Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bunches of questions

Tonturri
Tonturri
✭✭✭✭✭
1) Does the Passive Soul Siphoner in the Siphoning tree work with Leeching Strikes? Seems to be quite a lackluster passive if it only works with the ultimate and the first ability

2) What crit chance do class abilities run off of? Weapon or spell?

3)Is magicka flood worth taking at all? A 4% increase (at first. Dunno what the next level up gives) doesn't seem all that great. Am I missing something?

4)I'm almost at Veteran Content (frolicing around Cold Harbor at the moment). Am I going to be totally screwed if I run a bow/duel wield, leather wearing khajiit?

5)Aspect of Terror and Summon Shade (and morphs of both) - I have a feeling I'm supposed to be using these for...something. Aspect of Terror CC worth bringing into Vet content?

6) I took Leeching Strikes instead of the other morph (a heal instead of a 15% chance for -all- attacks to restore a decent amount of magicka/stam). Is the loss of the resource regen significant enough to worry about? (should I make a point to equip some magicka/stam regen and cost reduc stuff, or leave as is?)

7) Does Leeching Strikes heal really only effect basic attacks? O.o

Edited by Tonturri on July 5, 2014 10:47PM
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tonturri wrote: »
    1) Does the Passive Soul Siphoner in the Siphoning tree work with Leeching Strikes? Seems to be quite a lackluster passive if it only works with the ultimate and the first ability

Didn't test leeching strikes, but there's one more healing ability in the siphoning tree - sap essence, a morph of drain power.

Rule of thumb is, if it looks/feels like a melee attack, it uses weapon crit. Veiled strike/assassin's blade use weapon crit, strife/cripple use spell crit etc.
    3)Is magicka flood worth taking at all? A 4% increase (at first. Dunno what the next level up gives) doesn't seem all that great. Am I missing something?

It does what it says it does - increases your magicka. Not by much, but then, it's a passive. Nothing wrong with spending those two skillpoints.
    4)I'm almost at Veteran Content (frolicing around Cold Harbor at the moment). Am I going to be totally screwed if I run a bow/duel wield, leather wearing khajiit?

You'll be fine. I'm a DW/medium armor redguard, and i am.
    5)Aspect of Terror and Summon Shade (and morphs of both) - I have a feeling I'm supposed to be using these for...something. Aspect of Terror CC worth bringing into Vet content?

Summon shade is a cheap and long lasting 15% damage debuff. Valuable for boss encounters for sure. Also good for trolling in PvP (sending the shades on someone does not pull you out of stealth). I do not use the fear normally, but i am currently leveling it up. One never knows when it might come in handy. I saw it used in PvP by others.

Leeching strikes only trigger on basic attacks, yes. But i do not use that skill myself so i can't say much else about it.

Edited by Sharee on June 30, 2014 9:33PM
  • Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info, Sharee!
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dont believe it does, since leeching strikes is a static amount return based on your maximum resource pool.

Assassin's blade, teleport strike, death stroke, and veiled strike function off of melee critical chance.

All other nightblade abilities are spell critical.

All class abilities scale based on spellpower and magicka - weapon power and stamina have no effect on their damage.

It's 8%, which isnt too shabby. I'd grab it at higher level when you have skill points to spare. There's a maximum of over 350 skill points available in the game, so by the time you start raking them in you'll have more than enough for the less powerful passives.

Some players manage to get by. It will definitely not be easy.

Shades cannot 'tank' anymore, and do minimal damage. They are a bit handy due to the damage reduction debuff their attacks apply, but I do not know if they work on bosses (or even most vet rank mobs).

Aspect of terror has some use when soloing, but because it makes enemies run away in fear for the duration it often makes things more difficult in groups that are trying to AoE down enemies.
    6) I took Leeching Strikes instead of the other morph (a heal instead of a 15% chance for -all- attacks to restore a decent amount of magicka/stam). Is the loss of the resource regen significant enough to worry about? (should I make a point to equip some magicka/stam regen and cost reduc stuff, or leave as is?)

