Sorcerers - Ball of Lightning question

Hearts
Hearts
✭✭✭
So Ball of Lightning says the following:

Teleports player forward and stuns nearby enemies for 2 seconds. Absorbs incoming spell projectiles for 6.5 seconds.

Ball of Lightning does the following from my experience:

Teleports player forward, creates a huge ball of light which makes it incredibly easy for anyone to track you down and kill you. It does not stun or absorb spell projectiles.

Am I correct? Is this bugged? I havent been in PvP yet so im not sure if the spell projectiles only apply to players but it doesnt work on mobs.
  • dw0011nrb19_ESO
    The ball is stationary and creates an area of protection for 5 seconds. I did not test it if it works because once I morphed it into BoL I instantly got annoying by the visual effects and switched it to Streak. Even tho Streak is actually less useful, yes BoL is just a super sign right on the battlefield à la "Hey, Sorc here, come and kill me!" definitelly not a fan of that. Streak looks and sounds much more pleasant.

So much for that, but still BoL is far better in it's functionality than Streak. Can be very useful in both PvP and PvE.
    @Hrotha - EU
  • Hearts
    Hearts
    ✭✭✭
    BoL is excellent for fighting casters, you can basically be immune all the time if you use weapon damage for attacking. Thats why i got it, but it doesnt seem to work which is annoying
  • Semel
    Semel
    ✭✭
    It doesn't work at all. I tested it today and it is totally useless.

Fix this ZOS!
  • Antonie
    Antonie
    ✭✭✭
    Stun works as follows for this skill. You create some kind of visual effect similiar to a shockwave around you before you are being moved which stuns foes around you, leaving a ball of lightning behind which absorbs spells and yes is visible to all players by far range
    (this morph is a means to escape not to hide or engage so if you are already retreating/escaping/fleeing i am assuming that you were visible to foes beforehand)
    I guess you can also use it to close distance when moving from A to B.
    Edited by Antonie on April 18, 2014 11:33PM
    “Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.”-Albert Einstein
    Leben ist ein RPG. Was ist DEINE Rolle?-Motto von http://rpgspielen.de/

• Semel
    Semel
    ✭✭
    That ball of lightning doesn't absorb anything...At least not in my experience..
  • Hridh
    Hridh
    ✭✭
    So, is ball of lightning indeed bugged and a useless morph, at least regarding the spell absorb? (and "absorb" = cancel, no get hp, like the shield morph?). also, do you lose the stun on streak
  • Hridh
    Hridh
    ✭✭
    Sorry to repeat myself, but I would prefer to know before morphing the skill : is ball of lightning indeed bugged?
  • Hearts
    Hearts
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, the absorb is bugged
  • rwood0604_ESO
    rwood0604_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    nah it's not bugged yall are just expecting more out of the skill than it does, it only absorbs spell projectiles in which the cases ive tested only absorbs light and heavy attacks from the staffs but things like a NB skill sucking your hp away it doesnt work why they don't properly explain the skill idk but if it did absorb all spell projections then people would only complain it's too op cause you could use it every 5 secs and never be hit by half of the skills in game other than melee/aoe or normal bow attacks.

anyways like I said all I know 100% that it does absorb is light and heavy staff attacks and nothing more
  • Hearts
    Hearts
    ✭✭✭
    As noted in my first post, didnt test in PvP... So youre saying that it only absorbs light and heavy destruction staff spells? That sounds like the worst spell ever, has to be better than that
  • Warlunatic
    Warlunatic
    Soul Shriven
    it does work iv spent a lot of time in pvp lately and from my experience - it does not work for spells that have already been casted at you, they will lock onto you and track you down. If the other player has not casted the spell, waiting for you to appear instead of the next cast being target at you it will be targeted at the orb, it works for things like shards and endless fury, and im sure it will work for other class spells also. so here cast before orb - hit you. cast after orb - hits orb. tested by me for me shared with you.
  • Warlunatic
    Warlunatic
    Soul Shriven
    think of it like the PvE mob who can place a little ice barrier infront of them and if they are behind it you will target the ice barrier not them, or how about if u try target someone of sige gear but ur reticule is on siege u will fire at the siege