The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

2 steps forward 10 steps back, now you're helping gold sellers and bots!

thomas.manzellaub17_ESO
Exploration & Itemization
General
You now need to wait several minutes after looting a delve or overworld boss before you are eligible to receive loot from these types of bosses again.

You just cut down the ability of your average player to farm mats. Yes sure, us farmers are a pain in the ass. However. You just threw the status quo out the window.

Now all the people who want to craft good gear for their level who would normally farm a boss for an hour or two and move on, will have to get their mats another way. If they wanted to take forever to do it like the game intended they would have gone that way. You left the people who have automated programs running 24/7 to their work. You have empowered the gold sellers by cutting out their competition. THE ACTUAL PLAYERBASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Need a couple thousand gold to re-spec? farm a boss and sell the loot every time your bag fills because you messed up on where you put your points and the re-spec option is a ridiculously expensive, all or nothing, badly designed system.

Want to craft your own armor and not wear a clown suit? Farm the boss you can RE the blue item drop from to make x,y, or z gear.

Want to have enough mats to help your guild mates out and not have to be a stingy prick about it?

Players thought that inspires the use of farming companies behind bots:

So how are they going to get it now? Well... I could take days or weeks to make that fancy armor I want. Instead of actually having fun and PLAYING the GAME.
OR
You know... If I don't want to wait. I could buy the mats from some shady website that is making this game less enjoyable to play for everyone. HOWEVER. It's better than a *** covered grind-fest like AION, and to me it's the lesser of two evils.

I'm sorry, but to me this was a very bad decision. There is a much better way to have gone about this. I don't know. Maybe fixing your tagging system. Giving mobs a chance to drop crafting mats like pitch, dwarven oil, etc. Increasing boss HP, difficulty and exp gained based on the amount of players around it up to a raid lvl boss for that level(we call that a decent idea where I'm from, but Rule #1 for MMOs no fun allowed).

NOPE. We're going to make it so the only people who can farm and get massive amounts of mats to freely craft decent level armor for their lvl to be the jackasses who make this game suck, destroy the value of gold and crap on immersion. Enjoy alwejtf, oashifg, pasoifgh, oaihf, poaiefh, aopnsd, faopdsih, and aspodfhp.... They'll always find some loophole, cheat, hack, etc.
Edited by thomas.manzellaub17_ESO on April 29, 2014 10:40AM
  • knaveofengland
    knaveofengland
    ✭✭✭
    get hirelings you do get them also deconstruct you also get them so really don't have to do masses of farming. go questing then deconstruct, get hirelings .
    its a new game so in time it will work its self out.
  • thomas.manzellaub17_ESO

I'm sorry, but to me this was a very bad decision. There is a much better way to have gone about this. I don't know. Maybe fixing your tagging system. Giving mobs a chance to drop crafting mats like pitch, dwarven oil, etc. Increasing boss HP, difficulty and exp gained based on the amount of players around it up to a raid lvl boss for that level(we call that a decent idea where I'm from, but Rule #1 for MMOs no fun allowed).

Have daily quests for crafting trees that give mats, etc.

Have in game guilds(not player created) where you "craft" is honed.

More than one type of node for each obtainable crafting material in a crafting tree that has a higher drop rate of green and blue quality crafted item improvement.
  • Zaxq
    Zaxq
    ✭✭✭
    Farming bosses wasnt a good way to farm mats anyway. Not sure why you were wasting your time doing that.

And there are better ways to make gold.

Sounds like another bad player came to the forums to complain.
    Zaxq wrote: »
    Farming bosses wasnt a good way to farm mats anyway. Not sure why you were wasting your time doing that.

You get blue items from bosses every 1-3 minutes if you find the right one. In 1 hour that's a lot blue items. You can RE that for dwarven oil, embroidery, turpen and get about 20-30 per run. So far I haven't found a faster way to farm mats. If you have please enlighten me.

With 15 minutes of farming a bosses for gold I would have 2-5k gold. At lvl 18(when i was still farming bosses for gold) that's quite a bit. 500-800 gold from selling dropped pots, 1-2k from soul gems dropped. and 30-80 gold per white item.

So. Tell me. What's faster? Vampire bites? 20k per week? WW bites 15k per week? Daedric motifs? Crafting and selling? With what mats?

