The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What am i doing wrong

Morvoldo
Morvoldo
✭✭
sorry i might have asked this before but got aload of L2P ***.

ok so i finally get to V3 i'm a Sorcerer :)(was told i could dungeon from there, thought yay no more questing) and join a dungon group to Fungelgrotto i cant do enough damage so i get blamed for low DPS(on last boss), To be Honest i dont know How to do high DPS in this bloody game as really unsure what to do i got my Spells right (i think) few dps and a CC, firestaff, resto staff CC with some dps/ heal.
it seems that i have to have that stupid bloody ORB (Magelight)to be able to do anything, i equip twilight gear set 5 gives 5% crit, also ahve that on a few armor spell pen and crit 30 magicka 15 HP 5 Stam are my points why arnt i doing any dmg and dying from 1 hit.
Please why is this me.

My first Mistake was telling the group (who i thought was ok) that i came from WOW for 7 years and new what stats and gear to get and this game was strange. riddicule starts as i get told to go back to it.
I left wow because it got to easy and too New player easy , those that played know what i mean.

why when i do kinda like this game but i really really DO NOT want to just quest until Level Veteran 12, or higher if more content comes out, as it is i cant do bloody Craglorn as thats level 12 above (plus nerfed for anomaly farming so thats a no go)

all i want is to be able to do a few dungons maby get some nice drops as need tempers but not enough gold to buy, as No-one sells anything decent its all crap gear with stats u dont want. i like spell/armor pen and crit on my gear.

is anyone else having this much trouble as as its going i might as well go back to WOW or Stwor or DCUO or any other MMO out there as this has problems beyond repair tbh.
was awsome 1-50 had loads of fun VR levels are Horrible

think i might leave and come back in a couple of months (dont want to tbh i like the 1-50)

sorry just needed to say this. please dont judge me :)
Edited by Morvoldo on June 22, 2014 9:26PM
  • Sapphy24
    Sapphy24
    ✭✭✭
    I'd never judge you, you are allowed your opinion and i'm allowed mine.
    I so agree with you.
    Yesterday I was leaving.. going to go back to Daoc as between the damn bank shuffle, dungeons that I can't do. and no way that I could see to get to Vet 12, this game was gone to me. BUT

Last night I went again into Craglorn, again "zone VET 1 needs to grind lfg" got a group. Sure I died and died and died but i'm now nearly vet4. So... it is possible, just pick your time as I couldn't get a group in my morning but I did at night.

I love pvp so now i'm not just cannon fodder, I can really hurt.. a bit anyway..lol, ok, so only in my dreams, but you get my drift.

I am an ex wow player too and an ex Rift player, ex Gw player, ex Gw2 player ex Swotor player, etc etc, and been told by Eso players to go back to other games cause I don't know what i'm doing. But damn it, i'm trying to learn a completely new way to play and just wanted to move on with high hopes for this game, but for a lot of them they have been dashed to bits by this game.

I love its scenery, its toons, and other things but I HATE with a vengeance the damn stupid bank shuffle, the dungeons I can't survive in, and the having to group to lvl at V1 as there isn't a place you can solo, that my bags are always filled with soo much food to make things, runes,cloths, ores, etc etc.
    Not being able to see what damage im doing and how to fix it.
    Having to get addon after addon cause thats the only way I can keep up with my understanding of the game.
    Enough of my rant.. but aware others have the same problems as you do and are as unhappy as you are.

Sending you a big hug and hope you try my suggestion, go back into Craglorn, ask for a grinding group and give it a go.
  • reggielee
    reggielee
    ✭✭✭✭
    ah man, sorry its starting to get on your nerves. dont know how they knew your dps but seems like they just were another elitist pug group which this game is starting to get full of. thanks addons! game is starting to be just another mmo dps meter

I already have made up my mind to skip vr levels and just start a new char in a new alliance and enjoy the 1-49 levels again. if you cant find a good guide to help you with your build and rotation then perhaps give that a try.

good luck
    Mama always said the fastest way to a man's heart is through his chest.
  • Sherrieg
    Sherrieg
    ✭✭
    <3 Also, a big hug - I just left a group trying Fungelgrotto, and they were very unkind. I was trying and I was underpowered but they didn't have to be rude. Some of this game is still a learning experience for me (I am a vet 2 through luck and a lot of dying). I am trying to get more weapon power, but it is a slow process and I am broke also due to repairing and buying soulstones. It is fun when you get into a group that works well together, and in the meantime I am going to do what I can and continue on. I almost quit at Malog Gal; and I'm glad I didn't. I will enjoy doing what I can and hopefully I will progress. - there - I am done venting!!! (for now, anyway)
  • Sherrieg
    Sherrieg
    ✭✭
    More venting comes to mind . . . . A lot of us play solo (either because we have no friends into games or by choice) and I find this kind of play requires a different build. That doesn't mean we don't enjoy a good dungeon once in a while and in fact some dungeons are required for skyshards. Hard core dungeon players need to be more kind and helpful!!
  • kaosodin
    kaosodin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Awsome, hope things get better
  • Morvoldo
    Morvoldo
    ✭✭
    thank you all,
    i've decided to try and work out these stats and play around with some rotations (again), "damn Magelight silly ball thing" is one lol mainly to see if more Crit will help my damage but also trying out some spells i kinda never use, i like the clanfear pet, endless fury,crystal fragments, are my fave and ones i use most but trying magelight and shattering prison out in my build, so far seems to be going well.

but most builds i have used dont work that well in the Vet areas and most are for 1-50, but none explain what to stat or what stack ie magicka,stam,health.
    but this softcap thing is one to work out as from what read anything over that and its a waste or something, strange really cause i always thought the more the better.
    you advise was much appreciated thank you

Always can finish leveling my nightblade and templar to 50 until WOD hehehehehe
  • drkeys143
    drkeys143
    ✭✭✭
    Don't know why people have to be so damn rude, I'm not exactly a brilliant player, but I enjoy what I do, and I like to help out others whenever I can, so I'm sorry for your bad experience in group.

