The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

If you want vamps to be OP, fine..but I want my FIGHTER GUILD skills BUFFED ZoS

c0rp
c0rp
✭✭✭✭✭
Silver bolts need to *** YOU UP if you are a vamp. The whole "checks and balances" thing doesnt work if one half of the equation isnt pulling its weight. Silver Bolts needs to be unblockable if you are vamp or wolf, and it needs to be effective vs mist form. Fighter guild skills need buffed in PVP.
Force weapon swap to have priority over EVERYTHING. Close enough.
Make stamina builds even with magicka builds.
Disable abilities while holding block.
Give us a REASON to do dungeons more than once.
Remove PVP AoE CAP. It is ruining Cyrodiil.
Fix/Remove Forward Camps. They are ruining Cyrodiil.
Impenetrability needs to REDUCE CRIT DAMAGE. Not negate entire builds.
Werewolf is not equal to Vamps/Bats.
  • RaZaddha
    RaZaddha
    ✭✭✭
    Make silver bolts stop all healing on vamps for 2 secs
    Edited by RaZaddha on April 30, 2014 5:22AM
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just dinged 10 on the fighter's guild line.
    Im ready for a buff!
  • MrEllis
    MrEllis
    Make them weak in sunlight.
  • Skylandra
    Skylandra
    ✭✭✭
    So I dinged 10 in Fighters guild a few days ago and tried out the Ultimate Dawnbreaker in PvP. It was the biggest anticlimax. Next respec I will take trap beast instead.
  • leewells
    leewells
    ✭✭✭
    c0rp wrote: »
    Silver bolts need to *** YOU UP if you are a vamp. The whole "checks and balances" thing doesnt work if one half of the equation isnt pulling its weight. Silver Bolts needs to be unblockable if you are vamp or wolf, and it needs to be effective vs mist form. Fighter guild skills need buffed in PVP.

I disagree with this subject entirely -- no one should have to train an entire guild up in pvp in order to be even "slightly" competitive. Vamp is the only line in the game that no one can challenge except those whom have heavily speced into FG and that's bs.
    Skylandra wrote: »
    So I dinged 10 in Fighters guild a few days ago and tried out the Ultimate Dawnbreaker in PvP. It was the biggest anticlimax. Next respec I will take trap beast instead.

Prepare for a new "most anticlimax" when you respec trap beast.
    Edited by leewells on April 30, 2014 11:12AM
  • awkwarrd
    awkwarrd
    ✭✭✭
    leewells wrote: »
    I disagree with this subject entirely -- no one should have to train an entire guild up in pvp in order to be even "slightly" competitive. Vamp is the only line in the game that no one can challenge except those whom have heavily speced into FG and that's bs.
    So a skill line that is given to you and easy to level up by just killing undead and daedra.
    As to the Vampire who either has to buy a bite or find an npc on a specific night that isn't camped by griefers.

I don't see the logic in that.
    That argument can go sideways, but lets look at your reasons..

Saying "no" to upgrading the Fighters Guild skills, just because.. you are using PVP to train your skills?
    If that's your reason then you can say no to alot of stuff if you use PVP as your excuse.. there are so many missing elements in Cyradiil that it has become a joke to even use it as an argument in any way when talking about character progression.

Being competitive means you have put in the effort to be there.
    Not because you hit level 10 and are ready to win.

If you can't put in the effort, then you probably can't even take the 5 seconds to put the skill on your bar, so why would anyone take your argument seriously?

A tweak to some of the Fighters Guild skills could be fun for people who want to play a Dawnguard in PVP.
    • 100% chance to snare for 40% for 2 seconds. (silver bolts -against vamp/ww)
    • 50% chance to remove batswarm and mistform silver bolts -against vamp/ww)
    You could work them into a morph or something idk.
    Edited by awkwarrd on April 30, 2014 12:41PM
  • leewells
    leewells
    ✭✭✭
    awkwarrd wrote: »
    So a skill line that is given to you and easy to level up by just killing undead and daedra.

I don't care how easy it is to spec, the fact of requiring people to spend points into it in order to compete in pvp is bs. No class or ability should force everyone else to spec a specific ability in order to remain competitive. If people had to spec vamp abilities in order to be competitive to fg abilities, you'd be barking a new tune.
    Saying "no" to upgrading the Fighters Guild skills, just because.. you are using PVP to train your skills?
    If that's your reason then you can say no to alot of stuff if you use PVP as your excuse.. there are so many missing elements in Cyradiil that it has become a joke to even use it as an argument in any way when talking about character progression.

I don't recall saying anything, in fact, my FG is max with max skill points spent -- but I feel as if I was pigeon held into training that just to combat vamps in pvp. There should be nothing in this game that forces a player to do that.
    Being competitive means you have put in the effort to be there.
    Not because you hit level 10 and are ready to win.

I'm VR5 almost 6, #14 globally on Bloodthorn (#3 for EP) -- I'd stop making assumptions if I were you. Secondly, I've put a lot of effort into my toon and I still call bs on requiring people to spec FG just to combat a single vamp in PVP.
    If you can't put in the effort, then you probably can't even take the 5 seconds to put the skill on your bar, so why would anyone take your argument seriously?

