Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Black Screen Crashes?

ItsGlaive
ItsGlaive
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm really not sure what's causing this, I've never had this problem with any other mmo or game and I've only been having it with ESO since I came back a couple of weeks ago - last time around never experienced this.

Basically, after a few hours play and without warning, my screen will go entirely black. I'll still hear audio, but not see a thing. Alt tabbing doesn't work, neither does CTRL+ALT+DEL. The only way to 'reset' seems to be switching my computer off and back on again.

Could it be a VRam memory leak? I'm running an R9 290X so the card is more than capable of running this game.
Allow cross-platform transfers and merges
  • ZOS_PierreL
    ZOS_PierreL
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @‌Xabien,

Did you try the Repair option on the launcher?
    Players can repair the files for The Elder Scrolls Online on their computer by following the steps below:
    • First, start The Elder Scrolls Online launcher by double clicking on the icon on your desktop.
    • Wait for the launcher to finish starting.
    • If multiple ESO clients are installed and available through the launcher, make sure to have the correct version highlighted by clicking on it once.
    • In the middle of the launcher there will be an entry for Game Options next to an icon of a small cog wheel.
    • Open the Game Options dropdown menu and click on the option for Repair.
    • Allow the launcher to examine all the files for the game. This may take some time.
    • If any files are found to have problems, the launcher will re-download those files.

This should allow you to play the game.

You can also check if all the updates are correctly installed :
    - Manually update your launcher. Details on how to do this can be found here.

- If the above step do not resolve your issue, please try the following:
    • Open the game installation directory “Zenimax Online” 
    • Open the folder named “Launcher”
    • Inside the “Launcher” folder, there is a folder named “ProgramData”
    • Delete the “ProgramData” folder
    • Open the launcher and download update
    • Click “Play”

The last, but not least, did you check for any update on yout computer ? As your Graphic card drivers ?

If this does not resolve the error, please contact our Customer Support with a game consultant.

Thank you.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • ItsGlaive
    ItsGlaive
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the swift update, very much appreciated! I'm giving repair a go now, but judging by all of the other threads this does seem to be an ongoing issue for many?

I've also checked my drivers, I'm up to date on those. Will update on whether repair manages to fix the issue.

Thanks
  • ItsGlaive
    ItsGlaive
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay still getting this fault. Tried repairing the client to no avail, driver for AMD are all up to date too. This is happening in every extended play session (an hour or more) now, entirely randomly.
    Edited by ItsGlaive on July 13, 2014 10:18AM
    We have contacted our Customer support team to help you solve your issue.