Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Harry Partridge on ESO"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official thread to discuss the blog article Harry Partridge on ESO. Enjoy!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • BluteMeister
    BluteMeister
    ✭✭✭
    Loved it! "You're a chick in real life, right?"
    Character(s): Crowley, Gluttony, Mephisto, Tabula Smaragdina
    Main Class: Sorcerer (Heals)
    Alliance: EP
    Guild Master of Cult of Cthulhu
  • LostScot
    LostScot
    ✭✭✭
    This is the official thread to discuss the blog article Harry Partridge on ESO. Enjoy!

Your link directs straight back to this topic on the forums instead of directing people to the news article on the main ESO web site.

As for Harry Partridge - really?? I've watched the animation he prepared and I didn't giggle, raise an eyebrow or contemplate anything new. C'mon, this guy's only claim to fame is a tacky tribute to Skyrim and a slightly famous father.

Get a real comedian / animator involved please, if you want to promote ESO then the bar needs to be raised higher than the foot or so off the ground of this current attempt.
  • Asawasa
    Asawasa
    ✭✭✭
    Skyrim by Harry Partridge has over 17 millions views on youtube. I would say that qualifies as a real animator / comedian. you may not like his work but no need to insult someone who has done more than you currently.

i thought he said at the end something about finding an elf Manmoiselle which made the bit about you're a chick in real life funny to me.
    Edited by Asawasa on April 11, 2014 6:27PM
  • Dema
    Dema
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be distancing myself from that, instead of promoting it.
  • hrachiereb17_ESO
    awesome
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thats pretty funny.
  • Steinarr
    Steinarr
    Soul Shriven
    I think Harry has outdone himself yet again, but me being an enormous fan of cartoon animations may result in a slight bias. c;

To be honest I found the Skyrim animation slightly more entertaining and catchy. Anyhow I'll never doubt Harry as a great comedian and an even better animator.
    LostScot wrote: »
    As for Harry Partridge - really?? I've watched the animation he prepared and I didn't giggle, raise an eyebrow or contemplate anything new. C'mon, this guy's only claim to fame is a tacky tribute to Skyrim and a slightly famous father.

Get a real comedian / animator involved please, if you want to promote ESO then the bar needs to be raised higher than the foot or so off the ground of this current attempt.

As to give my opinion on this matter, I find that Harry is not being used as a promotion for the game, but much rather that the Elder Scrolls team is simply giving him a shoutout for the good things he has deticated himself to doing for the community.

Sure, I'll agree its not his best work yet, but that shouldn't stop the ES team from thanking him for it, should it?

That is not to say I would mind Stephen Colbert making a cameo in a promotional video for the ESO, as Emperor, naturally. :D
    Edited by Steinarr on April 12, 2014 3:30AM
  • RaZaddha
    RaZaddha
    ✭✭✭
    This is awesome, it's good for the game and for the video creator those kind of things
  • Psychic_Kitty
    Psychic_Kitty
    ✭✭

I think my niece would like it as she is 7 years old.....but she wouldn't understand the jokes because they take a lot of random things from the elder scrolls games and use it.

But then she finds the elder scrolls online game boring....and lol....she thinks the same thing I do it doesn't have enough active skill slots.....

but unlike me she thinks there should be more slots for her to be able to do important things like...and not kidding here....dancing....making flower hats.....playing with play-doh...and may favorite one of all time.....a sleep button....because she knows the bad people we fight are just sleepy.....and if we could take a nap they would take a nap too.
  • alvaro_darkbladeb14_ESO
    hahaha, the video is so funny..... :D:D
    Then, i go into the game and saw that my bank is bug. I've lost my purchased slots and the gold i spend in the upgrades.... :|:|

The fun vanished. Now I feel like the Captain Haddock. D:D:D:
  • Zordrage
    Zordrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i was sooooo expecting that near the end.... XD

also the cemetery part XD
    Edited by Zordrage on April 12, 2014 2:32PM
  • BiggerOnTheInside379
    Ha! I love this vid, and I love TESO even more! Gosh, the game is awesome!
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hahaha, the video is so funny..... :D:D
    Then, i go into the game and saw that my bank is bug. I've lost my purchased slots and the gold i spend in the upgrades.... :|:|

The fun vanished. Now I feel like the Captain Haddock. D:D:D:

Guess I was lucky to see the video after losing my bank slots. Rather than experiencing it as the prelude to letdown, it's serving to cheer me up. Can't wait to show my husband. :D
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is not a bad video overall. I enjoy his Skyrim one better.
  • 7gonago7nrb19_ESO
    7gonago7nrb19_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    This is awesome video. "Big" funny video:)
  • ravinousb14_ESO
    ravinousb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I enjoyed it, but then again I usually enjoy his work. Doesn't take shortcuts with his animation either, full and fluid.
  • KhemSihr
    KhemSihr
    ✭✭✭
    I found it hilarious.
    Accept, for one thing.. Every province...?.
    WhereTF is Vvardenfell? :neutral_face: Please tell me this is going to be in an expansion or somthing? Allowing those to partake on stopping the rise of Dagoth Ur and the Blight. Also the Construction for the creating the Ghost Gate Barrier around Red Mountain? :smile:

Please Email this information.
    Cause I would really like to know. :blush:
  • Visigoth
    Visigoth
    ✭✭✭
    >.< I loved it, thanks for sharing.
  • NOTCHFANb16_ESO3
    NOTCHFANb16_ESO3
    Soul Shriven
    YES

• CoffeeholicCielo
    YES
    Seems legit. Loved the animation and song tho, great stuff hope to see more! =D
  • MrBimo
    MrBimo
    ✭✭
    I thought it was fun, plus he is a real animator regardless of youtube he has done work for the BBC in the past i think, plus hes got an amazing sense of humor you have to respect that too.
    PS4 - CP 300
    F/ Khajiit Nightblade - Midnight Quasar
    M/ Khajiit Templar - Tribune Lightbringer
    M/ Breton Sorcerer - Vengeful Wanderer
    M/ Argonian Dragonknight - Blue Slitherscale
  • Delte
    Delte
    ✭✭✭
    I found it hilarious.
    Accept, for one thing.. Every province...?.
    WhereTF is Vvardenfell? :neutral_face: Please tell me this is going to be in an expansion or somthing? Allowing those to partake on stopping the rise of Dagoth Ur and the Blight. Also the Construction for the creating the Ghost Gate Barrier around Red Mountain? :smile:

Please Email this information.
    Cause I would really like to know. :blush:

Eventually all of Tamriel will be in the game, just got to give the devs time to make the content. Which they are writing now if I am not mistaken.

Great video by the way.

• Ziba
    Ziba
    Soul Shriven
    Hehe, that one was finny, but then again most of his elder scrolls animations are :) I however have to admit that its not nearly as catchy as the one he made for skyrim. That one above all made me laugh my a** off. This one, although still funny only got me giggle a little.
    Khajiit stamplar DD | Altmer magplar Healer | Imperial DK Tank | Argonian Sorc DD | Bosmer Warden DD
    ~ Daggerfall Covenant / EU player ~
  • spriggsub17_ESO
    spriggsub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Meh. :\
  • ZurinArctus
    ZurinArctus
    ✭✭✭
    Win.

I am still stoked in knowing that I ca experience all of the different provinces in one game.
  • huangmao
    huangmao
    omggggggggg soooo good..! Kudos! "it's back to Tamriel..!" woo yaa
  • huangmao
    huangmao
    I mean, really, that was really so awesome :O !
  • huangmao
    huangmao
    I'm going to watch it again O_O
  • huangmao
    huangmao
    omfg even better the second time : O !!
  • Severedned
    Severedned
    Soul Shriven
    I need a GIF of him flipping off the mourners while he gets lowered into the grave.
    Personally, I'm racist against zombies.