Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Templar Ultimates?

Scora
Scora
✭✭
Which Ultimate do you prefer for your templar and why?

Im having trouble deciding on which ones to use.
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    empowering sweep.
    very low cost(75), average/good damage and up to 41% damage reduction for 8 seconds.
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ice comet if you want ae-dmg
    soul assault if you want singletarget dmg
    empowering sweep if you want dmg reduction.
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I still love using Nova / Solar disturbance, if only because it's got the coolest spell graphic in the game.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indeed. Solar Disturbance is awesome graphic. :smiley:

And if you stack few ultimate gains with weapons (eg Cleaver Morph), or other abilities (eg fighters guild), plus some reductions, it fills up quickly.
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solar Disturbance is wonderful, it's a great all round skill that helps in almost any situation. I even use it these days sometimes as my ultimate when healing for groups in dungeons. Otherwise I use Remembrance.
    The only drawback is the ultimate cost for Solar Disturbance, but I think it's so good I can understand why it is so.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only drawback is the ultimate cost for Solar Disturbance, but I think it's so good I can understand why it is so.

Well, compare it to standard of might for dragonknights. The two spells essentially do the same thing, but nova and it's morphs cost 100 more ultimate.
    PS4 / NA
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »

Well, compare it to standard of might for dragonknights. The two spells essentially do the same thing, but nova and it's morphs cost 100 more ultimate.
    standart lasts nearly twice as long, thanks to its synergy cant be left, deals more dmg per tic, further increases all dmg the DK deals, and thx to a passive refills ~40% of magicka and health upon usage. but yes we have a whooping 4% spellcost reduction passiva ^^

Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, that's just par for the course, dragonknights get to have their cake and eat it too while other classes fight for scraps.
    PS4 / NA
  • plaxy186
    plaxy186
    Well actually right about nova being weak compared to other ultimate s and comes down to cost.

Nightblade has veil of blades does twice the defense and twice the damage as standard and can make allies invisible cost 200

Sorcs have charged atronach does way more damage than any other ultimate and pulls agro synergy increases damage exponentially Cost 200 actually 170 also returns 15% magical back to sorc when dies or finished

Dragonknights have standard already explained cost 200

Templar has Nova does less damage than any of the other 3 requires synergy for a 2 second stun and cost 300 .

Zeno wtf fix this ability cost should be half ed or massively increase its damage to greater than the atronach for that price.
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nova, debuffs enemy damage by 30%, slows them by 60% with the Solar Disturbance morph, AND it does damage, all in a wide radius that can be aimed. Not to mention the powerful synergy it has, you know the one that does massive damage AND knocks things down. If you spam reflecting light into groups of enemies with the Prism passive you will get enough ult to use it fairly quick.Even faster with ult reducing gear sets. The 279 ult or w/e the base ult is for the skill is about right considering how strong the skill is and what it does.

I personally love using nova and empowering sweep. Great skills =)
    Edited by Akinos on June 29, 2014 4:11AM
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Standard of might:
    Reduces healing on enemies by 50%
    Increases your damage by 20%
    Reduces enemy damage by 20%
    Shackle synergy does damage and immobilizes enemies
    Lasts 15 seconds
    Costs 200 ultimate

With Passives:
    An extra 2 second duration and 3% damage (total of 17 second duration)
    An additional 6% damage
    Restores health, magicka, and stamina on activation

Solar Disturbance:
    -No reduced healing on enemies
    -Does not increase your damage
    Reduces enemy damage by 30%
    Supernova synergy does damage and stuns enemies
    -Lasts 8 seconds
    -Costs 300 ultimate

With Passives:
    Gives Templar extra spell resistance
    Reduced cost by 4% (288 ultimate cost still)
    Increased duration up to 9.6 seconds (still 5.4 seconds less than standard)

So, with the purpose of both spells being essentially the same (AoE damage, AoE snare, a damage/cc synergy, and reducing enemy damage output), Standard of might costs less, does more damage, lasts longer, reduces enemy healing, provides a massive increase in the player's damage output, and restores all 3 resource pools on activation. In exchange for ALL of that, what does solar disturbance have? a meager increase in the templar's spell resistance against effected enemies, and a 10% stronger damage reduction for enemies.

Doesnt seem like a very fair tradeoff to me.
    PS4 / NA
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @‌Lynx7386

I agree with you mate. But...

Same goes to our other abilities. Even at reduced costs are more expensive than SC/DK/NB ones and have less useful combination of CC+damage+restoration.
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm. It seems that, if they are indeed so similar, I think the two should be brought more in line with eachother, either increasing one's Ultimate requirements or reducing the others (obviously :smile: ).
  • Nidwin
    Nidwin
    ✭✭✭
    Crescent Sweep for me in solo PVE. Low cost and damage is good enough for me.

