The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Launcher problems.

Puttenutt
Puttenutt
Soul Shriven
Hello.
I'm having problems with my launcher, It won't even start downloading. (I'll attach a picture). Here's the weird thing; It worked a couple of days ago. same computer, same modem, same everything except the ram.

Let me tell you a story of how i bought a new computer, installed the game and downloaded the gigantic patch and how the game worked kind of fine (except for purple textures).
I played the game for a while and then it blue screened on me. I called my buddy up and he helped me figure out what was wrong. (the blue screen just kept on coming.)
he said it was the ram. So we changed those.
Now my new computer works fine, BUT, now this happens.
and I've talked to the support team, I've scoured the internet for fixes to. can't find any so this is my last resort.

Methods I've tried:
1. the whole lan-settings thingie.
2. portforwarding.
3. re-installing.
4. run as administrator.
5. agressively punching groins in frustration
  • Brabok
    Brabok
    ✭✭✭
    I see you are using Panda internet Security.
    I read that this can cause the launcher from connecting properly.
    try disabling that for a while and see if this works.
    if it does you'll have to make sure the launcher and the eso.exe are set as exceptions
    Never argue with Idiots
    They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
  • Puttenutt
    Puttenutt
    Soul Shriven
    Brabok wrote: »
    I see you are using Panda internet Security.
    I read that this can cause the launcher from connecting properly.
    try disabling that for a while and see if this works.
    if it does you'll have to make sure the launcher and the eso.exe are set as exceptions

this did not work :/
  • Zarman
    Zarman
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes if a AV is in game mode or disabled it still might block, or has blocked important files, check your AV logs to see that, after the recent patch Bitdefender decided to block eso.exe
  • kiilerjason55
    kiilerjason55
    Soul Shriven
    Maybe try a US VPN.