Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

White scenery/not loading in background objects

Sayura
Sayura
✭✭✭
I'm trying not load ESO on a sort of *** old laptop to use for a week while traveling. When I load in, the background objects (ground, buildings, trees, etc.) are white. I can see people and mobs but that's pretty much it. I've turned down my settings to low and min. view distance. Anyone have any other advice? Thank you.
  • Loxy37
    Loxy37
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a incompatible GFX chip with not enough memory. Could you please post the specs or a link to the specs.
  • D34thly
    D34thly
    ✭✭
    hmm thats interesting. I've had nothing like this happen. Only thing similar was clear ground textures, but a repair fixed that. It sounds like textures are not loading . What kind of laptop are you using? Perhaps editing the usersettings and set your
    SET GraphicsDriver.7 to D3D9 if it hasn't already been set that way. If your laptop is using nvidia or amd gpu make sure nothing is forced via drivers.
    Blacklist DC NA
    Iron Lotus DC NA
  • Sayura
    Sayura
    ✭✭✭
    It's a win 7 64bit
    Core 2 duo P8800 2.66ghz
    4gb RAM
    Radeon HD 4670

• Sayura
    Sayura
    ✭✭✭
    D34thly wrote: »
    hmm thats interesting. I've had nothing like this happen. Only thing similar was clear ground textures, but a repair fixed that. It sounds like textures are not loading . What kind of laptop are you using? Perhaps editing the usersettings and set your
    SET GraphicsDriver.7 to D3D9 if it hasn't already been set that way. If your laptop is using nvidia or amd gpu make sure nothing is forced via drivers.

Do you know where the user settings is in ESO folder? Thank you.

• D34thly
    D34thly
    ✭✭
    Yes its in my documents folder under Elder Scrolls Online /live/ or /liveeu/
    as you said you have a 4670 make sure nothing is forced via catalyst control panel.
    Edited by D34thly on May 8, 2014 4:34PM
    Blacklist DC NA
    Iron Lotus DC NA
  • Sayura
    Sayura
    ✭✭✭
    D34thly wrote: »
    Yes its in my documents folder under Elder Scrolls Online /live/ or /liveeu/
    as you said you have a 4670 make sure nothing is forced via catalyst control panel.

D3D9 was already set. I check Catalyst but I don't see anything forced there. Let me know if you have any other ideas and thank you!
  • D34thly
    D34thly
    ✭✭
    I'm really not sure what else you can do besides reinstall drivers and hope for the best. You have tried repairing the game client yes?
    Blacklist DC NA
    Iron Lotus DC NA