Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Templar; Class Skills and Spell Critical?

Xozah
Xozah
✭✭✭
Hello guys.

I'm trying to fix my build a bit for pve solo and I was thinking of having Inner Light on the bar, but then i realized I mostly use Aedric Spear abilities and I don't know which ones are affected by spell critical.

I would assume the other 2 class tree for Templar are all affected by Spell Critical, not so sure about Aedric.

I've heard rumors like "if they use magicka they are spells" but that doesn't seem to be true. I also heard "if they have a range of 8 meter or above they use spell critical" But that would make all bow abilities use spell critical and I doubt that..

anyone that has some more info on this?
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Puncturing strikes, Focused Charge, and Radial Sweep (and the morphs for these skills) use melee critical. Piercing Javelin and Spear Shards, and their morphs, use spell critical.

Sun Shield I'm not sure about, havent seen any real testing on it, but at this point I would say it's most likely spell critical due to the way it functions.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Nickdorlandb16_ESO
    Nickdorlandb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Hello guys.

I'm trying to fix my build a bit for pve solo and I was thinking of having Inner Light on the bar, but then i realized I mostly use Aedric Spear abilities and I don't know which ones are affected by spell critical.

I would assume the other 2 class tree for Templar are all affected by Spell Critical, not so sure about Aedric.

I've heard rumors like "if they use magicka they are spells" but that doesn't seem to be true. I also heard "if they have a range of 8 meter or above they use spell critical" But that would make all bow abilities use spell critical and I doubt that..

They all are, as a v12 templar even as healer.. I use inner light.. Im a crit healer and dps, and its a must have for templar :)
  • grizzbi
    grizzbi
    ✭✭✭
    Hello guys.

They all are, as a v12 templar even as healer.. I use inner light.. Im a crit healer and dps, and its a must have for templar :)

No they aren't. Inner light is spell critical. And some of the aedric spear abilities don't use spell critical but weapon critical.

From what I have been able to test myself, Lynx7386 is right:
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    Puncturing strikes, Focused Charge, and Radial Sweep (and the morphs for these skills) use melee critical. Piercing Javelin and Spear Shards, and their morphs, use spell critical.

Sun Shield I'm not sure about, havent seen any real testing on it, but at this point I would say it's most likely spell critical due to the way it functions.

Also, Sun Shield was probably bugged before the patch. It used to have something like 50% "build in" critical rate. Or maybe the addon damage stats were not properly displaying its critical rate..

Edited by grizzbi on June 26, 2014 1:28PM