The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dark Talons and Rock Fist question.

Zsymon
Zsymon
✭✭✭✭
Does Dark Talons work again properly now, because I heard there were some major issues with this skill?

If you hit an enemy with Rock Fist, can you then use Lava Whip to throw it off balance? I'd like an answer from someone who has actually tried it please.
Edited by Zsymon on July 27, 2014 10:15AM

Best Answers

• Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Question 1:
    There were never "major" issues. As far as I know, the only reported and acknowledged bug with talons was that you didn't always get the synergy option. In my experience that is still the case, after I activate them once. For example, a DK Talons some NPCs and I press "X" to impale, as soon as the talons ran out the DK reapplies but I get no synergy option the second time.

Question 2:
    Flame Lash applies to immobile enemies. An enemy that has been knocked down, rooted or stunned is of course immobile and thus if you flame lash them twice the 2nd hit will be free and will heal you.
    Edited by Maulkin on July 29, 2014 11:30AM
    EU | PC | AD
    Answer ✓
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Positive. I use shield charge (Invasion) and Flame Lash all the time. Knock downs have a very short duration though (~1") so for the synergy invasion+talons is a better option. Standard rotation is invasion-talons-flame lashx4 and that offers the highest success ratio for kills.
    EU | PC | AD
    Answer ✓
  • Zsymon
    Zsymon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Mike.
  • Zsymon
    Zsymon
    ✭✭✭✭
    You are 100% sure of answer #2 right, you tested this?

It's just that my new build and character completely hinges on Flame Lash working after the knockdown of Rock Fist.
  • Zsymon
    Zsymon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks again. :)
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys...

You're basically talking about fudging the line and using a knockdown then snare to create a broken yet to be fixed unbreakable CC problem that so many people are pissed off about.

A ) not cool
    B ) will be fixed making this pointless.

If you're only talking PVE then meh, but to be clear if you're talking PVP as well then this is causing some of the unbreakable CC issues.
    Edited by CapuchinSeven on July 31, 2014 11:34AM
  • Zsymon
    Zsymon
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not our fault that Talons is unbreakable, this discussion has nothing to do with that, it's purely about how to use Flame Lash.
    Edited by Zsymon on August 1, 2014 7:29AM