The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Could ya vague that up for us?

Islyn
Islyn
✭✭✭✭✭
The North American megaserver will be unavailable while we perform scheduled maintenance. The operation will start at 8:00 am EDT.

Why is there never even a ballpark timeframe or anything?

Or did I miss it somewhere else?
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What? Yeah I am sorry but i do not see how *No more than a few hours* is not completely vague.

I would like the notices to say something.

I am in the minority but my days off are in the week - right on the maintenance days. Right during the maintenance times.

So it would just be nice if there was more info than the standard message.

If not; why even bother posting a server down message at all? Since that too is on the link you posted (and of course that I have already read!!).

Why not just message *across the top of forums* when server is offline and one when it is on, like in beta, rather than posting a message that says nothing.
    Edited by Islyn on May 15, 2014 1:14PM
  • Orizuru
    Orizuru
    ✭✭✭
    The chatter from people complaining about down-time without an ETA is nothing compared to the screams from people upset when maintenance isn't completed by the "deadline".

Either way, it's kind of silly to complain. Yeah, it sucks not being able to play when the game is down, but if they didn't take the game down periodically then nobody would be able to play.
  • SuperJChat
    SuperJChat
    ✭✭✭
    I understand its annoying to not be able to play when you are free cause of downtime, but (for me) if i came home and found the servers were down, id just jump on something else.

I also understand wanting to know when its back up so you can get in all your hours and such.

My first post was informing you that these are scheduled, so you can expect servers to be down at these times and plan your day accordingly ;P
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know that already so thanks :-) and *I am not complaining* I am stating a fact. I am also asking a question.
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And for *me* it sucks because my kids and husband will be home as ever: Right when servers go up and want stuff from me. lol.
  • teox76
    teox76
    Soul Shriven
    Sorry but I do not see the meaning of this thread. Maintenance days are specified in a post. Once the maintenance is over, another post notifies about that. Of course, the duration of the maintenance can't be known in advance precisely at the minute, hence the "few hours" timeframe. Also because, if they were to provide some precise timeframe, and then for some reason not being able to respect that, do you imagine the amount of whines ? But it seems that any thing they do, they will get their share of complaints anyway...
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see why they post a *The servers will be down today* thread with nothing in it when we ALREADY KNOW THAT (Still not complaining, have not complained. Please try and comprehend what you read before you comment??). If they post a message would be nice if it had ANY worthwhile info in it or what is the point?

Why not just the red sitewide banner they used to use? ffs.
    Edited by Islyn on May 15, 2014 2:02PM