The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Will it sell?

doggie
doggie
✭✭✭
So I decided to try to craft a blue item and sell it on the trader today, I crafted a blue lvl 40 Imperial helmet. Enchanted it with a blue enchant adding +85 health, and with a +armor trait.

Just the 3xDwarven oil I used is worth 1500g, + honing stones, encant etc. I listed it for 2000g on the auction house which means I'll only get money back for the 3xOils used. No profit and not getting paid for some materials. But question is, will it sell?

It's a fun experiment, basicly this just show how dysfunctional the crafting system is at 1-49 atleast.
  • Malediktus
    Malediktus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wouldnt buy it, you outlevel stuff way too fast pre veteran levels
    @Malediktus --- Ebonheart Pact, EU-Megaserver
  • rtx
    rtx
    ✭✭✭
    It all depends on how do you play.
    I gain 1 level every day or two, but some people can get to 50 in 1 day.
    Personally I wouldn't buy it, money gain is sluggish, since my best way of earning [selling motifs] doesn't work anymore [literally no one is interested].
  • Malediktus
    Malediktus
    ✭✭✭✭
    You dont need armor at all for open world content (not sure if this changes for veteran levels). I often run around with an armor value of 0 to save repair costs
    @Malediktus --- Ebonheart Pact, EU-Megaserver
  • SexyVette07
    SexyVette07
    ✭✭✭
    It wont sell. Blue level items drop like candy in this game. Its very Diablo style loot drops. Blue quality drops are selling for 200-300 gold.
  • Censorious
    Censorious
    ✭✭✭✭
    My guess, it'll sell. Every blue item I put on the shop vanishes within the hour.
    'Clever' sigs get old real fast - just like this one.
  • Loxy37
    Loxy37
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah its a shame that those motifs wasn't a lot more rare, had nearly them all in a day. If they were more rare then us crafter's would have had a far greater market. The thing is that most gear isn't bound so even if it was bought, it could always be resold or stashed for a future alt. I have enough blue gear for 1-30, to last my remaining 4 characters and no doubt a lot are the same.
  • Thete
    Thete
    ✭✭✭
    It is frequently the case in MMOs that selling raw materials is more profitable than selling crafted items. This is particularl true if you are selling something that anyone could easily craft themselves if they'd spent any time levelling professions. To make money from crafted gear, you need to be making items that few others are even capable of making. Until then, just sell the raw materials if you have no need of them yourself.
  • Beryl
    Beryl
    ✭✭✭
    I would not buy it.
    Myself at lvl41 I still wear a full crafted blue set (all armour and 2 weapons, 2 different set bonuses) for lvl38. I love it, otherwise I would not make it. But it is way too expensive and materials cost more than I would agree to pay for such items crafted by other players.
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LMAO.

if i were to make that said item, it would cost 1200g for the buyer.

just because you can't be competitive doesnt mean the crafting system is disfunctional
  • Phranq
    Phranq
    ✭✭✭
    How is selling for less than your materials are worth being competitive ? Sounds like the short road to bankruptcy to me..
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you came with dwarven oils to me for 500g each i would tell you to kill yourself.

1.they are not worth that much by far
    2.you are a bad crafter if you depend on merchants to buy your tempers from
  • doggie
    doggie
    ✭✭✭
    if you came with dwarven oils to me for 500g each i would tell you to kill yourself.

How much do you think Dwarven oil is worth?

I buy blue items at guild trader for 200g each, 10 blue items will usually return 5-7 Dwarven oil. So a 2000g investment returns 2500-3500g, then to sell them again I have to pay 10% sales fee.

There are limits to how many items I can get at that price, usually when I check all 5 guilds, I get about 10 items.

I just don't see how much cheaper they can get without starting to loose money. I have 3/3 in Extration.