I've tried both, and personally I prefer siphoning attacks over leeching strikes. Leeching strikes just didnt seem to have enough impact, especially when using a slower weapon type like a 2hander, shield, staff, etc.

Siphoning attacks goes off pretty frequently, and definitely makes spamming high cost AoE skills much more viable.
    7) Does Leeching Strikes heal really only effect basic attacks? O.o

Yes, only light and heavy attacks.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another question - does the Transfer passive in the Siphoning tree work with Leeching/siphoning strikes, such that I'd gain an ultimate point whenever dealing damage with an attack with the passive up?
  • Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aaaand another one-

Flawless Dawnbreaker - by 'weapon attacks', does that include melee NB abilities such as Surprise attack that are melee/use magicka/supposedly use weapon crit? Or it is limited to light/heavy attacks and stamina skills.
    Edited by Tonturri on July 2, 2014 12:08AM
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aaaand another one-

Flawless Dawnbreaker - by 'weapon attacks', does that include melee NB abilities such as Surprise attack that are melee/use magicka/supposedly use weapon crit? Or it is limited to light/heavy attacks and stamina skills.

No, just light and heavy mouse click attacks. Nothing else.
  • Thejollygreenone
    Thejollygreenone
    ✭✭✭
    Aaaand another one-

You're sure about this? By the tooltip I would expect it meant all physical attacks, I.E. including stuff like poison arrow, and snipe, and flurry, and uppercut, etc. But if you've tested this and know for certain I suppose I'll take your word on that.
  • Stannum
    Stannum
    ✭✭✭✭
    All class passives are usefull. And should be opened. On VR you'll heve enought skillpoints to open it.
    Some advises:
    Armor: heavy torso/light belt/5 other medium is better then full medium (also with armor passives).
    dual/bow is normal "classical" choise.
    duals are good for solo PvE, bow for bosses in group PvE
    Here my skilllines for dual/bow pve solo

flying blade - impale - piercing mark - surprise attack - dark cloak -- veil of blades

venom arrow - funnel health - mass hysteria (piercing mark for lonly bosses) - magnum shot - crippling grasp -- soul assault

They are working pretty nice
    aspect of terror is good for bow. Summon shade is funny but ineffective, I will better use skill slot for smth else
    7) Does Leeching Strikes heal really only effect basic attacks?
    It heals very weak, don't count on it. (best healing NB skill is piercing mark (if you plan only PvE reaper's mark morph is better) :smiley: )
    Edited by Stannum on July 2, 2014 5:38PM
  • Andy22
    Andy22
    ✭✭✭
    Aaaand another one-

You're sure about this? By the tooltip I would expect it meant all physical attacks, I.E. including stuff like poison arrow, and snipe, and flurry, and uppercut, etc. But if you've tested this and know for certain I suppose I'll take your word on that.

@Thejollygreenone, i told you not to believe anything in those forums and thats a excellent example on why :)

Simply slot Flawless Dawnbreaker and check the tooltip damage of the skills you are interested in. I assume you have not unlocked the skill yet, so here is the result.

Flawless Dawnbreaker increases all "Weapon Attacks", this means any "attack" skill/spell/ability that "needs" a specific weapon to-be used. So heals are not effected, since they are not "attacks". Class skills are not effected, since they are not "weapon attacks". All other attack skills in one of the remaining weapon tree's will be effected. This ofc also includes any light/heavy attack with any weapon.

Edited by Andy22 on July 5, 2014 4:12PM
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Andy22 wrote: »
    Aaaand another one-

@Thejollygreenone, i told you not to believe anything in those forums and thats a excellent example on why :)

Simply slot Flawless Dawnbreaker and check the tooltip damage of the skills you are interested in. I assume you have not unlocked the skill yet, so here is the result.

Flawless Dawnbreaker increases all "Weapon Attacks", this means any "attack" skill/spell/ability that "needs" a specific weapon to-be used. So heals are not effected, since they are not "attacks". Class skills are not effected, since they are not "weapon attacks". All other attack skills in one of the remaining weapon tree's will be effected. This ofc also includes any light/heavy attack with any weapon.
    I did not test fighters tree itself, but i assume its also effected.

My abilities hit for the same with it slotted or not.
    Only light and heavy attacks deal more damage.

If you're going to tell someone not to believe what they read, then stop telling people to read tooltips in a game as bugged as this.

For what its worth, my friend says he gets higher weapon skill damage with his DK, but I don't with my NB.
    Edited by CapuchinSeven on July 4, 2014 3:19PM
  • Andy22
    Andy22
    ✭✭✭
    If you're going to tell someone not to believe what they read, then stop telling people to read tooltips in a game as bugged as this.

For what its worth, my friend says he gets higher weapon skill damage with his DK, but I don't with my NB.

Chain of events:
    • did post false information about "Flawless Dawnbreaker"
    • get's corrected and the "crucial" part's highlighted
    • instead of actually re-testing, writes a "butthurt" answer
    • even assumes it could be a NB class "issue"

If its too hard to slot a weapon ability than read its tooltip damage and just remember this number for 3 seconds, than slot "Flawless Dawnbreaker" and compare the new number to the old, there is nothing else i can do for you.

Again NO, all your NB class skills are not "weapon" abilities, thats why i noted:
    Class skills are not effected, since they are not "weapon attacks".

PS: I actually sympathize with you, since its ZOS fault for there hard to understand skill system. Yes, i understand that i may come off as a jerk, sorry about this!
    Edited by Andy22 on July 4, 2014 6:46PM
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Random comment - Sparks and it's morph Heated Blades coupled with Leeching Strikes are the solo NBs friend against the big melee targets like Giants, trolls, those boss lizard things etc.

You can whittle them down, stay out of their specials and never take a hit, leeching feeds the sparks & helps with any hits you absolutely cannot avoid. Even works for VR10 Sinmur.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [*] get's corrected and the "crucial" part's highlighted
    [*] instead of actually re-testing, writes a "butthurt" answer
    [*] even assumes it could be a NB class "issue"
    [/list]

lawl, whatever.
    Again NO, all your NB class skills are not "weapon" abilities, thats why i noted

Who said they were?
    If its too hard to slot a weapon ability than read its tooltip damage and just remember this number for 3 seconds, than slot "Flawless Dawnbreaker" and compare the new number to the old, there is nothing else i can do for you.

Sorry, maybe I'm not being clear. The game is bugged. Tooltips have been bugged since beta, assuming that because a tooltip changes then you're right, doesn't make you right. Doesn't make you wrong, but doesn't make you right.

Re-tested, FDB does nothing to my flurry. Maybe if I stack stamina or something like my DK guild friend.

Wanna talk about it like grown ups, or play the big forum man for your buddies again?
    Edited by CapuchinSeven on July 5, 2014 5:04PM
  • leovuoeb17_ESO
    Flawless Dawnbreaker works fine for me as NB on light/heavy attacks aswell as weapon abilities. This is with 1905 stamina and 161 weapon damage. Might be, as you say, you don't see much of a difference if you're not into stamina since it's "only" 13% increase.
    Edited by leovuoeb17_ESO on July 5, 2014 8:21PM
  • Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks all for the info on Perfect Dawnbreaker.

Just...changed the title cause I don't want to make an entirely new thread.

I started a sorcerer recently and have been playing around with the summons. Are the Wing Twilight and Clannfear really as useless as they appear? The Twilight has a nice healing morph, but insofar as I know - neither of them have a taunt, and they're pretty squishy...plus, I need them on both skill bars if I want them to stick around when switching (which is imo ridiculous, they're not strong enough for that to be needed).