The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Unable to log in on desktop PC.

SigneGT
SigneGT
Hi there.

I have been unable to play the game for more than a couple of days now and i am getting pretty impatient. I hope someone can help me.

I have no problem logging in on other computers. Not even on the same network, but on my desktop PC i keep getting either the 301 or 315 error. I am aware that this can be due to heavy traffic, but i doubt that being the case 24/7. Especially when logging in to my (or anyone elses account) on a laptop next to this PC is no problem.

I have been in contact with the support team, who told me to flush my IP and so on and so forth. Did that. No luck. Tried reinstalling the game. No luck. Made Port exceptions for the firewall, no luck. Tried disabling it, no luck. Same with antivirus software. At this point my issue has been "sent to the mages guild" and i'm stuck here, in my easter holiday, unable to play.

I have attached a dxdiag. Hope you can help me. Thanks.

• ZOS_RobertM
    ZOS_RobertM
    ✭✭
    Have you tried running the game after booting in Selective Startup? This should ensure that if there is a program that may be blocking your game from running that it should not start up. To do this please try the following steps

1) Click Start, and type msconfig on the search box
    2) Right click on the msconfig.exe program and choose Run as administrator
    3) To place your computer into selective start up:
    a. On the General Tab at the top, click on the Selective startup radio button
    b. Uncheck "Load startup items"
    4) Click on the Services tab at the top
    a. On the Services tab check the Hide all Microsoft services check box at the bottom
    5) Click the Disable all button at the bottom
    6) Click Apply, then click OK
    7) Restart your computer

When your computer boots up again, it will be in selective startup. Try the game again, and see if you have different results.
    Staff Post
  • SigneGT
    SigneGT
    I am afraid that doesn't work either :(
  • ZOS_ChesterN
    Hail Defiler of Molag Bal!

I see that your Ping Test and Trace Routes are showing there is no connection between your computer and the game. That is why you are getting Error 301. I also see that you have Avira on your system. I recommend disabling the anti virus or putting it in "game mode." Then try to open the launcher and see if you get the same error.

If that doesn't work, then I recommend doing a DNS Flush and configure your router's outbound ports:

TCP / UDP Ports 24100 through 24131
    TCP / UDP Ports 24500 through 24507

To do a DNS Flush:

-Click on the Start button.
    -Type cmd in the Start Menu.
    -Right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator.
    -Type "ipconfig /flushdns" and hit enter.
    -If it was successful, you will see the message "Windows IP configuration successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache."
    -Power cycle the router to clear the cache so that it doesn't store the bad route.
  • Ziry
    Ziry
    At least support responds to you. I have had this problem, with the exception of about 3 hours on a Sunday, since launch. I've sent in a ticket and have yet to receive a response.
  • SigneGT
    SigneGT
    Tried everything including DNS flushes and stuff. No luck. But resetting my router solved the problem.

To think the solution was so simple!

Thank you very much.