The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Is there a price spreadsheet or good auction forum somewhere?

Qhival
Qhival
✭✭✭
Lets face it. the ingame guild stores are worthless and buggy. I think most people just sell the mats they have out leveled to venders because you rarely see the non top tier mats on guild stores.

Has anyone started a price database or good auction forum? seems like a very needed media.
-Archival -Templar, NA
  • Gwarok
    Gwarok
    ✭✭✭
    Gillysan wrote: »
    Economics 101
    Lesson one- Maneuvering through a multi-marketed economy:

Unless you belong to that market's economy and that market's economy ONLY, I would suggest not basing "average" price value medians off of just one website's recommendations.
    Edited by Gwarok on April 29, 2014 10:57PM
    "Strive for balance of all things. When the scales tip to one side or the other, someone or somethings gets short-changed. When someone gets short-changed, unpredictability and strife unbalance the world around us...To achieve freedom from greed, from want, and from strife, all parties in any exchange MUST find balance." -House Hlaalu's Philosophy of Trade

"I am ALWAYS very busy, so I KNOW what's best. You need to stay away from the waterfall. TRUST ME, you're better off keeping busy than playing in the stream....Do you know how to swim, Little Scrib?"

"I am but a simple farmer". -Rags'nar LodesBroke

#SKOOMA!

(Juliet):
    ...it is nor hand, nor foot,
    Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part
    Belonging to a man.
    O, be some other name!
    What's in a name?
    That which we call a rose?
    By any other name would smell as sweet.
    Retain that dear perfection to which he owes...
    (Act II, Scene II -William Shakespeare's: Romeo & Juliet -1595 A.D.)

• Gillysan
    Gillysan
    ✭✭✭✭
    What the hell are you talking about? This is just a tool to use as a guide. When you advertise something in zone put whatever price you think you can get away with. Not to mention this game isn't even a month old. Prices are all over the place and will be for awhile.

The market isn't only all those guilds in the database (a database that is going to continue to grow as word gets out), the market is zone chat channel.
  • methjester
    methjester
    ✭✭✭
    The prices are only as good as what is available as the zone you are in. You can only reach a small number of people at a time. You can be the most knowledgeable person on prices in the game, most people have zero reference and care not to.

With a mega population splintered down into tiny shards get used to bizarre price swings, good and bad deals, and never being able to find what you need.

Good luck. I hope everyone that plays sees this and goes by the current price trends, but without a standardized market it's a lost cause.