Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Burning Talons Duration Patch 1.2.3

Murmeltier
Murmeltier
✭✭✭✭
Hi,

i have read in the new Patch 1.2.3 that the Morph Burning Talons have a decreased Duration. Does this means that...

1. The decreased Duration shortens the Damageoutput from this Morph?

2. That the Damage from this Morph hits faster in addition to the Basedamage from this Skill?

Is this decreased Duration positive or negative for a DK now?

MFG Murmeltier.
Edited by Murmeltier on June 26, 2014 8:03AM
  • monkeymystic
    monkeymystic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its yet another nerf to dks, they nerfed the damage of talons DoT.
    The damage of the DoT is nerfed by around 30% which is a lot...
    I dont think ZOS wants tanks to exist in their game. Atleast not DK tanks.
    Only men in dresses with staves that tank bosses.
    Edited by monkeymystic on June 27, 2014 6:47PM
  • GwaynLoki
    GwaynLoki
    ✭✭✭
    I can see the reasoning for PvP where Talons are quite powerful but for PvE these nerfs were unnecessary. Just another argument for finally dividing PvE and PvP skill mechanics.
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's nerfed because of all the DK's running around in cloth spamming it. For Tanks in heavy armour like my self it's a big blow. Soon i'm going to be forced into running around with a stick spamming impulse like everyone else. That's not really playing how i want.
    Edited by Orchish on June 27, 2014 11:36PM
  • Murmeltier
    Murmeltier
    ✭✭✭✭
    GwaynLoki wrote: »
    I can see the reasoning for PvP where Talons are quite powerful but for PvE these nerfs were unnecessary. Just another argument for finally dividing PvE and PvP skill mechanics.

I hope they never do that because i don`t want to play *two different* Characters . One for PvE and one for PvP. The Skill a Player use should have the same Effect in PvP or PvE.
    Edited by Murmeltier on July 1, 2014 9:46AM
  • Shadowhorn
    Shadowhorn
    ✭✭
    The spell itself just breaks the whole PvP experience. If a DK has it slotted you have little chances of beating him. He just pops flag a keeps spamming Talons. Yeah so pro.

Edit : DK tanks cry and I understand but look at us Templar tanks... mobs are always all over the place since we have nothing to get them where we want them. Only vulcanic rune comes to mind as our only available AoE CC but that only makes even bigger mess. I would be happy just to have a version of talons with no damage at all just the root.
    Edited by Shadowhorn on July 1, 2014 9:53AM
  • Murmeltier
    Murmeltier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shadowhorn wrote: »
    The spell itself just breaks the whole PvP experience. If a DK has it slotted you have little chances of beating him. He just pops flag a keeps spamming Talons. Yeah so pro.

I think the Devs can give the Player an Option to Counter this Spell but destroying this Skill through 1000 Patches or dividing it in a Pve/Pvp Version is not a Solution.

I am sure that are many Skills outthere which destroys you in PvP, without you can do much against it. See the Stealthattacks or if someone attacks first he wins most of the Time (*Stunlock*). They use more Skills but you are dead too.

The Player who use such Mechanics say it is ok, the Players who is killed by such Mechanics don`t like them. Typical for an MMORPG.

Is that Pro? No it isn`t, it is the Gamemechanic. But yes they could rework some Skills, not only Burning Talons, thats right.

MFG Murmeltier.
    Edited by Murmeltier on July 1, 2014 9:59AM
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Edit : DK tanks cry and I understand but look at us Templar tanks... mobs are always all over the place since we have nothing to get them where we want them. Only vulcanic rune comes to mind as our only available AoE CC but that only makes even bigger mess. I would be happy just to have a version of talons with no damage at all just the root.

No it does not, i fight just as many DK's as anyone else, if they want to spam Talons unless they have their standard ready it usually ends in their death.
  • Malmai
    Malmai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Murmeltier wrote: »
    Hi,

i have read in the new Patch 1.2.3 that the Morph Burning Talons have a decreased Duration. Does this means that...

1. The decreased Duration shortens the Damageoutput from this Morph?

2. That the Damage from this Morph hits faster in addition to the Basedamage from this Skill?

Is this decreased Duration positive or negative for a DK now?

MFG Murmeltier.

It is negative means less DoT.
  • Shadowhorn
    Shadowhorn
    ✭✭
    Orchish wrote: »
    No it does not, i fight just as many DK's as anyone else, if they want to spam Talons unless they have their standard ready it usually ends in their death.

Tell me then. How does a close combat character get out of talon spam to actually damage the caster? All I see is Talon + Impulse + Flag and the DK saying : ,,GG, thank you for coming please pick up your missing body parts as you leave".
  • Trayyacakes
    Trayyacakes
    ✭✭✭✭
    Orchish wrote: »

Tell me then. How does a close combat character get out of talon spam to actually damage the caster? All I see is Talon + Impulse + Flag and the DK saying : ,,GG, thank you for coming please pick up your missing body parts as you leave".

Well shadow horn that depends on a few things. If he Talons and drops a standard dodge roll and get the heck out of dodge unless you are a sorc then just drop a negate and watch the dk freeze up. Fighting in an aoe that reduces your damage increases his, and reduces your healing is not advised. If there is no standard you can counter it granted he isn't stunning you while in the talons which is a broken mechanic right now. Depending on your class you have a few options. Sorcs can drop a negate and own the dk, or dodge roll and streak back in for a disorient then unload on the dk as they have pretty good burst. Night blade dodge role cloak ambush then unload as they have better burst than a sorc. A templar can pop blazing shield a few times and watch the dk try to beat his face in, and kill himself. Most DKs aren't very good. When you find a truly skilled one chances are he would own you on any class.
    Bjorn Uldnost
  • Troponin
    Troponin
    ✭✭✭
    I played a game a few years ago that had an interesting take on PvP. So that PvE was NEVER effected, there was a damage output for each skill against players, and a damage output against PvE enemies. Each skill hit differently on players and PvE. So, any time a change had to be made, it never crossed that line.

Not sure why this isn't applied in almost every game. If they can do it in games that don't have mega funding like AoC etc, then there should be no issue doing it in this one.
    Edited by Troponin on July 13, 2014 12:16AM