Please... Master of gaming. Tell me how to get gold and mats faster...
    Edited by thomas.manzellaub17_ESO on April 29, 2014 10:40AM
  • Enundr
    Enundr
    ✭✭✭
    General Rule of thumb after seeing how GW2 treated this subject NEVER SCREW WITH DROPS , didnt stop botters , WONT stop botters , never will stop botters. only hurts the player base , not the bots. hopefully this decision does a complete reversal before they lose more subscribers......if not well , youve made your bed zennimax , this is your first and only warning.
  • Zaxq
    Zaxq
    ✭✭✭

You get blue items from bosses every 1-3 minutes if you find the right one. In 1 hour that's a lot blue items. You can RE that for dwarven oil, embroidery, turpen and get about 20-30 per run. So far I haven't found a faster way to farm mats. If you have please enlighten me.

With 15 minutes of farming a bosses for gold I would have 2-5k gold. At lvl 18(when i was still farming bosses for gold) that's quite a bit. 500-800 gold from selling dropped pots, 1-2k from soul gems dropped. and 30-80 gold per white item.

So. Tell me. What's faster? Vampire bites? 20k per week? WW bites 15k per week? Daedric motifs? Crafting and selling? With what mats?

Loving the sarcasm, trying to make out that there arent better ways, but unfortunately for you, there are better ways of doing it.

Master of gaming? please show me where I said that.

And no, I dont need to resort to selling bites or motifs. Although that does bring in some nice money for those that do.

Feel free to keep being blinkered in your view though.
    Edited by Zaxq on April 29, 2014 10:53AM
  • Zaxq
    Zaxq
    ✭✭✭
    I was actually just about to quote your post and highlight all the exaggerations and false statements but it was taking a long time. So I didnt bother.

I think once you calm down and have a bit of a think you will (if youre a reasonable person) admit that maybe you're overreacting.

• doggie
    doggie
    ✭✭✭
    I play as a tank and upgraded my gear to blue before every new dungeon, and I had extra dwarven oil to be able to sell several sets, yet I've never farmed those bosses for hours, sure I've killed a few extra and if they spawned fast maybe hung around for 10 min. But never hours. So you don't need those bosses to be able to craft at regular levels.

They hurt the economy but probably most it is annoying for players to get to the last boss in a dungeon and find a friggin camp with players.

If there is fewer players in the public dungeons it will support the economy as there is fewer blue drops around, and more players might want to upgrade their gear to do those dungeons and get achievement.

• reggielee
    reggielee
    ✭✭✭✭
    i agree, nerfing game drops only penalizes real players who wish to do that kind of farming. They need to CLOSE THE MACRO LOOPHOLE THAT IS ENABLING THIS AUTOMATED BOTTING.

for crissakes, stop the friggin ability to do this, if it affects addons.. so be it.
    Mama always said the fastest way to a man's heart is through his chest.
  • Lkory
    Lkory
    ✭✭✭
    How long is the actual timer?

EDIT: oh it wasn't even deployed hehe

Still would love an official answer on how long this timer is and is it a global timer?
    Edited by Lkory on April 29, 2014 4:33PM
    doggie wrote: »
    I play as a tank and upgraded my gear to blue before every new dungeon, and I had extra dwarven oil to be able to sell several sets, yet I've never farmed those bosses for hours, sure I've killed a few extra and if they spawned fast maybe hung around for 10 min. But never hours. So you don't need those bosses to be able to craft at regular levels.

They hurt the economy but probably most it is annoying for players to get to the last boss in a dungeon and find a friggin camp with players.

If there is fewer players in the public dungeons it will support the economy as there is fewer blue drops around, and more players might want to upgrade their gear to do those dungeons and get achievement.

Sure you don't "need" to. You don't "need" a full set of blue gear for your level every 5 levels, but it's nice to have. I'd rather it not be taken away.

I didn't just complain about the subject I added some ideas that would be better implemented than a blanketed nerf on all boss drops. Any of these would make a great improvement:

Have daily quests for crafting trees that give mats, etc.

Have in game guilds(not player created) where you "craft" is honed. Like IRL pipefitters, electricians, carpenters, etc.

More than one type of node for each obtainable crafting material in a crafting tree that has a higher drop rate of green and blue quality crafted item improvement.

Fixing the tagging system.

Giving mobs a chance to drop crafting mats like pitch, dwarven oil, etc.

Increasing boss HP, difficulty and exp gained based on the amount of players around it up to a raid(or at least 4-man dungeon) lvl boss for that level.(I wish they would have done this from the start)
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im just happy im not a DEV because honestly how do you deal with this?

Make drops harder to obtain for everyone, and legit players will be even more tempted to buy gold/items from professional farmers (bots) that dont mind wasting their time on a boss.

I dont know...
  • LoreRunner
    LoreRunner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So your argument for it helping bots and spammers is that you no longer can run an exploit as a normal player easily? So you don't care that it is an exploit and that you are doing something that you should not be doing to 'farm mats'.

