The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

My game crashes multiple times per session.

Starpryme
Starpryme
It happens at random times and multiple times per game play session. I have a few addons that might be the problems but thought I'd check to see if anyone is experiencing the same thing. Could it maybe be something to do with graphic settings being too high? I have a GeForce GTX 650 Ti if that helps at all. I always make sure all programs, including the ESO launcher are off while playing. I occasionally open Chrome while playing if I need to look up something useful. When the game crashes it does it in one of two ways. 1) freezes and then brings up a crash report for me to submit. 2) freezes and then the default window that says "ESO has stopped working" pops up. Any help or suggestions are welcomed.
Edited by Starpryme on April 17, 2014 10:16PM

Best Answer

• dolmen
    dolmen
    ✭✭✭
    I've heard these two suggestions:

1. Close the launcher once you are in game.
    2. Set the launcher to run as admin via right click properties, compatibility tab.

Hope that helps.
    The Sidekick Order
    Answer ✓
  • Starpryme
    Starpryme
    Just got done with a session without any crashing and I didn't do either of the options above. The patch downloaded today probably fixed it I'm assuming.
  • Sidney
    Sidney
    ✭✭✭✭
    How do we mark questions as answered? Have not seen this option on my posts.
    >.<_____/
    If you want me to read a post aimed at me, please put @Sidney.
    Please give us tail armor and dyeable tail ribbons.
    Click Here -->Support Dyeable Tail Ribbons<---
    All your mats r belong to Khajiit.
    Click Here -->Support Tail Armor<---
  • Heskey
    Heskey
    Well it's certainly not been fixed for me since launch.
  • Starpryme
    Starpryme
    UPDATE: it still isn't fixed. I'm going to assume it has something to do with addons because some days I go without zero crashes then others I get like 3-4. Does anyone know how to make post from answered to unanswered?
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    While I cant tell you how to change answered to unanswered I can tell you a bit about crashing.

A crash should not happen because of your in game settings, you can theoretically play the game with 5 FPS :)

A crash almost always happens due an issue in regards of a wrong address or command among your client software, the drivers or your system.

Therefore I would advice to check all your drivers (soundcard, graphics card, BIOS if you have blue screens), about being up to date.

After you have done this you can start disabling all addons, or updating those to a newer version if available.

In most cases this should fix game crashing.

However, this doesn't rule out that you get across a bug at imes. I was once fishing and the game crashed. I reported this (you get a window for this) and that's it. In my opinion however, ESO is a very stable client - that's why I would assume someone who is crashing every few minutes most likely has to look on his end.

It can also be required to fully uninstall your graphics and sound drivers before installing new ones.
    Edited by Audigy on May 8, 2014 11:08AM
  • Penumbra
    Penumbra
    Please check if you have installed and addon called ESOHEAD.Along with not connection error I was also crashing.

I thought it could be the same problems I had in beta as well but it was just the addon. In fact just disable all addons you have and try to connect. Then enable one addon at a time.

I do not want to discredit the addon maker from ESOHEAD but I had installed about 15 addons found out it was the only one, in fact the one giving me problems. I disabled them all and went enabling one by one. When I got to ESOHEAD, the load screen would come up and it would just get stuck and forcing me out with a connection error.

Tried several times and the same thing happend. Last thing I did was left ESOHEAD for last. All my addons were working fine and then boom, again bye enabling ESOHEAD would kick me out to the logging screen.

With that addon turn off I even load faster into the game. I was always getting like 30 second load times to get log in to the server. Now its just about 5 secs. But since I installed that addon in the first week and with all the problems the game had I thought hey maybe its just the game alone. Once again, not blaming the addon for many other problems other people are experiencing but its worth to disable not just this addon but all and then see how the game responds.
  • Starpryme
    Starpryme
    Penumbra wrote: »
    Please check if you have installed and addon called ESOHEAD.Along with not connection error I was also crashing.

I thought it could be the same problems I had in beta as well but it was just the addon. In fact just disable all addons you have and try to connect. Then enable one addon at a time.

I do not want to discredit the addon maker from ESOHEAD but I had installed about 15 addons found out it was the only one, in fact the one giving me problems. I disabled them all and went enabling one by one. When I got to ESOHEAD, the load screen would come up and it would just get stuck and forcing me out with a connection error.

Tried several times and the same thing happend. Last thing I did was left ESOHEAD for last. All my addons were working fine and then boom, again bye enabling ESOHEAD would kick me out to the logging screen.

With that addon turn off I even load faster into the game. I was always getting like 30 second load times to get log in to the server. Now its just about 5 secs. But since I installed that addon in the first week and with all the problems the game had I thought hey maybe its just the game alone. Once again, not blaming the addon for many other problems other people are experiencing but its worth to disable not just this addon but all and then see how the game responds.

I've had problems with ESOHead to in the past. When your reticle hovered over any npc or enemy, it would lag. Disabled it and worked just fine. The thing is that the crashes are very random. All my software is up to date and all applications besides the game itself are turned off to insure nothing goes wrong. I'll try turning off ESOHead and see if that helps but I'm almost certain it's an addon.