See above
    A tweak to some of the Fighters Guild skills could be fun for people who want to play a Dawnguard in PVP.
    • 100% chance to snare for 40% for 2 seconds. (silver bolts -against vamp/ww)
    • 50% chance to remove batswarm and mistform silver bolts -against vamp/ww)
    You could work them into a morph or something idk.

Maybe it would be fun, but it should nevertheless not be a requirement, and that is all that needs to be said.
  • realcaged_ESO
    realcaged_ESO
    ✭✭
    Hpw about Dawn Breaker working half the time and speed up the animation cast, it is not instant.
  • awkwarrd
    awkwarrd
    ✭✭✭
    I don't care how easy it is to spec, the fact of requiring people to spend points into it in order to compete in pvp is bs. No class or ability should force everyone else to spec a specific ability in order to remain competitive. If people had to spec vamp abilities in order to be competitive to fg abilities, you'd be barking a new tune.
    When fighting any undead.. and lots of the PVE world is about the undead..
    I think almost all the Dark Anchors are Undead, except the ones that summon atronarchs.
    Picking on the Vamps because the DK's are abusing broken abilities is futile, try to wrap yer head around broken skills before jumping to the "nerf stuff coz i qq".
    I don't recall saying anything, in fact, my FG is max with max skill points spent -- but I feel as if I was pigeon held into training that just to combat vamps in pvp. There should be nothing in this game that forces a player to do that.
    Here it is then:
    no one should have to train an entire guild up in pvp in order to be even "slightly" competitive
    ^^ better wording might be key here.

I'm VR5 almost 6, #14 globally on Bloodthorn (#3 for EP) -- I'd stop making assumptions if I were you. Secondly, I've put a lot of effort into my toon and I still call bs on requiring people to spec FG just to combat a single vamp in PVP.
    Or what? you will make more posts?
    I don't care, what level/rank you are, you failed to talk about the obvious and that is why i replied, you didn't state anything to give anyone a reason to think otherwise.

Saying as little as possible that could probably be best described as a rant, and then hoping we can read your mind to understand, what else could we do but assume, being that what you said was so general, people could assume you were low level because you didn;t have the skillpoints to invest...

Do you understand now?
    See above
    Indeed.
    Maybe it would be fun, but it should nevertheless not be a requirement, and that is all that needs to be said.
    I agree with you on that, and still i point out that the skills are broken..
    Like maaaaany of the games skills.

We don't hear people complaining about Werewolf do we? other than how broken they are to be effectively used, just a wasted Ulti slot.
    And why.. because they are broken, and not in the usefull abused broken like the vamp ulti.. but in a broken way that literally means broken.
  • c0rp
    c0rp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    c0rp wrote: »

Prepare for a new "most anticlimax" when you respec trap beast.

The FG skills were put into the game to DIRECTLY keep vamps and ww's in check. This is from the words of ZoS devs. The problem is they are not pulling their weight. That is the topic of discussion here. If you choose not to invest in the skills thats your own choice, but I and many others have invested into the skill line and the skills are underperforming. That was the whole point of the thread.

Force weapon swap to have priority over EVERYTHING. Close enough.
    Make stamina builds even with magicka builds.
    Disable abilities while holding block.
    Give us a REASON to do dungeons more than once.
    Remove PVP AoE CAP. It is ruining Cyrodiil.
    Fix/Remove Forward Camps. They are ruining Cyrodiil.
    Impenetrability needs to REDUCE CRIT DAMAGE. Not negate entire builds.
    Werewolf is not equal to Vamps/Bats.
  • Reavan
    Reavan
    ✭✭✭
    Really?? I quite like it....
    Sure its not like batswarm or what not but i like it.

• Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭
    need some ability against swarms. eighter AOE defend allies (what is actually effective....circle of protection and its morphs are garbage) or negate it, or something what kills the swarms and stuns/knockdowns/roots or snares and push him out of invisibility. And ofc stop the OP dmging swarmspam.
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Trap beast sucks, i have it :|
    Circle of protection is really good.

Edited by Gisgo on May 1, 2014 6:57AM
  • savak
    savak
    ✭✭
    ZOS really need to communicate.
  • Mordenkaiser
    Mordenkaiser
    ✭✭
    Give Silver bolts the ability to stop life-drains from returning HP. My solution
    "Serve me in death, and let Sithis be your shepherd"
  • Darrett
    Darrett
    ✭✭✭✭
    They just need to decide what route they want to take. If they want Vamps to be much more powerful than regular players, then Fighter's Guild abilities need to be hard counters. Adding things like making Circle of Protection also reduce maximum health of Vampires in the circle by 50%, or having Evil Hunter deal much more damage on a proc and add a powerful DoT when it occurs.

The other route they can take is greatly decrease the effectiveness of Vampire abilities to make it largely an RP or variety choice.

They also need to get a system in place to make everyday gameplay much more difficult as a Vampire. Guards attacking you in town, NPC vampire hunters showing up at inopportune times, etc.