Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Advice on NB AOE Non Destro Staff for VR 3

timothywnugent_ESO
timothywnugent_ESO
Soul Shriven
Hello, first a short intro. I am a VR3 NB who uses DW and Bow(hardly ever), 5 medium and 2 light armor. I have no issues with taking on mobs one at a time. Groups of 3 are easy and groups of 4 can be done fine by me. However, if I ever try to use AOE skills, I run out of mana when the mobs are barely at half health. I have overcharged Magicka Recovery, and 1600 Magicka.

The only spammable AOE skill that I believe we have is Drain Power which I have morphed into Sap Essence. I can cast it about 5 or 6 times max before I run out of magicka. However, the mobs are at half health at this point. I have tried starting with scorched earth bow AOE, and then laying down Refreshing Path, but those do so little dmg that it is pointless. Is there anything besides getting a staff that I can do for AOE, or am I stuck going single target?

• cameo
    cameo
    Weave in some whirling blades to use some of the stam pool? Specially when they are lower health it gets a dmg boost.

Also once in a while can use Ultimate Veil of Blades or even the Siphon Soul Tether to stun the mobs for a bit to allow for more regen.
    Edited by cameo on June 27, 2014 1:04PM
  • timothywnugent_ESO
    timothywnugent_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    If you have to use an ult to kill a pack of mobs, it does not count. I want to do this repeatedly, not once and then wait 5 minutes for my ult to build up.
  • Beldorr
    Beldorr
    ✭✭✭
    For AOE I use 3 abilities: lotus fan, sap essence and veil of blades. The real trick is to have siphoning strikes up and weave light attacks in between saps. This really increases your sustain damage.

Lotus fan benefits from the sneak attack stealth bonus so I open with this. Veil of blades on groups that I know are difficult. Then spam sap essence with light attacks in-between to help proc more magicka from siphoning strikes. If you use stamina AOEs you could use both with light attacks and I wouldn't expect any resource issues.

Restostaff has really good synergy with sap essence. It gives more damage, more healing and its heavy attack will help your sustain.

Also, mages guild volcanic rune really helps. If you wanted to do stamina aoe and volcanic rune for CC while recovering stamina you can’t go wrong. It’s a 4 second stun and you can keep a mob perma stunned if you have the magicka regen.

• timothywnugent_ESO
    timothywnugent_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I might have to try the Volcanic Rune. My dual Wield bar is set up for single target dmg. Is there any way to have a second bar point to my DW weapons, or do I have to have 4 freaking daggers in order to have two bars that use DW?

Also, I have a templar and a sorc that use staffs, I don't want my NB to use it as well.
  • cameo
    cameo
    You would need 4 daggers to make 2 DW bars
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you have to use an ult to kill a pack of mobs, it does not count. I want to do this repeatedly, not once and then wait 5 minutes for my ult to build up.

With Sap Essence spam, when I fight a group of 5-8 mobs my Ultimate is sometimes charged so quickly as to be usable twice.
    I favour Soul Tether because 150 charges more quickly than 200 for Veil and holds greater utility for me.
    The only real downside is the Ultimate gains nerf on crits decreased the rate somewhat.

Some questions:
    What is your Spell Crit?
    Do you use a Magicka food to raise your stats, or is 1600 your base?
    What jewelry enchants do you use?
    Edited by Samadhi on June 27, 2014 1:51PM
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is how I do it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzD55xxuMq0
    First map is V7 Public Dungeon, second map is V10 Public Dungeon.
    Stats and stuff at the end.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • timothywnugent_ESO
    timothywnugent_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Here is my unbuffed stats. I don't usually use buffs. I use 3 pieces of warlock jewelry.
    2wnw8ev.jpg
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're going to stick with dual wield, I'd use power extraction -> Refreshing path (or twisting shadows) -> shrouded daggers spam to 50% -> whirling blades/steel tornado to kill.

At the moment my nb is using bow on both bars, so my aoe bar is set up to use power extraction -> twisting shadows -> bombard/volley spam with siphoning attacks up.

Also I find it hard to believe that it takes you 5 minutes to build up your ultimate. There are times where I'll be able to use the siphoning ultimate 2 or even 3 times in a fight if there are enough enemies.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank