Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Feature request - Show both weapon slots on the character at all times

Gizzarduk
Gizzarduk
✭✭✭
Only a minor thing but would look really cool if we could actually see both equipped weapons on our characters at all times. For example, my Nightblade uses bow in one slot, then 1H Sword and dagger in the other, can we get both displayed or at least a toggle. Would be very cool! ;)
  • Etharian
    Etharian
    ✭✭✭
    Sword and shield + bow or staff would look horrible...
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Etharian wrote: »
    Still better than two swords and two shields. :P
  • Gizzarduk
    Gizzarduk
    ✭✭✭
    Etharian wrote: »

Hence me adding the toggle option. :stuck_out_tongue:
  • Birfreben_Kinghelred
    I've been meaning to suggest this too. Skyrim had an option in the config file called "geared up", it basically made any weapon you favorited appear on your character. Would be sick for rp purposes and pvp.
  • Greg
    Greg
    ✭✭✭
    lightnings staff +dual wield=awesome
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been meaning to suggest this too. Skyrim had an option in the config file called "geared up", it basically made any weapon you favorited appear on your character. Would be sick for rp purposes and pvp.
    You mean Skyrim had a mod called All Geared Up.
  • Birfreben_Kinghelred
    No, it was a feature in vanilla, hidden in the skyrimprefs file. The "equipping overhaul" and "all geared up" mods just made the feature less buggy.

Edited by Birfreben_Kinghelred on June 24, 2014 5:09PM
  • Gizzarduk
    Gizzarduk
    ✭✭✭

Nice, I never knew about that but exactly what we need in ESO. :smiley:

• pinstripesc
    pinstripesc
    ✭✭✭
    This would be pretty awesome. Maybe a little check box beside either weapon slot to select shown/not shown. That would also make people happy who hate having a stick on their back all the time.

Maybe they could slip in some priority thing, where say if you have a 1H+shield and a bow equipped, shield always shows and bow doesn't, as an example.

I personally haven't found an MMO that does this yet (or many games at all, really) and have always wanted it.
    Edited by pinstripesc on June 28, 2014 11:09AM
  • Gizzarduk
    Gizzarduk
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, really keen to see this, good for RP and just looking badass. :D
    Edited by Gizzarduk on June 28, 2014 12:31PM
  • Tobiz
    Tobiz
    ✭✭✭
    This is very important.
    Not only is it an RP thing, for which I am in favor.
    In PVP it is very crucial to know what the opponent will whip out. Not showing this is an oversight that should be fixed.
    There should also be a "use same weapon on both bars" toggle in the equipment pane so I dont have to have 4 weapons to play with 2.
    Attention Zenimax: Stamina builds don't hold up to magicka builds, and this is causing most of your class imbalance. It makes melee weapons and bows weaker than staves and class abilities. It makes medium and heavy armor less desirable than light armor. Fix this imbalance, and you'll address most of your balance issues.
  • Selique
    Selique
    ✭✭✭✭
    I support this option! However, if someone is wearing the same thing, just dual slotted, only one should still show up. The first slot should override the second, so no one can wear two shields/swords or two staffs/bows and things that would overlap like that.
    Falls-With-Grace ~ Shadowscale (Argonian Night Blade)
    Selique Lasra ~ Captain, Smuggler, Swashbuckler (Redguard Templar)
    Chases-Comets ~ Shellback Warrior (Argonian Dragon Knight)
    Slissix-Kir ~ Swamp Shaman (Argonian Sorcerer)
    Hail Sithis..
  • Gizzarduk
    Gizzarduk
    ✭✭✭

Instant Weapon Swap
    • We’ve made changes to the way we cache textures for your alternate weapon that will allow you to swap weapons reliably and instantly. The previous delay when swapping has been reduced significantly, so swapping to your second ability set will be seamless and fast, making combat feel more responsive.

How about you just implement my idea while you are at it @ZOS_GinaBruno‌
    ;)
  • Gizzarduk
    Gizzarduk
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe I should change my profile pic, WW seems to get ignored on everything. :(
  • Circuitous
    Circuitous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would be super neato.
    Thank Stendarr it’s Fredas.
    Elanirne: Altmer Templar Healer, DC
    Auria Dolabella: Imperial Nightblade Tank, DC
  • Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it would look silly if you had say, 2 sets of dual weild, or 2 shield and sword sets...

there is not enough room on a character to have 2 shields on the back in a fashion that would be combat ready (its obviously possible to carry several irl over the back...)

so i dont see this happening. least not for this game. you just cannot realistically do this and still have complete freedom in what equipment you use..
    Edited by Hypertionb14_ESO on July 18, 2014 6:29PM
    I play every class in every situation. I love them all.
  • Gizzarduk
    Gizzarduk
    ✭✭✭
    it would look silly if you had say, 2 sets of dual weild, or 2 shield and sword sets...

there is not enough room on a character to have 2 shields on the back in a fashion that would be combat ready (its obviously possible to carry several irl over the back...)

so i dont see this happening. least not for this game. you just cannot realistically do this and still have complete freedom in what equipment you use..

Making it a toggle option would allow you to. And as it was in Skyrim I think it would work really well.
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tobiz wrote: »
    This is very important.
    In PVP it is very crucial to know what the opponent will whip out. Not showing this is an oversight that should be fixed.
    There should also be a "use same weapon on both bars" toggle in the equipment pane so I dont have to have 4 weapons to play with 2.

I like having four weapons to play with two.
    It allows me to set it up so different action bars have different set bonuses.
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • Tobiz
    Tobiz
    ✭✭✭
    This is very important.

Certainly. Hence a toggle where you may chose to swap to the same weapon with another bar.
    Attention Zenimax: Stamina builds don't hold up to magicka builds, and this is causing most of your class imbalance. It makes melee weapons and bows weaker than staves and class abilities. It makes medium and heavy armor less desirable than light armor. Fix this imbalance, and you'll address most of your balance issues.
  • Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Waste of time coding animation for everyone like that. Also, just because a coder got it to work in skyrim does not mean it will work here.
    Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

╔═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
    "Hope can drown lost in thunderous sound."
    "Fear can claim what little faith remains."
    "Death will take those who fight alone."
    "But united we can break a fate once set in stone."

╚═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

NA // Ebonheart Pact // Leader of CORE Legion // Namira Beta Tester // VR11 NB
  • Gizzarduk
    Gizzarduk
    ✭✭✭
    Waste of time coding animation for everyone like that. Also, just because a coder got it to work in skyrim does not mean it will work here.
    I don't see that it would require any animation, the weapons already appear when selected, just asking for both to show up from each weapon slot. Also if they can't code something a Modder could in Skyrim they need to find some new devs fast!
    Edited by Gizzarduk on July 19, 2014 8:07PM
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a cool idea, if it were toggled. I wonder how much art/ coding time it would take, though, to make it work without a lot clipping.
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gizzarduk wrote: »
    I don't see that it would require any animation, the weapons already appear when selected, just asking for both to show up from each weapon slot. Also if they can't code something a Modder could in Skyrim they need to find some new devs fast!

It's clear you know very little about working with the construction set for skyrim and developer tools for an mmo. Skyrim being for a single player, where as for ESO it would be built into thousands upon thousands of players simultaneously. If you think they're remotely similar, I got some swamp land for sale. And yes it would require animation because when you sheath your weapon it places it on your back or on your sides.

You're asking for them to add a second set of animations built into that where it would place the weapon/shield it a completely different location, not to mention those people that have the same weapon on both slots, that's more animations. Having to arrange it so they don't clip.

It's much more work than it's worth. You don't just slap the weapon models onto the character and call it done...
    Edited by Arsenic_Touch on July 19, 2014 9:01PM
    Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

╔═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
    "Hope can drown lost in thunderous sound."
    "Fear can claim what little faith remains."
    "Death will take those who fight alone."
    "But united we can break a fate once set in stone."

╚═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

NA // Ebonheart Pact // Leader of CORE Legion // Namira Beta Tester // VR11 NB
  • Gizzarduk
    Gizzarduk
    ✭✭✭
    Gizzarduk wrote: »

It's clear you know very little about working with the construction set for skyrim and developer tools for an mmo. Skyrim being for a single player, where as for ESO it would be built into thousands upon thousands of players simultaneously. If you think they're remotely similar, I got some swamp land for sale. And yes it would require animation because when you sheath your weapon it places it on your back or on your sides.

You're asking for them to add a second set of animations built into that where it would place the weapon/shield it a completely different location, not to mention those people that have the same weapon on both slots, that's more animations. Having to arrange it so they don't clip.

It's much more work than it's worth. You don't just slap the weapon models onto the character and call it done...
    1 I never said I knew a lot about the construction kit or MMO dev tools.
    2 No need to start getting into insults
    3 You don't agree fine, plenty of people here like this and want it so suggest you move on.
  • DuelWieldingCheesyPoofs
    Yeah, this would be very nice, cant imagine it being too hard to do? Good idea, id like to see weapons on horses, to tilt them to avoid clip of staffs
  • Gizzarduk
    Gizzarduk
    ✭✭✭
    inspiral1 wrote: »
    Yeah, this would be very nice, cant imagine it being too hard to do? Good idea, id like to see weapons on horses, to tilt them to avoid clip of staffs
    Yeah, it would be good to seem them on the horses, even if they were on the horses instead of the PC. :)
  • Tapio75
    Tapio75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shield&Sword and Bow/wh/staff. In this case, it would look cool if the shield was carried on left hand Skyrim style.

I have been bugging them via /feedback with this every now and then :)
    >>PC-EU Mostly PVE. Played since BETA<<
  • GnatB
    GnatB
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is very important.

Certainly. Hence a toggle where you may chose to swap to the same weapon with another bar.
    Don't think they actually need a toggle unless they decide to add unarmed combat. If there's nothing in the 2nd set of weapon slots it just uses whatever is in the first slot. (To be honest, I was surprised that it *didn't* work this way already.)

Heck, they could/should make it so if all actual items are 1h, any blank slot in the 2nd set is whatever is in that hand in the first set. So you could toggle between dual wield & 1h&S, with the primary weapon being the same for both or somesuch.
    Edited by GnatB on August 2, 2014 1:11AM
    Achievements Suck
  • akiba021
    akiba021
    Completely support this. I've always thought it would be cool, but never thought to suggest it myself. Here's hoping the devs catch wind of this.
  • nvsg
    nvsg
    ✭✭✭
    this is a great idea but also letting me first have the equipped weapon on my back while on my horse