Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Critical Strike Damage bug

yelloweyedemon
yelloweyedemon
✭✭✭
I noticed that the boosts to "critical strike damage" are not working at all.

The only crit damage increase currently working is under "weapon critical" and the only trait that comes to mind is the Khajiit racial that gives 2/4/6 (%) weapon crit damage.

Futhermore, skills/abilities that are 100% bugged (tested will explain later on) are

-Hemorrhage (NB passive trait on assassination line). The skill is supposed to increase critical strike damage by 5/10 (%)

-Mundus Shadow stone. Tooltip saying "increases critical strike damage". The correct amount is unknown (often mentioned to be a 10%) but it is not woking at all.

I asked a friend to do some testing with his NB (V1). 3/3 Carnage trait (khajiit racial), Shadow stone, 3/3 hemorrhage (NB passive trait)

On a normal on-level npc:

Killers Blade: 157 normal hit
244 crit.

So if my calculator is working properly: 157 + 56% = 244,92

Probably the system ignores 0,X percentages, but that 6% is the only boost to crit damage my friends Nb had, while he should have an additional 10% from Hemorrhage (trait) plus the amount of mundus Shadow stone, no matter how much that is supposed to be.

Can any dev please take a look at this issue?
Edited by yelloweyedemon on June 23, 2014 4:46PM
  • Postumus
    Postumus
    I find it absolutely mind boggling that a game mechanic as critical (hah) as crit strike damage would not have been tested at some time during the year(s) of development, alpha, etc., and been discovered to be broken.

The various skills bugged in subtle ways, the armor set bonuses, quest bugs, all that I can see escaping testers, but the test methodology for testing crit strike damage is ridiculously simple.

Good work picking this up, lets hope it gets some immediate attention. I play a crit based NB, and I have been using the Shadow mundus since I found it; kind of annoying to see that I wasted a buff for all those levels.
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read somewhere it works but doesnt show it.

I was wondering about this since I'm crit heavy.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Re: Hemorrhage

Without an assassination skill on my bar
    375 normal
    563 crit

Critting at 1.50x damage

With an assassination skill on my bar
    375 normal
    582 crit

Critting at 1.55x damage

Looks like the 10% calculation is not a straight 10% added but a 10% of the existing crit bonus multiplier.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Postumus
    Postumus
    The above test seems to prove that crit strike bonus does work, but leaves the question of whether this is working as intended unanswered. When I read "10% bonus to crit strike damage", that makes me think 150% * 110%, which would be a crit bonus of 165%. The damage bonus from a critical strike is 150%, not 50%.

Instead, the calculation actually occurring is 50% * 110%, which gives a new bonus of 155%, instead of 165%. For the 375 damage attack used as an example, the difference is 582 damage vs. 375 * 1.65 = 619 damage, which is fairly significant.

If Crit Strike bonuses are going to be calculated multiplicatively, at least multiply the bonus by the actual multiplier, 1.5, not the percent difference between a crit and a normal hit.
    Edited by Postumus on June 24, 2014 2:39AM
  • Brasseurfb16_ESO
    Brasseurfb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Postumus wrote: »
    The above test seems to prove that crit strike bonus does work, but leaves the question of whether this is working as intended unanswered. When I read "10% bonus to crit strike damage", that makes me think 150% * 110%, which would be a crit bonus of 165%. The damage bonus from a critical strike is 150%, not 50%.

Instead, the calculation actually occurring is 50% * 110%, which gives a new bonus of 155%, instead of 165%. For the 375 damage attack used as an example, the difference is 582 damage vs. 375 * 1.65 = 619 damage, which is fairly significant.

If Crit Strike bonuses are going to be calculated multiplicatively, at least multiply the bonus by the actual multiplier, 1.5, not the percent difference between a crit and a normal hit.

I think you are confusing factor and bonus. The 150% dmg is your dmg coeficient (called factor), when you deal critical dmg. But the bonus damage applied is the extra value you get on top of your base damage. Base value in this instance is 100% when you do not deal critical damage. To get the bonus value, you have to substract the base value from your factor to find the bonus value (or in other words : 150 - 100 = 50)

So as it stands, the description is correct and quite accurate sinds it exactly says "Increases bonus critical strike damage by 10%" (or in other words [(150 -100) x 10/100] = 5)

So the extra critical dmg you get out of that trait is 5% and is an accurate number of the current values tested ingame.
    Edited by Brasseurfb16_ESO on June 24, 2014 11:52AM
  • GreasedLizard
    GreasedLizard
    ✭✭✭
    @ZoS said all abilities are additive. So it is a coding mistake.

Hemorrhage should be 160% not the current 155%

Mundus supposed to be fixed in next big update. Will see if same calculation holds true.
  • Brasseurfb16_ESO
    Brasseurfb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZoS said all abilities are additive. So it is a coding mistake.

Hemorrhage should be 160% not the current 155%

Mundus supposed to be fixed in next big update. Will see if same calculation holds true.

In this case, it is indeed an issue with the code and the tooltip has to highlight the modification when the update goes live.

• jayburna688
    I would definitely like to know if this is being looked at and if it is true the numbers aren't reflecting the actual percentage noted.
  • Olysja
    Olysja
    ✭✭✭
    wow n1 upping a thread from june 2014. u won.
    Are you a perfect russian woman? add me-> @Olysja (✿☯‿☯✿)
    (EU)(EP) Olysja / Hortensius Capitolinus
    (EU)(DC) My Heart for Cuties
    (EU)(AD) City light painted girl