The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

death recap being totally wrong for what class im playing

Sakara
Sakara
✭✭
I'm currently playing as Nightblade Bosmer with bow and the death recap is a joke. It says
'you must equip a one handed weapon and shield to use puncture, low slash, defensive posture, shield charge and power bash'
Well thanks death recap....that's totally useless for me as i don't use any of those EVER and never attempted any of those abilities anyway.
This comes up every time. Not once have i had a suggestion relating to the class or weapon i ACTUALLY AM.

Nightblade still seems totally underpowered compared to other classes i've played.

• KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBs are ok now imo if you get jumped from stealth you normally come to around 25% if you are mounted. I think its just the generic spam of how to survive better tbh.
  • Sakara
    Sakara
    ✭✭
    I honestly have no idea what you just wrote..what has being on a horse got to do with what i posted...or being in stealth.
  • KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In response to your underpowered remark.
  • Sakara
    Sakara
    ✭✭
    Ah right...I played nightblade during beta testing and it's improved, but compared to the other classes i've played as it's still weaker. Stealth is fine for a few things but useless against big bosses, they never react to it
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sakara wrote: »
    I'm currently playing as Nightblade Bosmer with bow and the death recap is a joke. It says
    'you must equip a one handed weapon and shield to use puncture, low slash, defensive posture, shield charge and power bash'
    Well thanks death recap....that's totally useless for me as i don't use any of those EVER and never attempted any of those abilities anyway.
    This comes up every time. Not once have i had a suggestion relating to the class or weapon i ACTUALLY AM.

Nightblade still seems totally underpowered compared to other classes i've played.
    Just curious, you know the death recap has generic tips right? It has NOTHING to do with what Class you are. I doubt they could even tune it so it understood not only your Class but what current build you are to give you more pointed tips.
  • Sakara
    Sakara
    ✭✭
    Makes me laugh, why bother having it if the 'tips' are never any use, until of course until i have a character that uses a sword and shield ( as that is all the advice i ever get)
    Except for the damn obvious like dodge out the way( when that actually works, which with the change over to new euro server isnt) May as well turn it off.
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DeLindsay wrote: »

Just curious, you know the death recap has generic tips right? It has NOTHING to do with what Class you are. I doubt they could even tune it so it understood not only your Class but what current build you are to give you more pointed tips.

I dunno, a recent death recap did tell me that I was wearing a necklace that was a bit low level for my character. BUT: that necklace is part of the Warlock set, and even though it is a few levels lower than my character, it has, as part of the set to make up the 3rd item in the set, saved my behind on several occasions.

I've never had just generic info on my death recap though, it's often been quite informative. Often the information it gives me is "you're a bit **** at this game, aren't you?" but I bear no grudges. :)
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    See that's odd, because for me they've always been completely generic and often totally unhelpful for my current class/build similar to the problem @Sakara is seeing. The most common recommendation it gives me is something like this "Next time try using some of your Magicka to cast a heal on yourself". That's great when I have a Resto staff equipped (as a NB) but laughable otherwise lol.
  • WyndStryke
    WyndStryke
    ✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »
    ... Often the information it gives me is "you're a bit **** at this game, aren't you?" but I bear no grudges. :)

LOL I'm surprised that it doesn't show that to me every time :smiley:
    ... The most common recommendation it gives me is something like this "Next time try using some of your Magicka to cast a heal on yourself". That's great when I have a Resto staff equipped (as a NB) but laughable otherwise lol.

Doesn't nightblade have a skill-line which contains syphoning style self-heals?
    Edited by WyndStryke on July 31, 2014 2:58PM
  • Anastasia
    Anastasia
    ✭✭✭✭

So, the point of it is what then????? o-0 The screenies of it get bandied about often enough. Whats the point of it really please...

• DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WyndStryke wrote: »
    Doesn't nightblade have a skill-line which contains syphoning style self-heals?
    Depending on which you use there's actually 4.

#1 - Strife (Funnel Health/Swallow Soul), heals for between 1 and ~160 every 2 seconds but requires a target to cast it on. The ability is still bugged to this day.

#2 - Sap Essence (Drain Power morph), Heals for a small amount but it's PER enemy hit so in AOE it's quite nice, ST it's garbage as a heal and requires a target within range.

#3 - Soul Tether (Soul Shred morph), does a quite decent heal from one enemy but as an Ultimate isn't always available when you're about to die. Once again, requires a target within range.

#4 - Refreshing Path (Path of Darkness morph), even though they increased the heal it's still pathetically low, around 40 health. This is NB's only "Heal" that doesn't require a target.

None of the above would qualify for that specific tip on the death recap about using Magicka to cast a heal on myself imho as none will save me if I'm about to die unlike Blessing of Protection in Resto staff tree might. Hell even Rapid Regen is higher HPS than anything NB has short of Sap Essence with enough enemies in range.