The crafting materials are not supposed to just be farmed heavily from dungeons like that. You were exploiting the system and now are complaining that your exploit is not working. Frankly, I would have been happier if they actually did small bans on people who were sitting killing bosses for hours as well as those who were bots because you are just as bad in ruining the experience for people as those bots.
    If you like my thoughts, feed my addiction! Give me forum credit! :)
    Oh okay. It's an exploit now. Right. So what about mob grinding for levels? Instead of questing people are running in a circle mowing down a group as it spawns? Right? Because re-spawns were never meant to happen in this game? As well as drops? Lets nerf all drops in a blanket then. Hell lets go your rout. If you're killing the same mob type for more than 15 minutes in a quest lets ban those players too.

Or not...
  • LoreRunner
    LoreRunner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lets go with your logic then. We should create a single mob in the game, be him instanced or not who cares. You can stand there for hours and level up by killing him every 2 min or so. You will get a good chance for a 'high level item' (see blue) each time you kill him. You will gain a good deal of XP on him no matter what. Hell, every 2-3 levels (your levels not his deaths) he will change what he looks like and sometimes even his abilities so you don't feel completely like you are killing the same mob. There is no other content out there now.

So how are you doing enjoying this game I gave you?
    LoreRunner wrote: »
    Lets go with your logic then. We should create a single mob in the game, be him instanced or not who cares. You can stand there for hours and level up by killing him every 2 min or so. You will get a good chance for a 'high level item' (see blue) each time you kill him. You will gain a good deal of XP on him no matter what. Hell, every 2-3 levels (your levels not his deaths) he will change what he looks like and sometimes even his abilities so you don't feel completely like you are killing the same mob. There is no other content out there now.

So how are you doing enjoying this game I gave you?

Not even close. You tried though.
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ....you do know you can kill one boss, go to a different dungeon, kill that boss, and repeat? thats how i earn emergency money, plus the dailies in cyrodiil.
  • LoreRunner
    LoreRunner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh okay. It's an exploit now. Right. So what about mob grinding for levels? Instead of questing people are running in a circle mowing down a group as it spawns? Right? Because re-spawns were never meant to happen in this game? As well as drops? Lets nerf all drops in a blanket then. Hell lets go your rout. If you're killing the same mob type for more than 15 minutes in a quest lets ban those players too.

Or not...

If the company did not find that someone was exploiting it or that they did not think that it was doing something they did not want, they would not have nerfed it like you complain. The reason a company nerfs content is because people were doing things with that content they did not think was right. That includes killing the content over and over to get items that the company did not think they should get. That also includes people not being able to kill content at the appropriate level (which is a different discussion) and also the content providing too much xp to players in a way the company did not want.

Just because You think it was wonderful to get blue mats faster than anyone else could without doing your exact same way does not mean the company thought it was that wonderful.

• Lkory
    Lkory
    ✭✭✭
    LoreRunner wrote: »

Or not...

If the company did not find that someone was exploiting it or that they did not think that it was doing something they did not want, they would not have nerfed it like you complain. The reason a company nerfs content is because people were doing things with that content they did not think was right. That includes killing the content over and over to get items that the company did not think they should get. That also includes people not being able to kill content at the appropriate level (which is a different discussion) and also the content providing too much xp to players in a way the company did not want.

Just because You think it was wonderful to get blue mats faster than anyone else could without doing your exact same way does not mean the company thought it was that wonderful.

Id definitely wait 5 mins at a delve boss or world boss (implying that i got back to town to deconstruct) than just farm random mobs. Or I could just run group dungeons and get good loot even some epics.

So those should be nerfed as well, i guess cause they can and will be exploited.

As for not being able to kill those bosses well they should level up and get to Veteran Ranks. Rarely more than 2-3 player farming those and I am glad they are around cause the bosses can kick some ass.

EDIT: Oh and sadly bots are a plague at every game launch, the more popular the IP and hype is, well the more bots. Soooo please stop whining and let em time to move on. And Loot timer is a stupid idea to get rid of em, less gold per hour for them means they will run more bots to make exactly the same profit and you will whine even more that ZOS doesn't ban them fast enough.

Edited by Lkory on April 29, 2014 11:48PM
  • TwistedRiddlesb14_ESO
    What IS the timer on loot? I expected an actual timer to pop up so I knew when it was triggered and when I could get loot again (and therefore should bother going into another dungeon) but one does not exist, so does anyone know what the timer is?
  • Lkory
    Lkory
    ✭✭✭
    What IS the timer on loot? I expected an actual timer to pop up so I knew when it was triggered and when I could get loot again (and therefore should bother going into another dungeon) but one does not exist, so does anyone know what the timer is?

