Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Vet crypt of hearts, last phase of final boss. help!

Cody
Cody
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
so today me and some friends actually managed to get nerien'eth to his last phase. but we got our butts kicked when he picked one of us up. how do you deal with that? do you just DPS him to death? or stand on those circle things on the floor?
Edited by Cody on July 30, 2014 4:14PM
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a DPS race : you have to destroy his shield before he kills your mate.

If you don't have enough DPS to destroy it, just let this person die and don't waste your resources.

I did it once like this - my group didn't have enough dps- so we resed the person each time and it went fine. It's not really glorious or anything but it worked.
    Edited by Sotha_Sil on July 30, 2014 9:58AM
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • Caph
    Caph
    ✭✭✭
    The person that gets picked up can also click on X (default synergy key) to stop his necrotic thingy which he does when lifting a person up. It stops him from basically draining the person lifted up's health.
    Lost interest in the game and canceled subscription. Maybe I'll come back if I gain interest again.
    Co Guild Master of Baby Face Bananas
    World record time Hel Ra (8min 08sec)
    Eu record time AA (8min 44sec)
    AA/Hel ra HM done.
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Caph wrote: »
    The person that gets picked up can also click on X (default synergy key) to stop his necrotic thingy which he does when lifting a person up. It stops him from basically draining the person lifted up's health.

Honestly, I think it is bugged. Because it didn't work for us and sometimes we didn't have any "X" to press so.
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    well, someone told me you had to stand on those circle things on the floor. im guessing those don't work or something?
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    our group chose to ignored second wave of adds, and just ripe the boss apart fast, we did get some deaths, but fast to ress each other on last phase
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well, finally did it. me and 3 of my guldies managed to beat nerien'eth just a few minutes ago. it took a lot of tries, and I actually ended up dying right before Nerien'eth died, but we managed to kill the (snip)! it was awesome! though the drops sucked:(
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Haha, grats on killing the b...bad person:P I reran CoH a couple days ago and it went just SO much smoother than first run, only a few wipes, mostly due to lag(first time we wiped like 30 times total, lol). Basically same team, just knew what we were doing this time. We even did Blade's Edge achievement(which, unlike "no death" achievement, is not very hard).

As been said already, in stage 2 picked up person should press "x" and everyone else has to dps(as a healer I switch to destro staff for this time because he does no damage to anyone else and that way we burnt through his shield really quickly) until his shield breaks and he drops the person.
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