The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

What's with Armor/Weapon Special Sets?

Caroloces
Caroloces
✭✭✭✭✭
I've been having my main character specialize in blacksmith and woodworking crafts. Now that things are moving along and leveling up a bit, I'm trying some of the special sets that are scattered about Tamriel. I made a heavy armor set of Whitestrake's something or other, but I was only able to do 4 out of the 5 pieces (I think because you need to have done a certain amount of traits previously for each piece).
Anyway, I really wanted the 5 pieces so I could take advantage of the benefits of having complete set, so I did a healing staff and equipped it. So now I have 3 armor, 1 greatsword, and 1 healing staff, but it only shows that I have 4/5 for the set.
I'm wondering, is this because 4 were fashioned by blacksmithing, and 1 was done by woodworking?
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, it's because you can only use one weapon at a time, either the greatsword or the staff.

The set might have jewellery such as rings or amulets, but these would drop randomly from mobs. Or you might need to unlock more traits so you can craft more items of clothing.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Caroloces
    Caroloces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, it's because you can only use one weapon at a time, either the greatsword or the staff.

Of course. Thanks so much. It's puzzling to me why they don't have a craft for making jewelry. And yes, the one piece of armor that I could fashion for that set doesn't have enough traits.