The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Constant Crashing - Unknown Reason

Lady_Zume
Lady_Zume
Soul Shriven
My mate and I started playing ESO today. We both logged into the game, spent a good hour creating each of our characters and then hopped onto our characters. We spent quite a while exploring in Coldharbour and then eventually made our way out. (total time between Character creation and Coldharbour run around 1.5 to 2 hours) After that point, his game client started crashing frequently out in the open game world. Probably once every half hour or more often.

I loaded the game client onto his computer a couple weeks ago and ran one of my characters around and did a few quests as well as some combat to test and it seemed to work just fine. Now, however, the game crashes often and he seems to get an error report screen for each one. We have already tried the repair option on the launcher and it found no corrupt files. Not sure what else could be going on.

He is using a laptop with Windows 7 64 bit and an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4670 card. We play LotRO every night and have played WoW (most recent expansion) and SWtOR on his computer and there are no significant issues such as crashing. We only seem to be having this issue on ESO in the open world.
  • ZOS_PierreL
    ZOS_PierreL
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Lady_Zume,

As you already try a repair, we would recommand to check if all game updates are correctly installed on our computer (feel free to check for any drivers updates as well).

To do so, you can manually update your launcher. Details on how to do this can be found here.

If the above steps do not resolve your issue, please try the following:
    • Open the game installation directory “Zenimax Online”
    • Open the folder named “Launcher”
    • Inside the “Launcher” folder, there is a folder named “ProgramData”
    • Delete the “ProgramData” folder
    • Open the launcher and download update
    • Click “Play”

Also, if you are using any add-ons, please try to play without them to see if you still get any issue.

If the above steps do not resolve the error, we recommend contacting our dedicated Customer Support team with a copy of your Game Consultant.

Thank you.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Brabok
    Brabok
    ✭✭✭
    you say you get an error report screen.
    what does that say? it might help knowing that
    Never argue with Idiots
    They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience