The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Login timeout

greg.lamkeb14_ESO
Getting a "Login Error: Login timeout" all day. Are other people getting this? I've been getting it since 0900 EST. It's now 3:50pm EST.
I have a stable, constant internet connection with 20mbps download speeds. I have put in a support ticket 140408-043342 a couple hours ago and haven't received any response.

Given the apparent lack of business vision, as gleaned from the forums regarding what's going on in their customer base, is the login server over capacity? I can run other MMOs, log in to these forums fine. What's the deal? If it's not a global problem, I'd like customer support to contact me. If it IS a global problem, communicate with your customer base. This is making SOE look pretty competent, and that's tragic.

And I'm one of the ones that paid the $100 for the imperial boxed set, and set up my payment plan, and haven't let loose on the forums about the lack of business acumen and predation on their customer base..... yet.
  • FakeMessiah
    FakeMessiah
    Soul Shriven
    Same here, I am getting the same annoying message.

I have 2 hours free to play at night and or the server is down for maintenance either I get this stupid login time out message.

/frustrating
  • greg.lamkeb14_ESO
    Sorry you're having that problem, but its good to know I'm not the only one. I'd really rather be the only one than have company in this miserable quagmire brought about by ZMOs ***-poor planning, execution, and non-existant communication. It's still a tough job market out there. There are certainly competent people that would love the opportunity to provide a reasonable, fair service for the price we paid for the (currently non-working) product, and all the crap we've had to endure since last week.
  • NomAnor01
    NomAnor01
    Soul Shriven
    Yup. Sits there for about a minute then says the Login timed out.
  • M0LTAR
    M0LTAR
    I have been getting this error for 2 days now. has anyone found a solution?
  • SeiSei
    SeiSei
    I've been trying for several hours - meanwhile, the other two members of my group were in-game with no login issues or ill effects. It's VERY frustrating indeed. Looks like I won't be playing any ESO tonight!
  • NomAnor01
    NomAnor01
    Soul Shriven
    Still can't get in.
  • KinaMonster
    Same issue here. :-/
  • jerrittbub17_ESO
    jerrittbub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Yep ... same issue here. Unable to login with the same timeout. Bummer.
  • ZOS_TristanK
    ZOS_TristanK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello, folks. We have a few things that we recommend. First, please make sure that your client is up to date:
    1. Completely close the client
    2. Completely close the launcher
    3. Reopen the launcher
    4. Allow the launcher to patch completely
    5. Log into the game

If the launcher doesn't update automatically, or after clicking Check for updates under the "Game Options" gear, please try running a repair.

Please let us know if this doesn't work for you.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • greg.lamkeb14_ESO
    I have put in a support ticket 140408-043342 a couple hours ago and haven't received any response.

It is now 0100am EST on 4/9. I still haven't received a call on this ticket. I am still having the same problem. I installed from the launcher from my account page, hoping that would fix things. Nada.

The launcher says 100% complete. There isn't a "repair" option under the game options gear. I get Options, and About. Under Options, the options are Megaserver, Language, Start on Bootup, Minimize to System Tray, Show Public Test Environment, and Maximum Download. Beneath that, Apply, and Cancel.

My phone number was included on the ticket referenced above, why don't you call me? We can work this out and then post the solution so others can get the solution.

• draxhomeb14_ESO
    Ran patcher, logged in, get placed in a login Queue. Queue time says 1 second remaining, hangs for just over a minute. Then I get Error 108, and am stuck at a blank loading screen, no buttons or UI, have to close the game.
  • rikpward
    rikpward
    I am getting "Login Error - Login timeout ... [Alt] Try again".

This has been 2 days now. I would like to play more then a couple of hours.
  • FakeMessiah
    FakeMessiah
    Soul Shriven
    I tried uninstalling the launcher, download the new patcher and reinstal it.

It did check the whole intallation and it works fine. Probably there was a conflict with the new security feature, but guys really, what it takes to auto-update the patcher?

Seriously.
    Edited by FakeMessiah on April 9, 2014 7:53AM
  • ZOS_TristanK
    ZOS_TristanK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the additional information, folks. Would you mind attempting the below steps for us?
    • Open the game installation directory "Zenimax Online"
    • Open the folder named "Launcher"
    • Inside the "Launcher" folder, there is a folder named "ProgramData"
    • Delete the "ProgramData" folder
    • Open the launcher and download update
    • Click "Play"

Thank you all for your patience, and please let us know if the above steps don't resolve the issue.
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • brokerxxx4eb17_ESO
    I have 2 hours free to play at night and or the server is down for maintenance either I get this stupid login time out message.
  • greg.lamkeb14_ESO
    Deleting the Launcher Folder worked for me. Assuming it works for others, can you put this solution into the "Login Codes and what they mean" thread, since it's thumbtacked at the top? Thanks.
  • NomAnor01
    NomAnor01
    Soul Shriven
    Deleting that folder did not help. Also there is no "Repair" option under the gear or anything else that I can see.
  • NomAnor01
    NomAnor01
    Soul Shriven
    No idea why it worked, but, I took out everything from the "Addons" folder, and it works. Now. Even put them back in and it still works. No idea why. All the addons I have are the basic ones like War UI and that's about it.
  • rikpward
    rikpward
    Thank you for the additional information, folks. Would you mind attempting the below steps for us?
    • Open the game installation directory "Zenimax Online"
    • Open the folder named "Launcher"
    • Inside the "Launcher" folder, there is a folder named "ProgramData"
    • Delete the "ProgramData" folder
    • Open the launcher and download update
    • Click "Play"

Thank you all for your patience, and please let us know if the above steps don't resolve the issue.

Where is this folder for a Mac client? I cannot find it.
  • donzeacub17_ESO
    Hello, folks. We have a few things that we recommend. First, please make sure that your client is up to date:
    1. Completely close the client
    2. Completely close the launcher
    3. Reopen the launcher
    4. Allow the launcher to patch completely
    5. Log into the game

If the launcher doesn't update automatically, or after clicking Check for updates under the "Game Options" gear, please try running a repair.

Please let us know if this doesn't work for you.

Can you describe what you imagine the end result to be? Or better yet, can you take a screenshot of this launch pad you have, and this mysterious "Check for updates" button you reference?

• ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Hey folks,

The repair option in the launcher may not show up, depending on whether the "Play" button is showing up or not. The troubleshooting below should help in getting the repair option to appear..

The "Play" button reads "Play" or "Update":
    • Expand the Game Options menu (located under the News Section)
    • Click repair, and wait for it to finish.

The "Play" button reads "Install":
    • Click the install button, and start downloading
    • Once the download beings, shutdown the launcher
    • Restart the launcher
    • Expand the Game Options menu (Cog wheel located above the News Feed)
    • It should say Updating…., under that it should say Cancel. Click Cancel
    • The expanded tab should now change to include "Repair". Click repair, and wait for it to finish.

"Play" button reads "Pause" during the download process:
    • Expand the Game Options menu (Cog wheel located above the News Feed)
    • If the tab says "Installing…", restart the launcher
    • When the tab says "Updating….", Click Cancel
    • The expanded tab should now change to include "Repair". Click repair, and wait for it to finish.

Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Rylanor
    Rylanor
    ✭✭
    Removing add-ons is a good thing to try first, tbh. They're not official game code so it's not unlikely that they'll be the culprit behind a problem. I'm glad things are getting sorted for people, and it's handy to see what Tristan and Bill have been suggesting.
    Edited by Rylanor on April 11, 2014 7:23AM
    If at first you don't succeed, keep trying. And again. Eat a cookie, read a wiki, I dunno, just try to relax, the frustration will only give you a headache.