Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to abandon an ongoing quest?

EdwinRipoll601
Hi, I'm currently doing the "Castle of the Worm" Main Story quest and I can't finish it yet. I need to level a bit more before I try it again, have died about 30 times trying. The problem is I can't find a way to abandon it. Can't walk back, tried logging out and in and still spawned inside. How can I do this? Thanks
  • pavelcherepanskyrwb17_ESO
    I would suggest either opening your journal, selecting the quest and using Abandon option or you can open your map, open the tab with all locations and teleport to some wayshrine outside. Hope that helps.
    "Do you want the book or not? Then go whack some people with Wabbajack!!"
  • EdwinRipoll601
    @pavelcherepanskyrwb17_ESO It wouldn't let me abandon on my journal and on the map it only showed quest regions (a really small one without wayshrines or anywhere to teleport). What did work was that I created another character and played on it for about an hour, by the time I logged back on my main he appeared at the entrance of the quest. Don't know if it was the creation of another character or it simply needed more time logged out to appear outside the quest, but either way it worked. Thanks :)
    Edited by EdwinRipoll601 on June 27, 2014 12:38AM
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't know if it was the creation of another character or it simply needed more time logged out to appear outside the quest, but either way it worked. Thanks :)
    So you know in future, it was the time logged out that did it. I don't know how long it needs, but you'll always bet out of such instances if you leave it long enough.

People often learn of this mechanic when they're on this quest. :D
    Edited by fromtesonlineb16_ESO on June 27, 2014 7:14AM
  • EdwinRipoll601
    @fromtesonlineb16_ESO thanks :) will keep it in mind, won't have to create another character if I ever need to get out of a quest now xD
  • mlecho74
    mlecho74
    Hi, I'm currently doing the "Castle of the Worm" Main Story quest and I can't finish it yet. I need to level a bit more before I try it again, have died about 30 times trying. The problem is I can't find a way to abandon it. Can't walk back, tried logging out and in and still spawned inside. How can I do this? Thanks

The main story quests can't be abandoned. They're "mandatory" to the story. You don't have to do them, of course, but you will lose out on Skill Points and leveling ability.

For getting out, open your map and teleport to a wayshrine.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Log out, log into another character, do some crafting or researching, log back into your original character, and he/she should be back at in tamriel.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • EdwinRipoll601
    @mlecho74 I intended to do it, just wanted to leave the area to be able to do some other quests and gain some levels before trying it again because i wasn't strong enough to finish it. Either way I already figured out how to and completed the quest. Thanks though :)
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can also usually open your friends list and Travel to (another) Player in your same alliance. If, for some reason, you have no online friends in your alliance, as a zone chat person to group with you and do the same.

It should let you travel out, through it won't let them travel in.

You can sometimes warp in and assist others in areas you technically should no longer me able to access, though this will not work with Solo Main content.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS