Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do lightning staves proc the magika regen for Elemental Drain?

Spidermonk
Spidermonk
✭✭✭
As the title states...can anyone confirm that lightning basic attacks count as a shock attack. (which would proc the magika regen 4 times during a strong attack)

My current assumption is that the base attack for a staff is controlled by stamina, the crit chance is spell crit, and damage type is shock.

I don't have a toon to test this theory on though and my googling has only come up with a supposed test with fire staves and dark elf passives
  • Spidermonk
    Spidermonk
    ✭✭✭
    Well, after having a friend test 3 destro staves (unenchanted, fire enchantment, unenchanted with the Igneous Weapons buff) through CLS we have confirmed that the Magika recovery is completely broken.

Doing a heavy attack with a resto staff shows up in CLS as refunding Magika. No such thing occurs with Elemental Drain on the target.

At this point this either confirms that:

1) CLS is not catching whatever is used for that particular event.

2) Elemental Drain is completely broken as of patch 1.2.3

Edited by Spidermonk on June 30, 2014 12:16AM
  • Pancake-Tragedy
    Pancake-Tragedy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spidermonk wrote: »
    Well, after having a friend test 3 destro staves (unenchanted, fire enchantment, unenchanted with the Igneous Weapons buff) through CLS we have confirmed that the Magika recovery is completely broken.

Doing a heavy attack with a resto staff shows up in CLS as refunding Magika. No such thing occurs with Elemental Drain on the target.

At this point this either confirms that:

1) CLS is not catching whatever is used for that particular event.

2) Elemental Drain is completely broken as of patch 1.2.3

For me, CLS shows up as "You were hit for x" when it really is the magicka regen proc from elemental drain. Try it with force shock, you get the magicka return for all three of its "hits".

As for the OP, I haven't tested it but it does proc for each hit from force shock, so it might proc for each tick of the lightning channel.
    Edited by Pancake-Tragedy on June 30, 2014 1:03AM
    Pancake Tragedy - Sorcerer
  • Spidermonk
    Spidermonk
    ✭✭✭
    I'll test that later tonight, it would be awesome if this game had a built in combat log though...it would make figuring this out SO much easier.
  • Robocles
    Robocles
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But...but.... that would make the UI less... um... immersive.