The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So Craglorn coming Thursday/Friday this week?

• AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Looks like it...
  • Akhratos
    Akhratos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice for them for letting us now at first hand.
  • deathrament
    Hell ya!!!
  • Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Archaon wrote: »

Isn't it? Not that I ever expected anything more from ZoS. This is pretty much mmo business as usual.
    Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

╔═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
    "Hope can drown lost in thunderous sound."
    "Fear can claim what little faith remains."
    "Death will take those who fight alone."
    "But united we can break a fate once set in stone."

╚═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

NA // Ebonheart Pact // Leader of CORE Legion // Namira Beta Tester // VR11 NB
  • Catflinger
    Catflinger
    ✭✭✭

Welcome to the world of MMO public relations. Please get used to it.
  • jvargas150_ESO
    Thanks for posting this.
  • Akhratos
    Akhratos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Catflinger wrote: »

Get used?

Dont worry, I have had time to get used to it since 2001.

Trying to make it look like it has been this way always just show me how long you have been playing the genre.
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, if you stuck your heads outside General Flaming and looked into devs tracker, this has been discussed for a few days. i suppose they haven't given a date because they don't have one yet? What's the point of saying 'this thursday' if later on they have to postpone it for technical issues and have all the unique snowflakes go into a rage?
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Get used?

Trying to make it look like it has been this way always just show me how long you have been playing the genre.

Hmm IIRC Ultima's team gave quite a few surprises of their own, didn't they?
    Not to mention SOE after they acquired EQ
  • dmanlongb14_ESO
    I am so excited... I can't wait to NOT be able to play Craiglorn. I mean, i can play it once I get through the other 7 Vet levels in a month or Two.

I mean I only play 3 hours a night, 7 days a week - so part time job.

I hope to god, they made some veteran leveling adjustments.

• Catflinger
    Catflinger
    ✭✭✭

Get used?

Years. Look, they need to spread the word that cool new content is on the way. There's nothing wrong with that. We all knew that Craglorn was coming any time and with the bad press ESO has been getting because of the bots, etc., this is triply the right thing for them to do.

• mark.markandb16_ESO
    "I think any plan like that can be disrupted if something unforeseen happens. But right now we have the second update lined up and ready to go onto the PTS [Public Test Server] once we launch Craglorn, and that’s coming soon.

Erm...what I read is it's going onto the test server...not live???
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mutharex wrote: »
    Actually, if you stuck your heads outside General Flaming and looked into devs tracker, this has been discussed for a few days. i suppose they haven't given a date because they don't have one yet? What's the point of saying 'this thursday' if later on they have to postpone it for technical issues and have all the unique snowflakes go into a rage?
    If you can't commit to announcing a patch date one day before you intend to release it, then you're not ready to release it.

• mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I think any plan like that can be disrupted if something unforeseen happens. But right now we have the second update lined up and ready to go onto the PTS [Public Test Server] once we launch Craglorn, and that’s coming soon.

Erm...what I read is it's going onto the test server...not live???

No that's the NEXT patch after Craglorn
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can't commit to announcing a patch date one day before you intend to release it, then you're not ready to release it.

Do you know when that interview was actually made?
  • siuolly
    siuolly
    ✭✭✭

Dated May 21 2014
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    siuolly wrote: »

Dated May 21 2014

No, that's the publish time. They can have had this on monday as much as we know
  • Millitum
    Millitum
    ✭✭
    What bothers me about this expansion, is that ZOS has hidden content behind the dreaded 'elitist' wall of raiding. The developer openly states that the 12 person runs, will be for the elite of the players.

I've done my stint doing the 'elite' raids, WoW player since BETA and did those awful 4-6hour evenings of MC/BWL runs when the content was new. Progression was the most important thing, and looking back, that is a horrible way to play a game.

While, I understand that content must be challenging, and I thoroughly enjoy challenging content, this can only lead to a caste system within this game. Those that play like fiends, for endless hours and progress, and those with real world responsibilities who cannot dedicate hours on end to this game.

In turn, you'll have those few 'elite' guilds helicopter spinning their epeen, and degrading the game back into the wonderful world of Progress Players vs Casuals.

On a side note, the new 4 person dungeons looks completely viable, and I am strongly looking forward to them.
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Millitum‌ they had to throw a bone to raiders as well, that doesn't mean that outside of Trials the whole zone is for 12men raids.
    Nor the next patches
  • Opioid
    Opioid
    ✭✭✭
    Only the Trials are 12 player. The rest of the Craglorn zone is built around 4 player group content.
  • Millitum
    Millitum
    ✭✭
    @mutharex‌ understandable, of course. And while I respect the right to have those raiders and their content, it's the inevitable cultural backlash that happens in all MMO's.

