The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Horker Meat, does it exist?

Chaice
Chaice
Soul Shriven
Horker Meat, does it exist? if so, where?
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Possibly on a horker?
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • Chaice
    Chaice
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you for your thoughtful reply.
    I will say that it might be found on animals sharing the name, however I have been unable to locate any animals that share that name or provide that ingredient. Therefore, I am unable to confirm this theory.
    I was hoping someone would be able to assist me in my hunt for this allusive walrus, perhaps by sharing the location (I will be happy with a zone) of said animals.
  • chaosdreamer13b14_ESO
    chaosdreamer13b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Like all provision ingredients horker meat is found in crates and sacks. I found all mine in the Rivenspire zone (DC alliance) lvl 25ish zone
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Horkers are Walrus critters in Skyrim and Morrowind. I haven't seen any though with the EH characters I built who are still on Bleakrock.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • Opioid
    Opioid
    ✭✭✭
    I have found horker meat randomly in bags, crates, etc. As to exactly where I found it, I have no idea. Maybe somewhere in Eastmarch? I honestly wasn't paying attention to where, just noticed that I got some at some point.
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm making tons of Gold selling Horker meat because people didn't know where to find it! You've ruined it! NOoooooooooooooo!
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Horkers are a creature in the Skyrim region. In this game, I imagine they would be in the Ebonheart Pact regions of the Rift and Eastmarch (both holds in Skyrim). From my experience hunting animal parts like Mutton Chops and Bear Flanks, I can tell you that the animal may drop the part, but it will be easier to find in barrels, crates, sacks, etc. (anywhere other Provis ingredients are found). As Horker is an EP creature, I assume the recipe you want it for is an EP recipe. If you are not EP, that is probably why you're struggling to find this ingredient.

Options are as follows (listed in order of time spent):

Give up on the recipe and find a variant in your faction.

Join a guild with members in the EP faction and ask for someone to sell/trade some with you. Less direct way: Hope someone dumps them in the guild bank when you happen to be on.

Roll an EP alt and find the ingredients in the appropriate zones.

Wait until you hit VR levels and travel to EP lands. Depending on your actual faction this could be awhile. AD goes to Pact lands in the VR1-5 range. DC would not get there until VR 5-10.
  • Chaice
    Chaice
    Soul Shriven
    Is it just me or do other chefs find it a little backwards... I am unable to cook fish and I cannot harvest a dead animal for meat. Hopefully, that will come in a future patch.
    Thanks for the info, back to ransacking people's belongings for recipe ingredients.