Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Steam wouldn't let me upgrade

mojavemike1
I tried to upgrade to the Imperial Edition for $20, as advertised, to get the wolfhound, but it wouldn't let me.
Since I didn't buy the original game thru' them, could this be the reason?
  • forbarcusb16_ESO
    forbarcusb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, you have to buy the original edition through steam in order to get it. This means a new Bethesda account and none of your chars from your current Beth account are accessible. And the hound is only from buying the Imperial Iteration now as a whole.
    "I'm guilty of a far more monstrous crime, I'm guilty of being a dwarf."
  • boardworks
    boardworks
    Soul Shriven
    Crap! I just bought the Imperial Edition Upgrade through Steam as a gift for my daughter, as I thought this would work as an upgrade code for her base game that she bought directly from ZoS. Can anyone from ZoS provide guidance here? Did I just waste $20 on an upgrade???
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Contacting customer support and opening a ticket would probably be a better idea.
  • Grand_Wazoo
    Grand_Wazoo
    ✭✭✭
    boardworks wrote: »
    Crap! I just bought the Imperial Edition Upgrade through Steam as a gift for my daughter, as I thought this would work as an upgrade code for her base game that she bought directly from ZoS. Can anyone from ZoS provide guidance here? Did I just waste $20 on an upgrade???

Enticing you to waste your money is a Steam specialty.
  • Miflett
    Miflett
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the club.
  • Arkadius
    Arkadius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shop site clearly states, that you need the Steam version of TESO to apply the upgrade.

You should contact Steam support for a refund.
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xiana wrote: »
    Shop site clearly states, that you need the Steam version of TESO to apply the upgrade.

You should contact Steam support for a refund.

Steam don't really do refunds.
  • boardworks
    boardworks
    Soul Shriven
    This is really crappy. I was simply looking for a way to buy a horse for my daughter's account without having to have her grind for days to get the 17k gold. Are there any options here?
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    boardworks wrote: »
    This is really crappy. I was simply looking for a way to buy a horse for my daughter's account without having to have her grind for days to get the 17k gold. Are there any options here?
    Go to the ESO page and just do the same thing you would of done on steam. The options in Steam are also on the ESO page.

You can upgrade her account there via ESO, you just can't do it via steam or have the game linked to steam

https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/store

As for the code you got from steam, try for a refund (via steam)
    Edited by Natjur on July 21, 2014 4:28AM
  • ZOS_ShannonM
    ZOS_ShannonM
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings Everyone,
    We understand there has been some confusion regarding the purchase of the game on Steam to receive the the Whiterun Wolfhound. To receive this you must purchase the Imperial Edition of The Elder Scrolls Online through the Steam client. You can find the details for the pet here : https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22358/.
    Any refunds for purchases made through Steam must go through the Steam Support, which you can find here : https://support.steampowered.com/.
    We hope this helps clear things up!
    Edited by ZOS_ShannonM on July 21, 2014 4:45AM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post