Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[BUG] Enchanting Level 28 to 29 - 440% of Level 27 to 28. Then 28 to 29 fixed again...

Inco
Inco
✭✭✭✭
Anyone heard or seen something that is going to address this? Pretty messed up issue and a LOT of people had to grind thru 181k more than needed (That's equal to 2.5+ more levels of enchanting).

When you hit level 28 enchanting... you are going to be very unhappy crafters.

They have a BUG of some sort and I hope everyone logs a ticket.
•Level 27>28 was like 56k
•Level 28>29 is 247k *Yes, you heard me... 247,660*
•Level 29>30 is 76k

I created a TICKET asking for my XP back, but not heard anything. The level from 28 to 29 should be roughly 65k if it wasn't bugged.

My link in a previous thread > http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/614186/#Comment_614186
  • hasselhoffman
    hasselhoffman
    ✭✭✭
    Alright, so I'm not the only one. Shouldn't this be an easy fix? You posted the 14th and here its May 3rd and it hasn't been corrected?
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because no one has made a stink about it. Maybe it's because runes are so rare and crafting XP is so lousy that there aren't that many enchanters at that level yet.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Inco
    Inco
    ✭✭✭✭
    No idea.. I logged a BUG report at the same time. To me this would be a SIMPLE fix. Heck I even asked for the extra points awarded to my crafting so it would balance out.

Nothing on my ticket. Seems to be a black hole. Most people just grind thru it like the VR levels. (Which BTW are also reDONKulus VP needed).
  • Beryl
    Beryl
    ✭✭✭
    I just reached this level in Enchanting. It is bugged ofc, but I do not see any problem here.

Lvl 27 -> 28 does not exists. It is skipped completely.
    Lvl 28 -> 29 requires 247k XP but it starts half way.

So... after you reach lvl27 in enchanting you go directly to the middle of the 28->29 transition and the amount of XP you need to level to 29 is a sum of normal lvl27->28 and lvl28->29 steps. It looks weird but it does not make any difference in the result.
  • flemmingrohdb16_ESO
    i got lucky passed it by checking bookshelves LOL
  • Schmackei
    Schmackei
    ✭✭
    Inco wrote: »
    When you hit level 28 enchanting... you are going to be very unhappy crafters.

They have a BUG of some sort and I hope everyone logs a ticket.
    •Level 27>28 was like 56k
    •Level 28>29 is 247k *Yes, you heard me... 247,660*
    •Level 29>30 is 76k

I had only a portion of this problem.
    I went from level 26 that only needed 65k and completely skipped level 27.
    It put me 115k into level 28 that still needed me to reach the 247k target.
    I just reached level 29 that is back down to needed 70k.
    I guess I got a little luckier than you as I didn't need the full 247k for 28 and missed the 56k for level 27.

I did submit a bug for this, have not heard back.
    SCHMACKEI - < Drunken Baѕtards >
    - The Ebonheart Pact - US
    - Khajiit Nightblade
  • killedbyping
    killedbyping
    ✭✭✭✭
    Had same prob, but for some reason i got 1.5x level for decon 1 yellow crafted glyph made by other player.
    Edited by killedbyping on May 21, 2014 9:37AM
  • leandro.800ub17_ESO
    leandro.800ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same problem here
  • NerfEverything
    NerfEverything
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back in the old days we would call these Hell Levels. Either way, enchanting is super broken right now.
    • Max level enchanters can't craft the best enchantments in the game, although Zen has promised multiple times that player crafted enchantments would be the strongest available.
    • Aspect extraction skill is broken.
    • The essence rune spawn rate needs to be toned down. It is 2-3x greater than aspect and potency although the ratio used to craft glyphs is 1:1:1. Either even out the spawn rate or let people transmutate essence into other runes. On top of that, essence runes aren't leveled, so there are about 100x more essence runes around than could ever be used.
    • Potency level spawns need to scale with the VR zones. No reason why Potency 5's should be dropping in a VR4 zone.
    • Although the previous bug does kind of work to the benefit of the player since decon exp is also bugged, with the level 45-50 glyphs giving more exp than VR1-6 glyphs.
  • Lupinemw
    Lupinemw
    ✭✭✭
    Back in the old days we would call these Hell Levels. Either way, enchanting is super broken right now.

[*] Max level enchanters can't craft the best enchantments in the game, although Zen has promised multiple times that player crafted enchantments would be the strongest available.

Why can't they, where is the proof in that statement? I'm Level 42 Enchanter I have access to all levels of Runes. Not seen any issues at all crafting Glyphs I want to.

So what BEST enchantments are you saying I don't have access to?

Elysium
    EU Casual Mature Daggerfall Covenant Guild

Would you like to know more?! Check us out below
    elysium-eso.guildlaunch.com
  • NerfEverything
    NerfEverything
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lupinemw wrote: »

Why can't they, where is the proof in that statement? I'm Level 42 Enchanter I have access to all levels of Runes. Not seen any issues at all crafting Glyphs I want to.

The enchantments on dropped gear (epic) are greater than any crafted (epic) enchantment that can be applied.
  • NerfEverything
    NerfEverything
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just to clarify, I'm talking about the amount of the enchantment, not the type. So you can get +150hp on dropped gear, and the best enchantment anyone can craft is only +135hp. Those numbers are just examples, but dropped gear have stronger enchantments than can be crafted.
  • Lupinemw
    Lupinemw
    ✭✭✭
    Bet the item has the Infused Trait on it. Infused Increases the Glyphs value. So try that out, a lot of people don't take note of the Trait and think the system is broken.
    Elysium
    EU Casual Mature Daggerfall Covenant Guild

Would you like to know more?! Check us out below
    elysium-eso.guildlaunch.com
  • NerfEverything
    NerfEverything
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bet the item has the Infused Trait on it. Infused Increases the Glyphs value. So try that out, a lot of people don't take note of the Trait and think the system is broken.

We are talking about VR10 dropped gear here. I understand how traits work. You can craft an epic HP enchantment, put it over a dropped piece with HP enchantment on it already, and it will be lower than the initial HP enchantment that came with the drop.

Once again, enchanters cannot improve the best gear in the game as Zen promised. Applying the best crafted enchantment will actually make the best gear worse than if you just left it alone.
  • ColeMarie86
    ColeMarie86
    Soul Shriven
    I too had that same weird bug happen for me. I was nearing the end of leveling 26, it finished and skipped 27 and placed me in the middle of 28, which is now impossibly slow to level.
  • Kayira
    Kayira
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had the same and people from my guild as well.
    I leveled from lvl 26 straight up to lvl 28.5 and had now the joy to get to 247k. I do think that only the level shown is bugged and the game just adds the entire lvl 27 and 28 together making it really hard to lvl up to lvl 29.
    EU PC
    In Game Tag: @Silthoras

Raid Mains: Warden and Templar Heals
    DDs: Mag Sorc and Mag Necro
  • Skeksi
    Skeksi
    ✭✭
    So anyone intereted in leveling Enchanting should get it to around 27 before reading any books and then stop leveling it, and read bookshelves until it gets to 32-33, then continue leveling it.
  • Alephen
    Alephen
    ✭✭✭
    it looks like the amount of xp needed is correct, at least usually. but the levels are kind of 'jumpy'

from the posts it appears that lvls 27+28 take about 130k xp, which follows the progression.

now if someone isnt skipping from the top of 26 to halfway through a 260k lvl 28, while others are. that is more worrisome as find why different players are going along separate paths would be much more difficult a fix then just cleaning up the xp charts.
  • mndfreeze
    mndfreeze
    ✭✭✭
    Beryl wrote: »
    I just reached this level in Enchanting. It is bugged ofc, but I do not see any problem here.

Lvl 27 -> 28 does not exists. It is skipped completely.
    Lvl 28 -> 29 requires 247k XP but it starts half way.

So... after you reach lvl27 in enchanting you go directly to the middle of the 28->29 transition and the amount of XP you need to level to 29 is a sum of normal lvl27->28 and lvl28->29 steps. It looks weird but it does not make any difference in the result.

this is what happened to me as well. I remember being super confused as I was deconning some glyphs a guildie made me so we could level, and I did a small one that was just BARELY enough to tip me over the edge to the next enchanting level, and my bar did some superman style stuff and went more then halfway.
  • Elgarr
    Elgarr
    ✭✭✭
    I have just gone from 28-29 on an alt, and it has taken over 25 glyphs of vr7-9 of epic quality to get through this, then next level showing as only needing 70odd thousands.
    Seriously WTF
  • neueregel
    neueregel
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't got a skill advancement reading books since about level 30. I am VR5 now. I assumed that I read all the ones that gave advancements already.
    Edited by neueregel on May 30, 2014 7:00PM
    Are you not entertained?
    On my command, unleash hell!
    What we do in life echoes in eternity
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh was wondering why it was so slow lol, 75% of the way to 29 now..ugh..hmmm wonder why this hasn't been fixed yet, wouldn't think it would be that hard to change..shrugs..
  • Traisa
    Traisa
    ✭✭✭
    How can we get Zenimax to take notice of this? It's clearly been bugged for a while now, and I have yet to encounter a dev make any mention of a fix in the works, or give a response to acknowledge that they're aware of it.
  • AreoHotah
    AreoHotah
    ✭✭✭✭
    i have the same issue, i jsut reach 27 into enchanting and it jumped imediatelly to 28 and a half. now i need like 1000 glyphs to reach 29.
    Hota'h, Dual-wield/bow full medium armor NB Khajiit from day 1.

https://imageshack.com/i/p2rF313Qj/b]
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    Be sure to /bug report it in game, and check the general discussion area to get better ZOS Dev exposure.
    NA - DC - DK - PC