The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

5L, 2H armor tank?

Troponin
Troponin
✭✭✭
*Edit 2H = 2 heavy, not 2 hander, just for clarification*

I am reading a lot about how easy it is to get over capped on armor and that it's a broken system. In that case, is anyone running good tank builds in VR content with 5L and 2H set ups? I was thinking, The Templar gets some really nice armor morphs later in the game, so if I wanted a healer that could tank late game, it might be a cool option. I already have the points in both light and heavy, so it wouldn't be a bad thing to have to switch back.

Regardless, my other question is, with all of the armor skills and shields that templars get, are they good end game tanks as well? I hear people say "no", but then I hear of a random Templar tanking all the end game content and doing it really well, but are these exceptions to the rules because of some specific group set up?
Edited by Troponin on June 24, 2014 5:59PM
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Troponin wrote: »

I am reading a lot about how easy it is to get over capped on armor and that it's a broken system. In that case, is anyone running good tank builds in VR content with 5L and 2H set ups? I was thinking, The Templar gets some really nice armor morphs later in the game, so if I wanted a healer that could tank late game, it might be a cool option. I already have the points in both light and heavy, so it wouldn't be a bad thing to have to switch back.

Regardless, my other question is, with all of the armor skills and shields that templars get, are they good end game tanks as well? I hear people say "no", but then I hear of a random Templar tanking all the end game content and doing it really well, but are these exceptions to the rules because of some specific group set up?

im having both vr 12 temp and DK from my personal subjective perspective templar can tank every content in this game(but that can be done by any class) if i can choose between a DK and a templar tank i would choose a dk the only advantage a templar has over a DK is his selfhealing wich does not rely on HP lost(or better beeing nearly dead) to be worthwhile(but that only matters if you healers are garbage). every other aspect the DK abilities are far better than the templar versions in regard of tanking.
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Troponin wrote: »

im having both vr 12 temp and DK from my personal subjective perspective templar can tank every content in this game(but that can be done by any class) if i can choose between a DK and a templar tank i would choose a dk the only advantage a templar has over a DK is his selfhealing wich does not rely on HP lost(or better beeing nearly dead) to be worthwhile(but that only matters if you healers are garbage). every other aspect the DK abilities are far better than the templar versions in regard of tanking.

See i disagree. I absloutely abhore my DK vr12 tank. I greatly prefer my sorc tank at VR 5. Templar looks to me it would be superior to it as they seem to pull ranged attacks with out taunting due to healing aggro. Heals work better then taunts half the time for hate. lol

As for Tanking in light dont even bother with the two pieces of heavy it not benefit you at all. The only thing i would suggest is maybe light 5 piece hist now that the Dodge rating is working correctly ive used it on my sorc and it will dodge heavy attacks quite frequently. right now im using Seducer night mother on my sorc with warlock jewelry and i am never in any danger. It tanks better then my Heavy wearing Orc DK with 3k hit points.
    Edited by Wifeaggro13 on June 24, 2014 9:37PM
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The real issue with templar and nightblade healing is the lack of an AoE immobilize. Dragonknights have talons, sorcs have encase. With no AoE taunt in the game, dealing with the large packs of enemies in pve pulls means you have to keep them pinned down while your damage dealers burn them. Without an aoe immobilize, or really any kind of multi-target crowd control, templars and nightblades severely suffer in that area of tanking.

When it comes to single target, I'd say sure, templars and nightblades tank just as well as anyone else.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank