Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I would like it if ZOS writes me a message to 'warn' me about something I didn't even do...

Islyn
Islyn
✭✭✭✭✭
they would to actually respond back if I reply and ask a question.

I would never intentionally break the rules - so please respond.

Edited to add: I got 'warned' for a post that violated this part of the TOS: 'It is never appropriate to resort to personal comments or jabs about those participating in the thread discussion.'
wherein my post was a general opinion on people who make certain types of posts; which I made only after a specific person made a specific post TO and ABOUT me personally; yet my comment was removed and I was warned and his remains.

I would like it when I get 'warned' for doing something I did not even actually do that the same went for the other person who did *exactly* what I was warned about and I query it, that a reply is made.
Edited by Islyn on July 7, 2014 2:10PM
  • dennissomb16_ESO
    dennissomb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you got an email "warning you" about selling account etc. then it is a phishing email that has been sent by hackers to get your account. if you clicked on any link you need to change your password etc asap

That was strange, when I first read your post all I saw was warning and response, not all the part about posting etc. so please ignore my original response
    Edited by dennissomb16_ESO on July 7, 2014 2:14PM
  • Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haha....... I have messages pending from like the first week of the game, good luck with that
    Edited by Arsenic_Touch on July 7, 2014 2:14PM
    Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

╔═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
    "Hope can drown lost in thunderous sound."
    "Fear can claim what little faith remains."
    "Death will take those who fight alone."
    "But united we can break a fate once set in stone."

╚═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

NA // Ebonheart Pact // Leader of CORE Legion // Namira Beta Tester // VR11 NB
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No I got a warning for a post I made that was general, not specific regarding the type of persons who make personal and specific posts to others. LOL!
  • williamburr2001b14_ESO
    Islyn wrote: »

Edited to add: I got 'warned' for a post that violated this part of the TOS: 'It is never appropriate to resort to personal comments or jabs about those participating in the thread discussion.'
    wherein my post was a general opinion on people who make certain types of posts; which I made only after a specific person made a specific post TO and ABOUT me personally; yet my comment was removed and I was warned and his remains.

I would like it when I get 'warned' for doing something I did not even actually do that the same went for the other person who did *exactly* what I was warned about and I query it, that a reply is made.

It sounds like you went passive-aggressive. That still counts as attacking. If you make a person into part of a "people who make certain types of posts," and then bash that group, you're just adding a transparent layer onto someone you're still trying to flame.

Part of why this forum gets so ugly is because people do what it sounds like you did--they turn personal, specific disagreements into "Oh, this faction always does THIS and THAT and THE OTHER THING." People read those general attacks and think wait...is that me? Am I a fanboy? Am I a moaner? Then they get mad and want to defend themselves, and it turns into the Ballroom Blitz.
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It sounds like you went passive-aggressive.

No I didn't. (LOL. Well we know now that you don't know me too well. I don't do passive aggressive, just flt out aggressive ;-) 0
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I said straight out that I cannot stand people who make certain kinds of posts. If you want to call that pssive aggressive ok. but I think it is trollish to say things like
    this:
    A easy fix. Think that it will take 6+ hours and spend some time with the family.

full stop, but especially on a post where NO ONE complained about server anything. They just came in the room, dropped a fart there, and left.

I do not like when people do that and I think it is horribly presumptive and rude and a ridiculous thing to say.

1.) It is not a FIX because it fixes nothing
    2.) How does that person know I even have a family, or worse and extreme; something horrible didn't happen to my whole family?

*Meh go spend tiiime with family/sit in sun meh*

I think my post got nixed and I got warned for not saying it nicely enough but as I have no reply to my pm, I will never know.
    Edited by Islyn on July 7, 2014 2:31PM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i thought it was against TOS to talk openly about this sort of thing
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i thought it was against TOS to talk openly about this sort of thing

Jeez I should read it again (lol) I hope you aren't serious?
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I might just quit posting here and post elsewhere. Saves the trouble.
  • williamburr2001b14_ESO
    I said straight out that I cannot stand people who make certain kinds of posts. If you want to call that pssive aggressive ok. but I think it is trollish to say things like
    this:
    A easy fix. Think that it will take 6+ hours and spend some time with the family.

full stop, but especially on a post where NO ONE complained about server anything. They just came in the room, dropped a fart there, and left.

I do not like when people do that and I think it is horribly presumptive and rude and a ridiculous thing to say.

1.) It is not a FIX because it fixes nothing
    2.) How does that person know I even have a family, or worse and extreme; something horrible didn't happen to my whole family?

*Meh go spend tiiime with family/sit in sun meh*

I think my post got nixed and I got warned for not saying it nicely enough but as I have no reply to my pm, I will never know.

"I cannot stand people who make certain kinds of posts" is passive-aggressive. That's a fact. It's an open attack, just with an unspecified target. It's throwing rocks into a crowd.

The rest of it, I don't understand what's upsetting you. This person talking to you wasn't telling you what to do, they were suggesting that you could find something to do. Spending time with the family was hypothetical. They could've said "Go play with the dog." They're not demanding you buy a dog, they're just saying that since the game is down for maintenance, everybody goes and does something else.

• Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well you don't have to understand me. I simply think that statements like the one I referenced are ridiculous and unhelpful at best so do not get why people even say stuff like that and would prefer if they would just keep it to themselves as no one needs to be told *go do X instead.*
    Edited by Islyn on July 7, 2014 2:59PM