard cap and is very easily stackable to over 100%. Impenetrable is the only way to negate not getting critted 100% of the time.

Suggestion though this may be impossible to code is this:

Solution 1: Cap Spell/Weapon Critical. This will likely outrage to many players and do not recommend but its a suggestion. Nerf Impenetrable value to match.
    Example: would be a 35% Crit Soft cap and a 50% Hard Cap for crits. Impenetrable is then nerfed to 2.5% crit reduction at Legendary. Meaning with 7 legendary pieces will result in 50% less crits if the enemy is only at soft cap.

The above change will mean most abilities in game that adds crit will need to be modified as getting to 35% critical should require effort and 50% would require obscene amount of work.
    =======

Solution 2: Change the Impenetrable to a % of the enemies critical value. Example below:

Lets assume I have 50% Spell Critical and attack a player with 400 Impenetrable gear. Right now that reduces my Spell Critical down to 10%. This greatly effects my damage.

With this solution it will be different. Again i have 50% Spell Critical and attack a player with 400 Impenetrable. Now my Spell Critical against that target is 30%. That is a due to 40% of 50% is 20% less chance to crit a player with 400 Impenetrable.

If I would have stacked 100% spell crit then it would have been 40% of 100%. Thus my spell Crit would now be 60%.
    If I would have stacked 20% spell crit then it would have been 20% of 20%. Thus my spell crit would now be 15%.
    =======

Solution 2 may be impossible to code though so not sure if its viable. It would be the best solution and make Impen still great but not OP like it is now. Would also suggestion capping Impenetrable to 50%