I have had people moan at me when I thought I was doing ok and contributing something worthwhile, but I have also had occasions when I thought I was absolute PANTS, and had people thank me at the end, so not everyone you come across has this elitist mentality thank goodness.

At the end of the day, it's a game, not life or death :) And I guess most aren't like that in RL, reminds me of how much some of us change when we get behind the wheel of a car :)

• Skjlvald
    Skjlvald
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I haven't done a single dungeon because of the elitist mentality of people. I don't intend to do any either, nor the trials in craglorn. I'll just do all the solo content I can.... and im good with that.
    Ulyn Andrano

VR3 Dark Elf Dragonknight

Ebonheart Pact
  • Sherrieg
    Sherrieg
    ✭✭

Skjlvald wrote: »
    Yeah, I haven't done a single dungeon because of the elitist mentality of people. I don't intend to do any either, nor the trials in craglorn. I'll just do all the solo content I can.... and im good with that.

It would be nice if those of us who enjoy playing solo could connect to help each other when we need a little help. :)
  • BrierTOG
    BrierTOG
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest some people only use skills that are overpowered till they get changed, because they are overpowered and try to find the next one. If you don't use those skills you are an idiot, at least that is how some people seem to act.

I love playing my own way, but it might mean that you end up at some point not being able to progress with your character. I ran into that a few times. Not realy sure where to go with my templar right now. But i still have other characters i can play with.

Try to find a nice guild, perhaps people can help you out with dungeons that way. Good luck in your travels.
  • drkeys143
    drkeys143
    ✭✭✭
    Sherrieg wrote: »

It would be nice if those of us who enjoy playing solo could connect to help each other when we need a little help. :)

You can count me in on that one :D
  • Sherrieg
    Sherrieg
    ✭✭
    I suppose we could start a guild - that might work!
  • drkeys143
    drkeys143
    ✭✭✭
    Well let me know if you do!
  • rrb167b14_ESO
    rrb167b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Besides the 4 Trading Guilds, I'm in a small guild (less than 30 people) -- most of them have at least one 'Toon in the Veteran ranks -- guys and gals that are always willing to help with everything from crafting to quests to dungeon runs.

I know this is an MMO but I, too, spend most of my time soloing. I love the crafting system in ESO -- I've pretty much memorized the starter areas for each faction and I farm the hell out of them ... brainless fun LOL .. I love Treasure Chests -- great way to get crafters leveled up using the weapons and armor in those chest while eventually gaining almost all the traits. I enjoy making items for sale in Guild Stores -- and running through containers (wardrobes, nightstands, backpacks, etc.) in the game for interesting items ... I've gotten all my Racial Motifs for the playable races that way (though the ultra-rare Imperial Motif still eludes me) --and sold more than 50 motifs (500-800 gold each) in the Guild Stores.

I also like questing and just exploring ... hitting some of the dungeons for skyshards (usually at a few levels higher than designed for if I solo, but I may group on rare occasions).

I am in NO hurry. I can't help but chuckle at those players whose focus is strictly on "beating the game" ... not caring about lore, story line, etc. ... just getting to top level. That ain't me.
  • Sherrieg
    Sherrieg
    ✭✭
    This sounds like the way I like to play - can you share the name of the small guild - are they taking more members? Or do they want to stay small?
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Morvoldo‌, What are you doing wrong? The short answer is 'Nothing!'

Per @rrb167b14_ESO‌: Small guilds, Aye. If your friends/guild/group doesn't help you, then they're nothing more than a bunch o' people...(Last I checked, Tamriel was filled with a bunch o' (other) people...)

Did you make it through to the end? If so, then it was enough.

It's fairly hard for one individual to mess up so bad (I'm not saying you did, by any means!) that three other 'experienced' players can't compensate for it. If they're spending that much time looking at your numbers, they're likely not paying attention where they should be!

Either way, whatever it was, it likely wasn't just you.

And you came from a different background... Guess what, they had never played ESO until they played ESO either...

Here's the jewel to take away from this:

A good group, a good guild will help you. They will help your build, your playstyle, your method/strategy for a particular situation (and it will change).

They won't just look at you and say "You're doing it wrong."

You don't make it to VR by 'doing it wrong.'

The main thing you will notice about such a group is that you won't be so worried about your DPS, your heals, your armor...

You'll be too busy enjoying yourself and the company you keep.

Please don't bail on a great game with great players because you had one bout with some ***'s.

Play your character. Play your character well. Play your character the best you can.

Most of all, enjoy it... it's not about who 'wins.' You pay the sub for you, right? Not for anyone else's benefit.
    Sherrieg wrote: »
    Skjlvald wrote: »

@Skjlvald‌, @Sherrieg‌, @Morvoldo‌, don't miss out on great content because of how some people choose to be. Find the good ones - we're out there! Everyone's got something to offer. Don't let anyone convince you otherwise!

Send me a message, if you like, and I'll happily connect you to people that want to play because they love to play... We still take it seriously, but in the best kind of way! (We spent 20 minutes the other night debating a quest decision, as one example.)
    I am in NO hurry. I can't help but chuckle at those players whose focus is strictly on "beating the game" ... not caring about lore, story line, etc. ... just getting to top level. That ain't me.

@rrb167b14_ESO‌, you mean the ones missing the point entirely? ;)
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS