The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Improved Werewolf - Easily Implemented

Brizz
Brizz
✭✭✭✭
I think the only changes that will ever be considered would be the ones that are easy to implement.

My suggestion for Werewolf would be to allow usable class skills that are either buffs or defensives to be dragged onto the werewolf bar. All of these could use the "Howl" animation plus whatever spell effect was used so as to require easy implementation.

Usable skills would include:

Dragon Knight
  • Spiked Armor
  • Reflective Scale
  • Molten Weapons
  • Obsidiun Shield
Sorcerer:
  • Bound Armor
  • Conjured Ward
  • Lightning Form
  • Surge
Nightblade
  • Blur
  • Haste
  • Shadow Cloak
  • Siphoning Strikes
Templar
  • Sun Shield
  • Blinding Light
  • Restoring Aura
  • Rune Focus

I also think that the Werewolf would need to be a toggled Ultimate similar to how Overload works for Sorcerers -

Werewolf Transformation - Transforms player into a werewolf form that drains Ultimate. Increases Stamina, Armor, and run speed. Attack damage is derived from max stamina. Toggle to activate. 500 Ultimate, Instant

Some of the passives would need changing to benefit a toggled Ultimate, as well as something that gives you a bonus out of form.

Devour - Can devour humanoid corpses to earn 25 Ultimate.
Call of the Pack - Reduces the amount of ultimate drained from werewolf transformation on nearby allies by 3%/5%. Effects up to 5 targets and stacks up to 5 times.
Swift - Increases run speed by 30%.

Lastly, I believe that Vampires and Werewolves should be strong in this game, and the Fighters Guild skill line should provide strong counters to them.
Edited by Brizz on June 27, 2014 10:26AM
:.,_,.:*"'"*:.,_,.:*"'"* Guild of Shadows *"'":.,_,.:*"'"*:.,_,.:
Briizz - v14 EP Werewolf Nightblade <Former Emperor - Chillrend NA>
Brizz The Elder Dragon - v14 EP Dragon Knight
Brizz - v12 DC Nightblade <Former Emperor - Celarus NA>
Brizeer - v4 Stamina Sorcerer - Prophet of Zazeer-Destroyer of Buff Severs and Eater of Sweet Rolls-
Watch LIVE @ www.twitch.tv/brizztv
  • Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the entire idea of this topic would require quite a bit of work on part of ZOS.

however allowing skills and passives in WW form would not be too hard to implement, and could be done with all abilitys, not just a select few.

Werewolf already contains charging animations for abilities and lots of other animations..

the problem is that Werewolfs in the elderscrolls have never been able to do what they are innately able to do.. and ZOS implementing the ability to use any skills would be a serious break for the transformation in the context of being a elderscrolls game.

so while i would love to be able to use class ability in Werewolf form, i don't see ZOS ever adding this to the transformation.
    I play every class in every situation. I love them all.
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If its going to be treated like sorcs overload ultimate then 500 is way too high for the minimum activate cost. Can start at 100 since only a few attacks are going to drain that pretty quickly.

Fighters guild is already pretty strong against ww and vampire. automatic 9% extra damage dealt to them from every attack. People seem to miss that part...
  • Brizz
    Brizz
    ✭✭✭✭
    If its going to be treated like sorcs overload ultimate then 500 is way too high for the minimum activate cost. Can start at 100 since only a few attacks are going to drain that pretty quickly.

Fighters guild is already pretty strong against ww and vampire. automatic 9% extra damage dealt to them from every attack. People seem to miss that part...

I think 500 is perfect. A player shouldn't be able to transform super fast, but at the same time they should be able to be in form for a good amount of time after they've saved enough.
    Brizeer - v4 Stamina Sorcerer - Prophet of Zazeer-Destroyer of Buff Severs and Eater of Sweet Rolls-
  • Brizz
    Brizz
    ✭✭✭✭
    the entire idea of this topic would require quite a bit of work on part of ZOS.

however allowing skills and passives in WW form would not be too hard to implement, and could be done with all abilitys, not just a select few.

Werewolf already contains charging animations for abilities and lots of other animations..

the problem is that Werewolfs in the elderscrolls have never been able to do what they are innately able to do.. and ZOS implementing the ability to use any skills would be a serious break for the transformation in the context of being a elderscrolls game.

so while i would love to be able to use class ability in Werewolf form, i don't see ZOS ever adding this to the transformation.

I think there are some abilities that would be too strong coupled with the power of the werewolfs melee hits.