Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

UltraViolet NA PC feminist all female guild - All factions

smeeprocketnub19_ESO
smeeprocketnub19_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
UltraViolet is now recruiting!

The guild is new, so currently small, but we will be actively recruiting members. Right now we consist of members from two factions, AD and DC, but we are definitely looking for EP as well, especially ones willing to recruit.

To join you must be a female, not share your account with any males, be for things that are basic to feminist thought such as the right to choose and support of the LGBTQA community. Trans women are more than welcome to join.

The idea is to create a safe, non-hostile environment free from bigotry and oppression.

Currently we do not have a registration form up but that will probably change tonight. Contact @smeeprocket, @v0lus, or @sidneylondon in game to join, or register on the enjin site and send one of us your account name so we can look for you to invite.

ultraviolet-eso.enjin.com

We use Raidcall for voice chat, so feel free to ask if you need to talk to someone in person. I’m not always on there, but as the guild grows I will be present in chat more often.
Edited by smeeprocketnub19_ESO on July 3, 2014 1:50AM
Dear Sister, I do not spread rumors, I create them.
  • Axer
    Axer
    ✭✭✭✭
    You know if a guy tried to create an all man, maninist, anti woman, pro man rights guilds, they'd probably get forum banned.

Double standards.

I think an all girl or all dude guild should be ok. However advocating view such as feminism should be outright forum infraction though imo, no matter where its posted, be it guild recruitment, genera, or anywhere, it has no place in an mmo community.
    Axer. Main tank and Leader of Crush it! (NA-EP highly skilled trials guild)
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the plug, Axer. You're a good example of why we need this guild.
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bump
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Axer wrote: »
    You know if a guy tried to create an all man, maninist, anti woman, pro man rights guilds, they'd probably get forum banned.

Double standards.

I think an all girl or all dude guild should be ok. However advocating view such as feminism should be outright forum infraction though imo, no matter where its posted, be it guild recruitment, genera, or anywhere, it has no place in an mmo community.

I actually agree with him. What is the point of a political feminist guild? I get having all female guilds (I am a part of one and there should be some all male guilds with a system where you can have multiple guilds I see nothing wrong with it) but why make a guild to further a political agenda? Silly. Just silly.

"not share your account with any males" you just sound like you hate guys and that is pretty much it.

I consider myself a feminist and I think this does nothing but HURT the cause. Feminism isn't about hating males and that is exactly what this post sounds like. It makes me sad that the movement is coming to this sort of low. Feminism is about furthering the cause and equality for women (at least it use to be) most true feminist have set there focus on other countries that suppress women, not try to make little social clubs where they dish about how men are mean or this and that. I know plenty of MALE feminists so excluding them sort of says "hey you can't help us we don't want you, you are a dirty male". Please rethink how you are portraying your guild, there are plenty of female only guilds that do it without bringing up an agenda. I am sure if you and I sat down we would agree with a lot of things but this is just going to needlessly stir the pot against what should be something everyone is behind and create division in the gaming community.

There really shouldn't be feminist, democrat, republican, mens rights, naacp or any kind of thing like that advertised on these forums. We are gamers and we should all consider ourselves one blanket unit.

As a woman I really don't see the need for this sort of guild in this day and age, I am in several "co-ed" guilds and they treat me the same as anyone else. I really think that this sort of thing will only serve to create further division and that, I hope, is the last thing we want to see.
    Edited by Laura on July 3, 2014 4:48PM
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Laura wrote: »

Double standards.

I actually agree with him. What is the point of a political feminist guild? I get having all female guilds (I am a part of one and there should be some all male guilds with a system where you can have multiple guilds I see nothing wrong with it) but why make a guild to further a political agenda? Silly. Just silly.

"not share your account with any males" you just sound like you hate guys and that is pretty much it.

I consider myself a feminist and I think this does nothing but HURT the cause. Feminism isn't about hating males and that is exactly what this post sounds like. It makes me sad that the movement is coming to this sort of low. Feminism is about furthering the cause and equality for women (at least it use to be) most true feminist have set there focus on other countries that suppress women, not try to make little social clubs where they dish about how men are mean or this and that. I know plenty of MALE feminists so excluding them sort of says "hey you can't help us we don't want you, you are a dirty male". Please rethink how you are portraying your guild, there are plenty of female only guilds that do it without bringing up an agenda. I am sure if you and I sat down we would agree with a lot of things but this is just going to needlessly stir the pot against what should be something everyone is behind and create division in the gaming community.

There really shouldn't be feminist, democrat, republican, mens rights, naacp or any kind of thing like that advertised on these forums. We are gamers and we should all consider ourselves one blanket unit.

As a woman I really don't see the need for this sort of guild in this day and age, I am in several "co-ed" guilds and they treat me the same as anyone else. I really think that this sort of thing will only serve to create further division and that, I hope, is the last thing we want to see.

If you were a feminist you would understand the severity of referring to any cause in the same manner as MRAs. Supporting *** and trying to hurt women is far different than wanting a safe place to be.

A big part of it is, if I want to have a casual conversation in guild, I want to know that members are on the same page as me. No arguments over abortion rights, etc. I want to know that transgender women will be perceived as women, and there won't be a fight over them joining.

We, as gamers, are not one blanket unit. I have experienced this seperation many times, and ignoring it is not helping the matter.

I am fine with "portraying" my guild as feminist and female only. No one is required to join.

If you want to imagine us gathering around and talking trash about men, that's yours to do. Feminists don't generally do that, I mean, I'm sure people on the outside assume that, but that's a lot of effort to constantly trash men when we could be talking about other subjects.
  • MissTreated
    MissTreated
    ✭✭✭
    So let me get this correct, to join your all female guild, I have to delete my male friends from my friends list...
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So let me get this correct, to join your all female guild, I have to delete my male friends from my friends list...

huh? no. I don't know where you got that from. There's not even a way to monitor that.
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Double standards.

If you were a feminist you would understand the severity of referring to any cause in the same manner as MRAs. Supporting *** and trying to hurt women is far different than wanting a safe place to be.

A big part of it is, if I want to have a casual conversation in guild, I want to know that members are on the same page as me. No arguments over abortion rights, etc. I want to know that transgender women will be perceived as women, and there won't be a fight over them joining.

We, as gamers, are not one blanket unit. I have experienced this seperation many times, and ignoring it is not helping the matter.

I am fine with "portraying" my guild as feminist and female only. No one is required to join.

If you want to imagine us gathering around and talking trash about men, that's yours to do. Feminists don't generally do that, I mean, I'm sure people on the outside assume that, but that's a lot of effort to constantly trash men when we could be talking about other subjects.

I'm guessing you are pretty young. You seem pretty detached from reality to be honest, you are pushing what seriously sounds like a hate group/guild and its things like this that are giving feminism a bad name to the point that we have considered changing what we call it. I am part of a group that gives money and goes to other countries to help equality for women around the world - it is getting increasingly difficult for our organization to be taken seriously because of the reputation some feminists have given us. Modern feminism gives off the impression of glorifying victimization and heckling men, and regardless of what you INTENDED for this and your tamriel foundry guild post to portray that is the impression it is giving off (and it is strongly implied) if you honestly are only having issues with your wording and aren't trying to stir the pot I could help you with that.

You could easily make a guild that isn't feminist or even female only with rules stating that they must be open minded. Mine do that very effectively.

I beseech anyone reading this to NOT join this guild and further the divide between the sexes in gaming.

All I ever hear in my guilds when something is brought up against women in gaming all the guys jump on it before any of us girls can and just destroy it. There is NO point to this guild other than to needlessly cause a stir. Lately since they have seen this very guild post they have been in a sort of hostile mood towards femenisim and the direction it is taking in gaming, which forces me to explain to them there are different types. Honestly I can't blame them for being upset, if I saw a mens rights thread that said what basic beliefs should be and went as far as to say "can not share your account with any females" i would be pretty upset too.

Healing is about assimilation not segregation. Segregation has been attempted before and had less than desirable results.
    Edited by Laura on July 14, 2014 5:28PM
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Double standards.

I'm guessing you are pretty young. You seem pretty detached from reality to be honest, you are pushing what seriously sounds like a hate group/guild and its things like this that are giving feminism a bad name to the point that we have considered changing what we call it. I am part of a group that gives money and goes to other countries to help equality for women around the world - it is getting increasingly difficult for our organization to be taken seriously because of the reputation some feminists have given us. Modern feminism gives off the impression of glorifying victimization and heckling men, and regardless of what you INTENDED for this and your tamriel foundry guild post to portray that is the impression it is giving off (and it is strongly implied) if you honestly are only having issues with your wording and aren't trying to stir the pot I could help you with that.

You could easily make a guild that isn't feminist or even female only with rules stating that they must be open minded. Mine do that very effectively.

I beseech anyone reading this to NOT join this guild and further the divide between the sexes in gaming.

All I ever hear in my guilds when something is brought up against women in gaming all the guys jump on it before any of us girls can and just destroy it. There is NO point to this guild other than to needlessly stir cause a stir. Lately since they have seen this very guild post they have been in a sort of hostile mood towards femenisim and the direction it is taking in gaming, which forces me to explain to them there are different types. Honestly I can't blame them for being upset, if I saw a mens rights thread that said what basic beliefs should be and went as far as to say "can not share your account with any females" i would be pretty upset too.

Healing is about assimilation not segregation. Segregation has been attempted before and had less than desirable results.

Personal insults. Nice, that will make me pay attention.

This impression you have of feminists is your own problem. No one has displayed any of these imagined attributes. Nor do you make a very good argument when you try to tear down the person you are debating against.

You can't, out of one side of your mouth, claim to be feminist, and then bash feminists out of the other. You're ultimately just hating on other women.

Also, healing is not about assimilation. It is not about women bending to a male dominated society or black people bending to a white society. That is a ridiculous statement.
    Edited by smeeprocketnub19_ESO on July 14, 2014 5:30PM
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Double standards.

All I ever hear in my guilds when something is brought up against women in gaming all the guys jump on it before any of us girls can and just destroy it. There is NO point to this guild other than to needlessly stir cause a stir. Lately since they have seen this very guild post they have been in a sort of hostile mood towards femenisim and the direction it is taking in gaming, which forces me to explain to them there are different types. Honestly I can't blame them for being upset, if I saw a mens rights thread that said what basic beliefs should be and went as far as to say "can not share your account with any females" i would be pretty upset too.

You can't, out of one side of your mouth, claim to be feminist, and then bash feminists out of the other. You're ultimately just hating on other women.

This is exactly what I am talking about, yes, you can. If the direction a movement is going is wrong it should be called out. What you are doing ISN'T what feminism has always been about.

Trying to stop hate is not hate speech, and I did not personally insult you I am calling them like I see them. You do seem young, and there is nothing wrong with that (I wish I was still young). However, the fact that you think my disagreeing with the direction you are going or disagreeing with the way the younger generation is portraying feminist makes me "hate women" shows just how detached you are.

I am old enough to have seen some of the actual issues we faced and because of our movement these things have changed. My daughter just got her doctorate not long ago and became a doctor in no time, when I was young this would have been unheard of.

When I was younger many of the things you enjoy today would have been impossible, and I can assure you we didn't change things by segregation or insults we changed things by PROVING them wrong.

Great example - in everquest I was made to be the necromancer leader and some of the guys took issue with it. Instead of curling up in a ball and feeling like a victim I proved to them that not only was the promotion warranted but I helped all of them become better. I changed minds and helped change the gaming world for the better. There apologies still ring in my head to this day and even now we are the best of friends and they champion the cause of equality in gaming.

In WoW I was a raid leader and at first it was sort of strange to people and within a year I took the raid team to the top of the server and number 25 in the world. It was such a big deal that it was featured in WoW insider. That changed so many minds it was unreal.

Those things aren't a big deal in today's world at all.

I couldn't have done those things if I had created a pre-disposition against men or decided I was going to segregate myself from them.

I want to be perfectly clear I am absolutely sure you are doing what you think is best - but I really feel it is misguided. I really think that this can only cause problems.
    Edited by Laura on July 14, 2014 5:47PM
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Double standards.

Also, healing is not about assimilation. It is not about women bending to a male dominated society or black people bending to a white society. That is a ridiculous statement.

Want to touch on your quote here that you added later. What I mean by assimilation is togetherness and equality, seperate but equal is literally what you are trying to do here. (segregation) it was tried before in the united states and was easily one of the worst social disasters of our in our countries history.

People heal and learn there differences by being together and having open discussion. If two people are in two seperate rooms they have no way of understanding each other. Segregation/Assimilation. You do not solve an argument by not talking to someone, for example.

I am not sure if you are trolling me at this point to be completely honest... I obviously didn't mean people should bend to anyone...
    Edited by Laura on July 14, 2014 5:46PM
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not actually young, though I suppose that is relative. But it's also irrelevant, you are using that assumption to talk to me from a position of supposed higher authority.

It's amazing how angry you are getting over women wanting to have a safe place to game around each other. As if it is a personal affront to you. It isn't. You are not required to join.

However, I will direct you to this wiki article. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internalized_sexism

No attacks on men are happening, you don't have to apologize for our guild to your male friends, if this makes them hate feminism, they already did. That image of a man-eating troll is already in their mind. If anything, you should be slapping them for insulting feminism at all, not empathizing with the hate they have for the women's movement.
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a quote by a friend of mine is appropriate for the accusation of segregation...

"Furthermore, segregation has come to be synonymous with the Civil Rights Movement. If you want to use a word that suggests parsing, use “division.” Reverse sexism is not sexism. When marginalization is the reason for separation it is not segregation. But then again, as I’ve all ready said, men who claim reverse sexism and segregation are precisely the type of people we’re trying to avoid."
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No attacks on men are happening, you don't have to apologize for our guild to your male friends, if this makes them hate feminism, they already did. That image of a man-eating troll is already in their mind. If anything, you should be slapping them for insulting feminism at all, not empathizing with the hate they have for the women's movement.

I am almost 100% convinced you are a troll now. You are calling me a sexist now? I actually give money and start rallies against things that are an affront to women. Things that single them out in any way.

So they never "Hated" it before but when the younger ones go and see that this is what feminism is (quite frankly a pro segregation hate group) they assume that is what the group is about and then I have to explain to them that is NOT what it is about and tell them its history, which changes there mind. You honestly think if any part of feminism is criticized it means that they hated it anyway? So if someone goes and kills someone and say it was in the name of feminism and then I say that is wrong and is not what feminists are about I should be slapped or i'm "an internal sexist". Of course they are going to get upset when a post is made that clearly pushes at them.

I can't believe you are not understanding what you are doing here and quite frankly if you aren't trolling it is disturbing. There is a reason your posts catch flak and other women groups do not.
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am almost 100% convinced you are a troll now. You are calling me a sexist now? I actually give money and start rallies against things that are an affront to women. Things that single them out in any way.

So they never "Hated" it before but when the younger ones go and see that this is what feminism is (quite frankly a pro segregation hate group) they assume that is what the group is about and then I have to explain to them that is NOT what it is about and tell them its history, which changes there mind. You honestly think if any part of feminism is criticized it means that they hated it anyway? So if someone goes and kills someone and say it was in the name of feminism and then I say that is wrong and is not what feminists are about I should be slapped or i'm "an internal sexist". Of course they are going to get upset when a post is made that clearly pushes at them.

I can't believe you are not understanding what you are doing here and quite frankly if you aren't trolling it is disturbing. There is a reason your posts catch flak and other women groups do not.

Most of what you posted isn't relevant to the conversation. It's just a lot of anger with no real direction.

If you really think this is a pro-segregation hate group, then it speaks more about you than it does of the guild.

However, as I said, you are not required to join.

Regardless of any sort of feminist activities you've engaged in in the past, it does not make you immune to the aforementioned internalized sexism. Your current actions are far more important, and you are not making a very good case for supporting female solidarity.
  • ZOS_AmeliaR
    ZOS_AmeliaR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greetings, everyone. We’ve closed this thread as it has devolved into discussion of real-world politics, which is not allowed, per our Community Code of Conduct. That being said, we think this is a good opportunity to elaborate on what we consider acceptable for our forums and explain why we closed this thread.

It is fine to create a guild based around a certain set of values – whether they be personal, religious, political, etc. – and to recruit for your guild on our forums, provided the specific rules for the Guild Headquarters section, detailed here, are followed. That being said, the discussion that follows within a recruitment thread must also follow our Code of Conduct and should remain on the topic of guild recruitment.

Additionally, we encourage everyone to use our forum’s Report function on any thread or comment you feel violates our forum rules, rather than engage with a user whose content you feel is in violation. Doing so is important, as it gets moderator attention to the post quickly and helps prevent the thread itself from steering off-topic.

To clarify a couple of related items that were brought up in the comments of this thread, an all-male or men’s rights guild – and recruitment for that guild – would be acceptable within our forum rules, as would be a guild for only Democrats or only German speakers (these are, of course, just examples). However, an anti-women guild (again, only an example), presented on the forums or in the game, would violate our Terms of Service, which prohibits, as an example, the organization of and participation in hateful activity.

We hope this explanation helps clarify why we closed this thread and the type of behavior we find acceptable (and not) on our forums.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.