The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

"Error 303, Connection to the server has timed out." constantly since the 1.0.8 patch.

ben.g.schaefercub18_ESO
I've been getting this error continuously since the patch yesterday (on NA) when trying to login to more or less all of my characters. I login without issue every time, I click the specific character and hit enter, the loading screen comes up, the little ESO icon in the bottom-right starts spinning but then stops spinning (apparently frozen; if you click on the ESO window while it's not spinning, ESO stops responding), and then it either starts spinning again and loads the character almost immediately (5% of the time, tops), or I get the error in the subject line as I get kicked back to the initial login screen. Up until this patch, the spinning ESO icon freezing up during the load screen has been a normal occurrence and didn't seem to impact anything, however.

Can someone from ZOS confirm if this is a known issue, as I've tried everything short of re-installing Windows (not going to happen) so I believe I can safely assume that this is an issue somewhere server-side or in between. Let me know if you want a DXDIAG, TRACERT logs, or any troubleshooting info from my side. This is seriously impacting my ability to log in, let alone play, and I would like a solution (a workaround would be just fine as well) ASAP.

About to try logging in through a VPN connection to see if it makes a difference, but since Early Access, I've had very few issues with lag or overall latency, so I doubt this will make any difference either.
We have contacted our Customer support team to help you solve your issue.
  • ben.g.schaefercub18_ESO
    No difference with two different VPN services "locating" me on the East Coast.
  • ben.g.schaefercub18_ESO
    The other error that comes up ~25% of the time when failing to connect after selecting a character and pressing the Play button is this - "An error has occurred. Please wait a few minutes and log in again."

Anything to help me out with this would be appreciated, seeing as how it would (speaking probabilistically) have been fixed by any number of the 15+ troubleshooting steps I've knocked out if the problem was on my end.
  • csparks1
    csparks1
    ✭✭✭
    This is happening to me only on my main two characters - when I log into the others it works fine - then i think it's fixed and try to log in on my main character and get "an error has occurred. Please wait a few minutes and try again."
    - Same thing for me - sometimes I get the 303 error, but the rest of the time it is that generic "an error has occurred. Please wait a few minutes and try again." Only happened since the patch. I can even be playing for a while - want to change toons to pull stuff out of the bank - and then this happens again. After that I might as well give up it wont let me back into the game on the toon I want to play This is a serious problem for me as I cant play the game!
    -