The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

End Content...really?

NevanCiar
NevanCiar
✭✭
OK, I don't want to sound suckie, or bitchie, or complainey, maybe i've really missed something....I have a sorceress. She's level 44, and I've just finished the Molag Bal end content,

When I got the reward from the King, there was nothing further, just "time to go home"...

like really is that it? s that the end of the game?

Anyone know, please post here..

Thanks
  • DigitalHype
    DigitalHype
    ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forums. :)
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NevanCiar wrote: »
    You're about 1/3 through the game now.

The next step is to betray your own faction and grind through the two other faction quests so you can get a good view of "their side of the story".

Once you finish that you'll be somewhere around VR10. Then you move on to Craglorn to find 11 other players to grind another 2 VR level until you're VR12.

Then you go to Cyrodiil and realize you could have had just as much fun there 3 months ago at level 10. Well, level 15 maybe if you really need weapons swap in PvP.

So no, you're not even closed to the "end" of the game ...
    :)
    Edited by SirAndy on July 16, 2014 2:57AM
  • Srugzal
    Srugzal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, I don't want to sound suckie, or bitchie, or complainey, maybe i've really missed something....I have a sorceress. She's level 44, and I've just finished the Molag Bal end content,

When I got the reward from the King, there was nothing further, just "time to go home"...

Thanks

MMOs don't end, but questlines do. You've completed the "Main Story." As @SirAndy‌ outlined (with or without the use of the pejorative "grind"), you have the "Zone Stories" for each of the other zones on the map to do, at Veteran level difficulty. You also have Veteran level dungeons, Craiglorn, and all the other new stuff coming down the pike.

So, no, you aren't finished, not by a long shot.
  • Neizir
    Neizir
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks
    First to answer your question, no that is not the end of the game there is still Veteran Levels (you're 6 levels below veteran), veteran dungeons, trials, pvp, loads of stuff.

Level 44 and you've gotten to Molag Bal? Either you've got some mad crazy skills or are just trolling...because that's straight up not possible...

Next time don't skip all quests possible.
    Neizir Stormstrider

EU Megaserver

UK
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
    I have a fancy signature.
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
  • Pele
    Pele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neizir wrote: »
    Level 44 and you've gotten to Molag Bal? Either you've got some mad crazy skills or are just trolling...because that's straight up not possible...
    It is indeed quite possible. The lowest I've seen in vet areas was a level 44 player. I was level 46 when I beat Molag Bal.
  • _subjectnamehere_
    _subjectnamehere_
    ✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »

Once you finish that you'll be somewhere around VR10. Then you move on to Craglorn to find 11 other players to grind another 2 VR level until you're VR12.

Or, you could do what Craglorn was actually designed for, an adventure zone...

...so, yeah, get out and adventure.

Sorry guys, I don't like grinders. Just my opinion.
    Edited by _subjectnamehere_ on July 28, 2014 2:14PM
  • UPrime
    UPrime
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also, if you're only lvl 44, that means you missed a lot of content.
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    UPrime wrote: »

I'm thinking she hasn't done all the dark anchors, world bosses or dungeons yet. And she probably has completed only 1, (if any), of the guild questlines.

"We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Vuron
    Vuron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm thinking she hasn't done all the dark anchors, world bosses or dungeons yet. And she probably has completed only 1, (if any), of the guild questlines.

I'd say even more was missed than those.

I started an alt and went through as if it was a main character. Absolutely no grinding and I only did everything once. I've done all delves, world bosses, dolmens, and all dungeons, but one.

I've already hit VR1 and I haven't even unlocked the Chasm Door in Coldharbour, yet.

• UPrime
    UPrime
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are some quests spots I missed my first time around as well. I didn't even realize I missed them until I got the "Undiscovered" addon. Best addon if you want to finish everything, but you lost the exploration feeling.
  • Trouvo
    Trouvo
    ✭✭✭
    My first alt was a nightblade stam build and i did every quest dolmen boss etc and beat molag bal at lvl 44 as well, the difference is with my nightblade i didnt have to kill every single thing on my way to quest objectives, if i didnt feel like it i could just stealth and go invis and skip so many mobs....i didnt realize how detrimental this was until i got to molag bal and realized how underleveled i was, and to make it worse...that whole time i was with a mara partner for at least 50% of it but still only managed to get to lvl 44, it was somewhat laughable.

All those skipped mobs really do add up.
    Bloodline|RP Guild|Ebonheart Pact
  • Srugzal
    Srugzal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are some quests spots I missed my first time around as well. I didn't even realize I missed them until I got the "Undiscovered" addon. Best addon if you want to finish everything, but you lost the exploration feeling.

I agree that this is a good addon, and I use it as well as Skyshard Map. But for me, the exploration is in actually going there. A marker on the map isn't the same. It doesn't become real until I see it through my character's eyes.

I agree that it cuts down on surprise; on the other hand, it cuts down on wasted time, running in circles, and trial and error--none of which enhances my gaming experience and I'm happier without.
  • Srugzal
    Srugzal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pele wrote: »
    Neizir wrote: »
    It is indeed quite possible. The lowest I've seen in vet areas was a level 44 player. I was level 46 when I beat Molag Bal.

I don't see how you can do it and not level. Really, just the act of traversing the map in Coldharbor will level you. I've gone from 44 to 48 just wandering around and doing a few quests. Unless you have a leveling guide or at least an inerrant intuition about what to do next, or you're doing everything with a group of 8 friends, I just don't see how it would work.

I'd certainly like to see a video of a level 44 player take on a group of three level 47 Dremora with two casters, scamp and atronach adds SOLO and come out victorious. I'd even make popcorn. That would be something to see. Seriously, I love to see people play well, it's always instructive.
  • Anastasia
    Anastasia
    ✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    You're about 1/3 through the game now.

The next step is to betray your own faction and grind through the two other faction quests so you can get a good view of "their side of the story".

Then you go to Cyrodiil and realize you could have had just as much fun there 3 months ago at level 10. Well, level 15 maybe if you really need weapons swap in PvP.

So no, you're not even closed to the "end" of the game ...
    :)

Sir Andy kindly said:

"The next step is to betray your own faction and grind through the two other faction quests so you can get a good view of their side of the story.

"

**Sarcasm on:**

Which you will do comfortably solo-through-the-daisies because of the V+ 1-10 nerf ... with a very few mobbies you need to think a second about .

Then you can knock on the door of TESO endgame and look surprised when the groups who need you there explain to you that you aren't ready. Err...maybe not you NevanCiar but in all likelihood it will hold true for a majority of other people you see in the 'busy and active' Vet content zones. You will also note the demands occurring now for soloable-content in all of TESO endgame.

Vet zones which are busy and active now because the nerf allows for such comfortable solo-play and there are more players running around doing their own thing, NOT grouping and ignoring each other more than ever!

I'm sorry because you may feel bereft that you had no reason and little motivation to group along the mid-to-upper levels, but gee, after all, it didn't take you long, and you didn't "have" to group up which would have been so very unfair, right?

Best wishes finding some fun for now in PvP, exploration, crafting and achievement goals. And the best of luck to you prepping for PvE endgame! Alternatively you could of course just wait a few patches and see how TESO devs respond to the demands of literal endgame solo content. o-0

Edited by Anastasia on July 31, 2014 5:08PM
  • reggielee
    reggielee
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree, the transition from the big end game build up and battle to the next phase rotted. there should have been more of phasing before setting your character down into the new zone as a total unknown. no party, no funeral for your lost comrades, no farewells, no reward ceremony and celebration.

it was 'hey, you were sort of amazing and thanks and all that but now you need to go thru that portal and hurry up cuz im getting bored....shhh...dont fret over your comrades you left on the battlefield, dont worry if they are dead or alive, shhh... go on.... thats a good girl/boy...' and you wake up in the next starter zone to start all over. it sucked
    Mama always said the fastest way to a man's heart is through his chest.
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess you should have been captured, sacrificed and woke again in cold harbour :)
    Groundhog day or Deja Vu.. lol.

Wish I hadnt read this thread now I know whats in store :(
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited