Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Dungeons

eliteman19
So for me I've found the most confusing part of the game is dungeons and what makes something a dungeon. Can anyone explain where I can find them or a guide to where they are or atleast explain whats in them and how to join up to do one?
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hit "P" in-game to see the party screen. In the upper-right corner, you can do the party finder option, which will allow you to find parties for quests, dungeons, etc. That will tell you what dungeons are in your range.

To find a dungeon in your area, you'll look for an icon of a torch (just like the public dungeons) with a plus sign next to it (not at all like the public dungeons). Once you've cleared that dungeon, the equivalent dungeons for the other 2 factions open up.
    ----
    Murray?
  • dpayne83_ESO
    dpayne83_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Well there's 3 types of dungeons. You have public dungeons where everybody can run, it's not really instance for you or a specific group and there's always 20 people camping the boss :P. They're marked by a torch on your map. Then you have group dungeons. Those are marked by a torch with a plus over it on your map and there's at least 1 per zone. These are the dungeons specifically tailored for your group of 4 and is the closest thing to an instance dungeon from other mmo's. The third is a veteran dungeon. These are your group dungeons you come across but a harder version for your level 50s. As far as guides go I tend to use ESOHead for a lot of things but it's still in its infancy so there aren't a ton of comments on it for things.
  • awkwarrd
    awkwarrd
    ✭✭✭
    @eliteman19
    "4" DUNGEON TYPES:
    1. Public (you will find other players in these, always a boss at the end)
    2. Solo (quest based)
    3. Group (for 4 players, multiple boss's)
    4. Veteran (alot harder than group dungeons)
    MAPS:
    http://esohead.com/map#439.2.50.50

This should help navigate a bit, just click on the map where u want to look.
    You can use the filters on the right to find specific things.
    GROUPING:
    Press "P"
    At the top right of the window that opens, you will see 2 icons, "Your Group" and "Grouping Tools"

Handy little tool that.
    Edited by awkwarrd on April 13, 2014 9:41PM