The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Shrouded DAGGERS - worthless?/Busted? - AOE NB

Suntzu1414
Question for all NB

I was putting together a combo DW Hotbar. (my other bar is staff/bow)

--Hotbar looks like---
Shadowy Disguise - Surprise Attack - Mass Hysteria - Shrouded Daggers - Impale (for crit)

--Combo looks like--

Shadowy Disguise > Surprise Attack(one dead) > (for other NPCs)Mass Hysteria (instead of VR) --->Shrouded Daggers (hit them while they run) > ---repeat ---

i was thinking Shrouded DAGGER (hitting NPC while they are running) + utilizing STAM AOE (crits) --- BUT the AOE seems WORTHLESS.

Any suggestions -- a) How to use SD effectively b) another AOE attack (hitting NPC) while they are running from MH

appreciate your time.
ST
DC - NB VR15 - Khajit - DW / S+B / Bow
DC - NB VR 15 - Wood Elf - S+B / Resto
DC - TP VR 15 - Brenton - Resto / Dual Wield
DC - SC VR 12 - High Elf - Desto / Dual Wield
EP - TP VR 5 - Nord - 2hd / 2hd
EP - DK 20 - Imperial - S+B / Desto / Bow
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want an aoe setup, I would go refreshing path -> power extraction -> shrouded daggers until 50% -> Steel tornado
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Suntzu1414
    Was looking more for "break up strategy". Kill one, Separate (Fear / VR), Kill another one, Separate...repeat.

AFTER INITIAL KILL, Using Fear/VR -- then spamming Shrouded (or something else--Stam Based)-- while they run away, and return. then popping back into Stealth/surprise combo.

thoughts? (for the life of me...im trying to make STAM useful..)
  • Stannum
    Stannum
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think if you want AoE NB DW build, you should not use suprize attack/ mass histeria.
    That build should use lotus fan - unstoppable - steel tornado may be power drain instead of surprise attak mass histeria. And i don't think it's good for solo may be in group with two NB DPS without sorc or destro AoE dps. In solo PVE DW NB is good as focus dps. Setup like rapid strike or flying blade / impale / piersing mark / surprise attak / shadowy disguise will clean standart 3 mob group one-by-one very fast and you'll take less damage from them.
  • Suntzu1414
    for solo. i switched to new combo.

Shadowy -> Surprised Attack - > Flurry (pretty much kills anything under 4k) -> heated blades (blind nearest attacker) -> repeat (by then my magica is back to full)

I've looked and used lotus fan (its great) -- what type of crit damage are you doing (near 1.3k). What is the chance for crit? (i know initial from stealth its 100%..i believe), what is the min damage its doing?

The problem i have with most NB combos, they depend too much on magica. survivability (for me) depends on leveraging two pools (back and forth..using one while the other replenishes).

You're definitely right, i would be easier with Destro AOE. Still, i'm trying to still with classic (my view) NB -- dW / Bow.

thank you for your thoughts.
  • Stannum
    Stannum
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have 20m-20h-10s setup, heavy torso\light belt\rest medium armor and usually use such combos
    surprise attack (1st from sneak) - flying blade (sometimes x2 depending on target hp) - impale (1st kill) then
    dark cloak - surprise attack - flying blade (x2 or x3 depending on hp) - impale (or if target too hard start from begining).
    It's good to finish with impale as it's very cheap in magika, is very powerfull against low health targets and restores magika (via passive skill).
    You can use flurry instead of flying blade (i use flying blade as it's instant and you can do 3 blades instead 2 flurries, and it is more universal as ranged and snairing skill)
    As you can see that uses 4 abilities.
    The fifth is on you choise. I usually use reapers mark (for autohealing), or focused attack (for stamina regen) as they aslo boost you crit (via passive). I cast them from stealth before first attack.
    Edited by Stannum on July 3, 2014 7:59AM
  • Suntzu1414
    this is very interesting combo.

I like the use of Flying Blade (instead of Flurry).

I looked at Flying blade before, but i stuck with Flurry (also the recent upgrade 10%--didn't hurt), plus i crit on the first two (of 6) blade attacks.

I will take look at it again...

(my fifth HB skill-- is vampire skill - stun) -- its for when things go sideways.

--- do you use bow?

thanks again
    ST
  • Stannum
    Stannum
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use bow usually in group or on dolmen\world bosses fights.
    My bow build is venom arrow - funnel health - mass hysteria (piercing mark for lonly bosses) - magnum shot - crippling grasp -- soul assault
    use crippling grasp to keep target allways DoTed, attack with venom arrow\funnel health (use magika when stamina is low and vice versa). hysteria for cc, magnum shot to evade boss.