I'm excited for the content, what I am not excited about is the kind of people it will bring into the game.
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Millitum wrote: »
    @mutharex‌ understandable, of course. And while I respect the right to have those raiders and their content, it's the inevitable cultural backlash that happens in all MMO's.

I'm excited for the content, what I am not excited about is the kind of people it will bring into the game.

Oh I do agree with you, I haven't raided in 8 years and I don't miss it a bit (nor the kind of people you allude to)
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lol, I know right. @ZOS I should have learned it from you. Instead I had to hear from someone else, on my phone. (The worst part even is I'm one of their testers :P)

Not that I'm surprised it's coming this week. I had enough clues, even made the call elsewhere on the forums.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love that people are still finding something to complain about.
    ----
    Murray?
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    lol, I know right. @ZOS I should have learned it from you. Instead I had to hear from someone else, on my phone. (The worst part even is I'm one of their testers :P)

Not that I'm surprised it's coming this week. I had enough clues, even made the call elsewhere on the forums.

Good clue was the absence of maintenance, for me at least
  • Leijona
    Leijona
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I don't think that the trials will only be for the elite players. Of course, a bunch of more casual playing gamers will need more time and tries to do master it. But finally they will be able to do so as well. In other MMOs there are also those guilds who finished the raids before others even passed the first boss and this will be the same here. But I think, that moderate players will be able to finish them as well.

We can still hope, that with the second update there will be content for the solo gamers as well (beside the new veteran dungeon) or even non-combat content (what I would hope for).
  • Akhratos
    Akhratos
    ✭✭✭✭

Get used?

Years. Look, they need to spread the word that cool new content is on the way. There's nothing wrong with that. We all knew that Craglorn was coming any time and with the bad press ESO has been getting because of the bots, etc., this is triply the right thing for them to do.

I get the point, theres no need for further foolproof explanation about why they do it. I think we all get the whole idea behind it. Its the judgement we both make about the fact where we disagree.

Get used?

Ultima was one of the first I remember coming with content out of the pocket, and SOE (good example..) made it too with EQ after they acquired, but it was not always this way with both of these same games.

For example, Ive never had a Lineage2 chronicle being anounced in the media before the official channels, at least not in the way of not even talking about "coming in [insert timeframe]" in the forums (thing they have avoided to do) when its supposed to be few days before release. If they want to give them an exclusive info they should have given them a date, then release the info out for everybody once IGN published it.

How is it they have given them info but they arent publishing it officialy right after IGN did it already? This post could fall to Oblivion yet people who doesnt read IGN but are paying customers would have not a single clue about when its coming.

Being all about marketing I dont see wheres the good about.
    Edited by Akhratos on May 21, 2014 4:26PM
  • wOOOOt_of_SD
    wOOOOt_of_SD
    ✭✭✭
    Have we seen any official Zenimax confirmation on this?
  • Blackwidow
    Blackwidow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Let's do the math.

ZOS promised us new content every 4 to 6 weeks.

We are in our 7th week, so obviously not enough time has gone by to give us new content.

You might think to yourself, but 7 weeks in longer than 4 to 6 weeks, right?

Oh, silly. ZOS was talking in Developer weeks. They are like dog years, but longer....
  • ShadowWolf613
    ShadowWolf613
    ✭✭✭

Get used?

I get the point, theres no need for further foolproof explanation about why they do it. I think we all get the whole idea behind it. Its the judgement we both make about the fact where we disagree.

Get used?

Ultima was one of the first I remember coming with content out of the pocket, and SOE (good example..) made it too with EQ after they acquired, but it was not always this way with both of these same games.

For example, Ive never had a Lineage2 chronicle being anounced in the media before the official channels, at least not in the way of not even talking about "coming in [insert timeframe]" in the forums (thing they have avoided to do) when its supposed to be few days before release. If they want to give them an exclusive info they should have given them a date, then release the info out for everybody once IGN published it.

How is it they have given them info but they arent publishing it officialy right after IGN did it already? This post could fall to Oblivion yet people who doesnt read IGN but are paying customers would have not a single clue about when its coming.

Being all about marketing I dont see wheres the good about.

maybe Zenimax knows their forums suck. So they announce it everywhere but here. :P