The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

DK DD 2h or DW and medium or heavy?

Sylito
Sylito
Soul Shriven
Hi so ehm, I just stated playing ESO and don't know so much about the game in particular. I made a DK which is in level 6 atm and is a high elf. What my question is if DK DD high elfs should use 2h or dw, or even use mage. Light, Medium or Heavy armour? Some information and thoughts would be nice!
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can use what you want. The easiest and most efficient way to play the DK is going Destro staff first bar, Resto Staff 2nd bar. For armor light. You Just burn through packs of mobs.

The highelf also synergize the racial bonus. I would recommend darkelf instead of highelf.(better passives for a DK)

If you wanna play a dualwield/2h type of DK, you can do that aswell. for pure damage go like 5x medium and 2xheavy.
    But to say, at the moment weapon based builds(stamina builds) are crap and you will struggle with it at some point.
  • Ninnghizhidda
    Ninnghizhidda
    ✭✭✭✭
    The obvious answer is: all the way light armour + staff (e.g. "Harry Potter"). Can work wonders with the DK class. On the other hand, "warriors" in Medium / Heavy armour and actually using their weapons (sure, 2-handers too), should be cool.

Like most other classes though, currently, such a setup kinda suck. Since it would focus on stamina etc. It isn't really bad early on, or even during the whole 1-50 level process. In VR content though...

In any case, you can still play a DK in that way, the class has quite strong abilities that would help even a grossly unbalanced "warrior-weapon-stamina" setup. My main is one and I do not regret it, had some really good time and fun with it. Until VR...
  • Sylito
    Sylito
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks!