The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I did pvp today...

neocomab16_ESO
neocomab16_ESO
✭✭✭
and left after 5 mins.

First off, scouting alessia mine for quest, getting ganked by 2 yellows, shadow cloak doesnt work thanks to EU server in US located I got speared right out of it. I died, respawn, stealthed, noticed I am slower. Oh yeah, right. Vamp passives dont work after you died.

Anyway, back to alessia, joining a zerg on that bridge, going upstairs, trying to fend off the dudes rushing us. Suddenly I notice how 3 Sword n Board people bash me down. Felt familiar. Oh yeah the gank squad from before also ran S&B bash setup.

/camp.

End of story.

Pvp - really fun. Totally.
  • Zordrage
    Zordrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait til you meet the Vamperor players those that ALONE solo your 30 man group while they barely loose any healt.......

welcome in the most broken PvP in the history of MMO gaming.......
  • codyyoungnub18_ESO
    Wanna-be-pvpers motto "Its only fun if all the skills do the exact same thing but have different graphics. It's fair that way, oh and free purplez please".
  • Zordrage
    Zordrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wanna-be-pvpers motto "Its only fun if all the skills do the exact same thing but have different graphics. It's fair that way, oh and free purplez please".

WoW is doing that

PvP is still broken XD
  • reignfyre
    reignfyre
    ✭✭✭
    I, did pvp today
    To see if I still feel
    I focus on the pain
    The only thing that's real
    The needle tears a hole
    The old familiar sting
    Try to kill it all away
    But I remember everything

What have I become?
    My sweetest friend
    Everyone I know
    Goes away in the end
    You could have it all
    My empire of dirt
    I will let you down
    I will make you hurt

I wear this crown of ***
    Upon my liar's chair
    Full of broken thoughts
    I cannot repair
    Beneath the stains of time
    The feelings disappear
    You are someone else
    I am still right here

What have I become?
    My sweetest friend
    Everyone I know
    Goes away in the end

You could have it all
    My empire of dirt
    I will let you down
    I will make you hurt
    If I could start again
    A million miles away
    I would keep myself
    I would find a way

Edited by reignfyre on April 30, 2014 10:36PM
  • Oblongship
    Oblongship
    ✭✭✭✭
    reignfyre wrote: »
    I, did pvp today
    To see if I still feel
    I focus on the pain
    The needle tears a hole
    The old familiar sting
    Try to kill it all away

What have I become?
    My sweetest friend
    Everyone I know
    Goes away in the end
    You could have it all
    My empire of dirt
    I will let you down
    I will make you hurt

I wear this crown of ***
    Upon my liar's chair
    Full of broken thoughts
    I cannot repair
    The feelings disappear
    You are someone else
    I am still right here

What have I become?
    My sweetest friend
    Everyone I know
    Goes away in the end

You could have it all
    My empire of dirt
    I will let you down
    I will make you hurt
    If I could start again
    A million miles away
    I would keep myself
    I would find a way

ummmmmm k?
  • Sariias
    Sariias
    ✭✭✭
    Are you the kind of person who goes to get fast food and they get your order wrong, and you swear never to go there again?
  • MustyBritches
    I only have one response to this post!!!

NiN or Cash?

:)
    reignfyre wrote: »
    I, did pvp today
    To see if I still feel
    I focus on the pain
    The needle tears a hole
    The old familiar sting
    Try to kill it all away

What have I become?
    My sweetest friend
    Everyone I know
    Goes away in the end
    You could have it all
    My empire of dirt
    I will let you down
    I will make you hurt

I wear this crown of ***
    Upon my liar's chair
    Full of broken thoughts
    I cannot repair
    The feelings disappear
    You are someone else
    I am still right here

What have I become?
    My sweetest friend
    Everyone I know
    Goes away in the end

You could have it all
    My empire of dirt
    I will let you down
    I will make you hurt
    If I could start again
    A million miles away
    I would keep myself
    I would find a way

• dahl.lucas_ESO
    Well op. You should never pvp again then. Clearly, you are not good at it. But that's ok, can't be super leet at pve AND pvp. We all have things we are not so good at. Me, for example, not so good with flight simulators.
  • madterryk
    madterryk
    I did pvp-
    I saw the screen oh so pretty when it changed from colors to black and white, I didn't feel the ground when it met my eyes,
    In rapturous hope and joy I sang "I flied? I flied?"
    And crabby cranky guildy said "No you falled,
    With chained bolt in your chest,
    And great black scorch marks about your head."

After that fail attempt at song writing/plagery I woke up at the shrine to do it again.
  • Azurand
    Azurand
    I think saying 'pvp sucks because I wasn't good at it the instant I started' is like deciding to learn a new language and then stopping because it isnt in English.

It's different to pve and harder because you need to play in a way you might not be used to. Yes you will die that's the whole point, if nobody died in pvp there would be no point, what you need to do is make your death archive something that helps your alliance.
  • doug_martin05b14_ESO

NiN or Cash?

Johnny Cash; Trent wrote the song, but Cash really made it his own when you consider his life, when he wrote it, and watching the video. I happen to like both versions, but I prefer Cash as it's just a perfect fit for an old man looking back on the life he lived, and what he went through (and he had just lost his wife, and died shortly after).

As for the OP, I wouldn't blame somebody for having a hard time liking PvP atm with all the imbalance there (and it is pretty bad in a few spots), but hopefully it can get better. The bashing, "interrupting" animations, mist form and low bat swarm cost spam, large variances in mobility to name the popular ones is just going to turn people off from PvP. Might end having to add continuous VR grind if it goes that way, as I won't want to keep taking a break from PvP to grind quests in order to stay on even ground. The game is new, and the choice to sub or not is coming up - put up with it or wait it out til they make some changes that would bring you back to the table.
  • Hodorius
    Hodorius
    ✭✭✭
    @reignfyre‌
    now i have to wake up my neighbors... thank you ;)
  • beravinprb19_ESO
    beravinprb19_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    While I do agree that the OP gave up on PvP a little too quickly, lets not pretend that its in a good place at the moment. Between balance, quality of life, rewards and population issues, I can see why people would choose to stay away from it. It has a lot of problems...
    Edited by beravinprb19_ESO on May 1, 2014 8:10AM
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Omg you got killed in pvp? Thats unacceptable!
  • neocomab16_ESO
    neocomab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Uhh responses! Exciting! Now I see there are at least two kinds of responders in this thread: 1. elite pro pvpers or simply people who go with the flow and stick to the FOTM vamp/bat/aoe/lightarmor/destru staff/low magicka/low ult cost thing. The second kind is a somewhat more reasonable crowd I assume.

Anyway, wasnt my first time pvp. Was my last in ESO though. The fact that some call WoW pvp broken compared to ESO is ridiculous. Also the fact that some people seem to be happy with its current state. Although, IF I were to vamp bat every *** noob crowd within 15 yards I would enjoy it, too. Yet, only for 5 more minutes because in the end it is pretty boring. Might be correlated to the fact that the whole system is imbalanced and lag is terrible plus bugs. You know, stuff like not being able to combat at all....or things like magicka skill always > stamina skills (although I still believe furry is really good, if the netcode is working in your favor that is), thus AoE > single target, or spammy teleports ...or clotharmor with is basically the best armor line in the whole game for pvp because you get crit for the most powerful abilities in the game cuz magicka based and physical dmg is laughable. Unless you are a basher ....but in this case you can still dodge roll out of claws and teleport away like 500 feet away. I mean, seriously, whoever is serious about pvp in this game will play a sorc anyways so it is fair to assume they have teleport :)

But hey, the pvp is based around big zergfests so it is all okay ...also the fact that batswarm/mist combo gets countered by 360 stamina cost plus 5% chance on big hit is totally balanced. Whole game is balanced in this way. I mean, everyone is either a vampire or a sorc. Those who arent arent seriously pvping either. And a real pvper doesnt "whine" about bugs. He deals with them like a man. By not depending on stuff like DETECTED! or quick sneaking ...he simply teleports :)

I guess I just picked the wrong class ... and the wrong armor set ...and the wrong weapon skill lines ...stupid me :(
    Edited by neocomab16_ESO on May 1, 2014 9:12PM
  • Sariias
    Sariias
    ✭✭✭
    So even if Venimax fixes the issues with vampires and sorc roflport and make it fair, you're never going back?

Why even bother to explain yourself then?

Why not just move on?

I'm neither a sorc nor a vamp, and I continue to keep trying, because I meet more than sorcs and vamps in Cyrodiil. I still have fun most of the time.
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So even if Venimax fixes the issues with vampires and sorc roflport and make it fair, you're never going back?

The OP is a vamp.
    Trololol.

• ChairGraveyard
    ChairGraveyard
    ✭✭✭✭
    VR instakill is my reason for avoiding it.

Can have 10 people beating on them, VR player takes MAYBE 5% damage, then instakills everyone.
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and left after 5 mins.

First off, scouting alessia mine for quest, getting ganked by 2 yellows, shadow cloak doesnt work thanks to EU server in US located I got speared right out of it. I died, respawn, stealthed, noticed I am slower. Oh yeah, right. Vamp passives dont work after you died.

Anyway, back to alessia, joining a zerg on that bridge, going upstairs, trying to fend off the dudes rushing us. Suddenly I notice how 3 Sword n Board people bash me down. Felt familiar. Oh yeah the gank squad from before also ran S&B bash setup.

/camp.

End of story.

Pvp - really fun. Totally.

LOL ;) Once you understand and accept that you will die, you can begin to figure out how to die less. Once you do that you can start trying to kill people.

Hang in there PvP will challenge you.
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can have 10 people beating on them, VR player takes MAYBE 5% damage, then instakills everyone.

Either you are mistaking vamp DKs with veterans (all of them) or you are playing a different game.

• ChairGraveyard
    ChairGraveyard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gisgo wrote: »

Either you are mistaking vamp DKs with veterans (all of them) or you are playing a different game.

Yeah, no.

VRs vs. non-VR is instakill every time, and the non-VRs barely make a dent, even when there are a dozen or more all focusing one person.
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys totally forgot Chow does that song as well in Hangover 3 :open_mouth:
  • Cydone
    Cydone
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah, no.

VRs vs. non-VR is instakill every time, and the non-VRs barely make a dent, even when there are a dozen or more all focusing one person.

When I was vr3, I took on a lvl 38 and a lvl 42. I killed the 38 but got taken out by the 42. And it was in no way an instant kill on the 38. Like @Gisgo said, you are probably confusing VR players for a vamp or a VR10 with legendary gear....OR something LIKE that.
  • Kronosphere
    Kronosphere
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only thing that sucks is in every tes or medievil style game i ALWAYS go shield sword, its by far my fave thing. and now it just seems like im gonna be doing it cuz everyone else is and FOTM. i wanna be a hipster
    ~House Indoril~
    Submit to the three, the spirits and thy lords.

• Zargorius
    Zargorius
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah, no.

Focusing with what, wet noodles? No problems here in taking down VR with a duo of lvl 30s so dunno what you're talking about. Sometimes you win, sometimes you loose, L2P.
    Honor is a dead man's code.
  • rhubbert_ESO
    rhubbert_ESO
    ✭✭✭

NiN or Cash?

He was quoting NiN. I know because he wrote crown of **** whereas Johnny changed the lyrics to crown of thorns.
    Iris Umbra// Stamina Nightblade // Aldmeri Dominion