Not in game right now but it will be as soon as they patch it to 1.06

I don't expect anything more than 10 minutes and they were hinting at a global timer.
  • TwistedRiddlesb14_ESO
    Okay. I assumed the patch went in since they usually post patch notes the morning of and they were up this morning.
    I'll put in how a actually think this should be handled. To solve any issues that are causing confusion. Some people are obviously confused...

As soon as there are more than 3 people camping a boss it should be bumped up to dungeon boss lvl/difficulty. Give better loot and exp.

As soon as there are more than 8 people camping a boss it should pull the whole room with it and the mobs should be stronger than usual. The boss should stay at 4 man dungeon difficulty. Anyone who kills a mob or the boss gets the tag.

As soon as there are 10+ people there the boss should be raid lvl and give even better loot, and exp.

As soon as 15+ people are there the mobs should be empowered to the level that the boss starts out at. mobs now drop better loot, and give more exp.

At 20+ it should be a full 20-24 man raid boss for its level and at 26+ people the adds should be as strong as "world bosses". All drop amazing raid quality loot(adds less than the boss) for the level of the boss/dungeon.

Why? Cause it solves the problem in a fun way. Who doesn't want world raid bosses that are based of the amount of people there? Not in a raid group? Who cares just jump in and tag it. If you get the tag you get the loot. When people leave it goes back to normal.

Turn camping into a pick up mini-raid and love it!
    Edited by thomas.manzellaub17_ESO on April 30, 2014 3:17AM
  • SootyTX
    SootyTX
    ✭✭✭
    Gisgo wrote: »
    Im just happy im not a DEV because honestly how do you deal with this?

Make drops harder to obtain for everyone, and legit players will be even more tempted to buy gold/items from professional farmers (bots) that dont mind wasting their time on a boss.

I dont know...

The thing is, this drop rate change doesn't stop the average player from getting the drops they want, because they go in, kill the boss, maybe have to wait a few if they don't get the item they want first time, move on to the next quest. If not for all the campers, you'd be able to get the blue first time every time, since its always dropped for someone.

The only people complaining are the ones (a) trying to gouge other players over a certain item by crowding the boss and selling the drops to players that aren't able to get them through the normal manner (i.e. the boss) and (b) those that want to be able to corner the crafting market but aren't willing or able to actually do that through ways that don't negatively affect other players.

The average player, even one crafting/improving their own gear, can make more than enough materials to do so just through regular play.

There is absolutely NO reason you 'need' a full set of blue gear all the time, I've spent most of my leveling career with maybe a few blues and the rest greens, almost always 4 or 5 level below my character level and I've had no issue completing same level content.

• Tetujin
    Tetujin
    ✭✭✭
    This thread is just surreal. You think this is in any way what they intended with these bosses? Just sweat-shop, assembly line loot piñatas?
  • Kevaliji
    Kevaliji

Well i guess it really depends on what type of crafting you are doing. Im lvl 50 alchemy so my version of farming is running circles in coldharbour picking flowers for 4 hours. Once filling my bank with hundreds of potions i sell them from 5-10k a stack depending on the potion. My guildies call me the neighborhood drug dealer. I can easily make 20k in a 3-4 hour time period.
    Edited by Kevaliji on April 30, 2014 9:39AM
  • Tripp3r
    Tripp3r
    ✭✭✭
    Exploration & Itemization
    General
    You now need to wait several minutes after looting a delve or overworld boss before you are eligible to receive loot from these types of bosses again.
    Bla bla bla bla...

This has got to be one of the most annoying things iv'e ever read in my life...
    go away, leave ESO the game would be so much better off without your kind.

• IronMaiden_burnout
    IronMaiden_burnout
    ✭✭✭
    I find it strange that they think this will even slow down bots. now there will be even more bots in everyone's face, running around on scripts.
    They have already taken over the resource farming forcing the legit players to scrounge resources in the field.

They need to zap the 3rd party programs these bots use, not punish the players
  • Falmer
    Falmer
    ✭✭✭✭
    This may sound harsh, but I don't really put 'real player' farmers that much higher on the scale than bots.

Eliminating both of those can only benefit the game. People playing the game as it was intended like to get to the end of a cave or dungeon and actually have a challenging fight, without a ton of bots AND farmers there to kill it before they even get a swing in.

There is absolutely no reason people should be 'farming' a single spawn.
  • Yankee
    Yankee
    ✭✭✭✭

I see your point in farming mats off instance bosses.

The problem is, when enough people want to do this it is no different for other questing players than having a bunch of bots standing around.

Other players will have problems getting their loot even once and maybe even getting a hit in for completion credit.

So while I cannot blame you for wanting to farm blues for decon, several farmers doing this on a boss is inconsiderate for others passing through.
    Edited by Yankee on April 30, 2014 12:13PM