AvA it's Healing one of course
    Nidwinqq Templar (healzzz) United Warhammer Vets
    Nidwinqq RR100 Magus till the end, R.I.P. Badlands
  • Sunrock
    Sunrock
    ✭✭✭
    Scora wrote: »
    Which Ultimate do you prefer for your templar and why?

Im having trouble deciding on which ones to use.

Any of the two morfed Nova Ultimate is good. But during Trials the 30% damage reduction is a most have on some bosses.
  • NerfEverything
    NerfEverything
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Standard of might:
    Lasts 15 seconds
    Costs 200 ultimate

With Passives:
    An additional 6% damage

Solar Disturbance:
    -Lasts 8 seconds
    -Costs 300 ultimate

With Passives:

So, with the purpose of both spells being essentially the same (AoE damage, AoE snare, a damage/cc synergy, and reducing enemy damage output), Standard of might costs less, does more damage, lasts longer, reduces enemy healing, provides a massive increase in the player's damage output, and restores all 3 resource pools on activation. In exchange for ALL of that, what does solar disturbance have? a meager increase in the templar's spell resistance against effected enemies, and a 10% stronger damage reduction for enemies.

I know you are only describing one templar ultimate, but this pattern applies to almost all templar skills. Everything templars can do, other classes can do better, for less cost.
  • Surinen
    Surinen
    ✭✭✭
    @Lynx7386 @p_tsakirisb16_ESO Please, can you make screenshots or short video and share its graphics with me? Solar Disturbance that is.

Edited by Surinen on July 3, 2014 12:07PM
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nova, debuffs enemy damage by 30%, slows them by 60% with the Solar Disturbance morph, AND it does damage, all in a wide radius that can be aimed. Not to mention the powerful synergy it has, you know the one that does massive damage AND knocks things down. If you spam reflecting light into groups of enemies with the Prism passive you will get enough ult to use it fairly quick.Even faster with ult reducing gear sets. The 279 ult or w/e the base ult is for the skill is about right considering how strong the skill is and what it does.

sad part is you cant have both as they are related to different morphs.
    Edited by Tankqull on July 3, 2014 1:37PM

• Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually both morphs have a synergy. One is a little stronger then the other yes, but they both have knockdown effects. And the damage done by the synergy depends on the player who's pushing X.
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually both morphs have a synergy. One is a little stronger then the other yes, but they both have knockdown effects. And the damage done by the synergy depends on the player who's pushing X.

Really? I did not know this. Thanks.
    What's the determining stat that determines who will do more damage with the Synergy?
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rev Rielle wrote: »

Really? I did not know this. Thanks.
    What's the determining stat that determines who will do more damage with the Synergy?

Not quite sure but I would assume it's a players max magicka.
    And to elaborate on the different synergies, Solar Disturbances is called Super Nova and the other one is called Gravity Crush.
    Edited by Akinos on July 4, 2014 6:49PM
  • zmanu
    zmanu
    ✭✭✭
    [/quote]Really? I did not know this. Thanks.
    What's the determining stat that determines who will do more damage with the Synergy?[/quote]

Spell damage + max magicka + any set bonus that you might have.
    Edited by zmanu on July 4, 2014 9:14PM
  • Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For general stuff Nova etc.. but often i run about with Remembrance for "Oh poop!" moments
    - Veteran Combat Librarian -
  • dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always say PvP/ pve/ group content. The answer will be different. I use nova. Barrier and soul strike. Nothing else is even worth considering in endgame in my opinion; Maybe the mage guild ult if you can get it. I can't seem to get from 9 to 10 though. Barrier is insane for groups. Nova is insane with the damage mitigation for end game pve and good for PvP group. You should easily solo most any pve boss with backlash soul strike and its good for finishing half dead people in PvP. But u need v1 for soul strike and about level 12 alliance rank for barrier. I used heal ult often before barrier unlock ed
  • dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Standard of might:
    Lasts 15 seconds
    Costs 200 ultimate

With Passives:
    An additional 6% damage

Solar Disturbance:
    -Lasts 8 seconds
    -Costs 300 ultimate

With Passives:

Stunning enemies is actually much more powerful because they are doing nothing; Shackeled people can still block debuff heal dps. Nova stopps 10% more damage, that's nothing to laugh at especially for bosses who do massive aoe damage. Yes standard has an edge for the caster but nova does more for the group between slowing stunning and 30% damage reduction. Standard is in no way a clear winner except nova could cost a little less.. If the dk Templar ratio was swapped and it was stacking nova spam instead of standard in pvp, u can bet we would be hearing all about how nova is mad op and ruining the game for everyone.