The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

This game has impressed me ...until VR1

Zoltar
Zoltar
This game has impressed me until I get to Rank1...
But now... it seems that everything has become a "work" and not a game.
The drop rate has been totally nerfed and Sorceres (for example), loot only heavy armor and stamina items, or useless weapons, the same goes for the quest rewards. This from beginning. The other classes, loot only light armor with magika, or items they don't really need?
And where I should find the right armor? With this ridiculous Drop rate and Guild stores with just a few items for sale? And the "life steal" craft system?! And the motif books especially from 11 to 14 totally disappeared. How should we do to craft in that style? We have to pay 30-80k for a book probably on sale from a botter?
Personally I think there are still too many things to fix and balance almost everywhere ...and especially kick the bots that invade the game.
Also the game interface is deficient in many aspects, for example Is impossible compare any looted Item with the character attributes! Because of ...Only one panel at same time! Why?

I understand that You have to gain profit from a game like this, well, Infact, I pay.
Ok that the game is new and U have to work more on it, but at actual state, I'm sorry, I prefer to wait to pay more months and I think I'm freezing soon!

This is not what I expect from a Pay for Play MMO

Regards
Edited by Zoltar on June 20, 2014 10:22AM
  • ebondeath
    ebondeath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The loot drops off of mobs (not quest rewards) are determined by RNG (random number generator). Sometimes you get what you're looking for, sometimes you don't. It's completely random. The system is not purposefully acting against you. This is not unique to this game.

As for getting light armor outside of drops, there are always people in chat selling dropped set pieces, crafting (I dont know what you mean by "life steal" crafting, it really doesnt take up much of your time aside from research, which is more of a click and go play while you wait for it kind of thing) is really useful and if you deconstruct and gather mats you should have mats to make gear every couple of levels, or you could pay somebody in zone chat or ask in guild for someone to craft you a set of gear.

As for motifs, they are a luxury/vanity item and not necessary for crafting. If you really want those styles, be prepared to pay (Ive seen daedric and ancient elf going for between 25-40k) or wait until VR6 and higher zones to farm for them.
    ╔═════════════⌈Alannah Corvaine⌋══════════════╗
    Rise, rise! To freedom, rise! Arise, ye Breton sons and daughters.
    Ride, ride! To freedom, ride! Truth and glory to the brave!
    ╚═════════════⌊VR 12 Breton NB⌉══════════════╝
  • Zoltar
    Zoltar
    You said? ...I still find useless items almost everywhere (chat, Guild store, and drop rewards too) but maybe i'm just unlucky or I'm Not good to search in the few items listed in guild stores. And the game really work against me! But U are right, Book Are just vanity item, totally agree. Anyway, maybe I was talking too bad to complain about this game! But why don't You talk about , the interface, the bugs, the bots, and the other things that did not work in this game? Like I said ...I think there are still too many things to fix and balance almost everywhere! I'm sorry, like I said above, I prefer to wait to pay more months and I still think I'm freezing soon!

...Or maybe, this game, just tired me sooner than expected.
  • Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VR zones are garbage, only doable by one spec, stick and skirts.
  • ebondeath
    ebondeath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The interface doesn't bother me, I like it.
    I've barely seen any bots in the last few weeks.
    I've only run into one game-breaking bug so far and it was fixed a week later. Sure, there are probably more out here, but they havent been numerous or severe enough to ruin my gaming experience.

As for vet zones, Ive made it to VR7 as a DW, medium armor NB and I feel no need to don a dress or wave a stick. It can be challenging and things do need tweaking, but it IS possible.

Anyway, OP, I'm not trying to say that it's bad to complain about the things you don't like about the game, but maybe it's possible to let the things that you do like outweigh those. Or if that's not possible, take a break from the game and come back later to see if things have changed to your liking.
    ╔═════════════⌈Alannah Corvaine⌋══════════════╗
    Rise, rise! To freedom, rise! Arise, ye Breton sons and daughters.
    Ride, ride! To freedom, ride! Truth and glory to the brave!
    ╚═════════════⌊VR 12 Breton NB⌉══════════════╝
  • Zoltar
    Zoltar
    You're right!! ...of course, as I said, is what I will do!
  • Worstluck
    Worstluck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Veteran ranks have their issues, no doubt. I would say just take it slow, don't worry about levels, enjoy the stories and hope that they fix it soon. As far as motifs, if you look in the right places (think places in towns with lots containers) they are pretty easy to find. Daedric and Ancient Elf only drop in VR6+ though, so you will need to get there first.

Also, join an active veteran trading guild. The main trade guild I am in is only veteran players and there are usually 100-150 people online at all times. TONS of stuff in the guild store (low level stuff too, people level alts and what not).
    Worstluck - Breton Nightblade "Some of us refused to bow. We knew the old ways would lead us back to having a kingdom of our own."
    ―Madanach
    Elfluck - Dunmer Dragonknight "When I will walk the earth again, the Faithful among you shall receive your reward: to be set above all other mortals forever. As for the rest: the weak shall be winnowed: the timid shall be cast down: the mighty shall tremble at my feet and pray for pardon."
    ―Mehrunes Dagon
    Deadluck -Imperial Templar "Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour"
    ―Uriel Septim

Daggerfall Covenant