Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Recommend a friend?

Tannakaobi
Tannakaobi
✭✭✭✭✭
Is there any offers to Recommend a friend?

I've almost convinced a good friend of mine to leave WoW and try ESO, he's a die hard WoW fan and has been a sub on and off for the better part of ten years. When I say off, that's a max of one year. Basically, if he comes and likes ESO he will be a valued customer. I know him well and I think he will love ESO.

£40 is a big ask for him, when he is not unhappy with what he has, I was just wondering if there was a taster or something I can send him.
  • Neizir
    Neizir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Currently there's no recruit a friend system in ESO at the moment, but the game is on Steam at half price (£24.99) :smile: You can even get the Imperial Edition for £40 with a special dog pet.
    Neizir Stormstrider

EU Megaserver

UK
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
    I have a fancy signature.
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
  • Neizir
    Neizir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    duplicate post.
    Edited by Neizir on July 20, 2014 1:17PM
    Neizir Stormstrider

EU Megaserver

UK
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
    I have a fancy signature.
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
  • CoUsT
    CoUsT
    ✭✭✭
    Or even cheaper, for only £13.90 on amazon:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Elder-Scrolls-Online-PC/dp/B0080V93Q8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1405642413&sr=8-1&keywords=elder+scrolls+online

And I belive there are more ways to get game even cheaper.
  • Tannakaobi
    Tannakaobi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neizir wrote: »
    Currently there's no recruit a friend system in ESO at the moment, but the game is on Steam at half price (£24.99) :smile: You can even get the Imperial Edition for £40 with a special dog pet.

Aye, it is a good option, the only thing with that is that getting him on steam would be as hard as getting him on ESO, he's 'set in his way' you could say. I'd be tempted to get steam myself and swap accounts if it were possible.
  • Tannakaobi
    Tannakaobi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CoUsT wrote: »
    Or even cheaper, for only £13.90 on amazon:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Elder-Scrolls-Online-PC/dp/B0080V93Q8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1405642413&sr=8-1&keywords=elder+scrolls+online

And I belive there are more ways to get game even cheaper.

Sweet, I think that link will do nicely.

Cheers!
  • Navuri
    Navuri
    ✭✭✭
    Wait, he can pay for 10 years of subs for WoW, but 40 dollars for ESO is 'a big ask'? What am I not getting here?
  • Tannakaobi
    Tannakaobi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, he can pay for 10 years of subs for WoW, but 40 dollars for ESO is 'a big ask'? What am I not getting here?

He's got a baby due very soon so money is tight and £40 for a game when he has a game he likes is a lot.

Most of the old WoW crew have spread out to a number of games though.

• Navuri
    Navuri
    ✭✭✭
    Tannakaobi wrote: »

He's got a baby due very soon so money is tight and £40 for a game when he has a game he likes is a lot.

Most of the old WoW crew have spread out to a number of games though.

Seems to me your friend has got first world problems to worry about. Having a baby real soon and choosing between 2 wonderful games seems like a really *** position to be in. *sarcasm mode off*