The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Unknown error after requesting character load

Miracula
Miracula
Alright, so we managed to get past the logg in screen, now this. Anyone got any solutions?
  • odebidaphb16_ESO
    friend has this issue too
  • Jagnar
    Jagnar
    Soul Shriven
    I have this problem as well
  • Mikjall
    Mikjall
    Soul Shriven
    Same here
  • haws3reb17_ESO
    same here over a dozen times
  • petergreggb16_ESO
    Same here, trying to log into Deshaan
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep...
  • Myrdreth
    Myrdreth
    ✭✭✭
    I have the same problem.
    ~ ♥ ~
  • milki77
    milki77
    same here
    Nords are so serious about beards. So many beards. M'aiq thinks they wish they had glorious manes like Kahjiit.
  • starfix
    starfix
    same here
  • Yulena
    Yulena
    I have the same problem with my main character. I can log in with another one, but after less then 5 minutes, I get the same error there too and get kicked back to the main screen.
  • matt2115
    matt2115
    same here how in Dashaan
  • Brasseurfb16_ESO
    Brasseurfb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just got the issue too, I got a crash in Greenshade and got Unknow Error! :smiley:
  • SavageHenry
    SavageHenry
    ✭✭✭
    Got logged in but then was kicked will loading to an area ( Carol heart chamber ), tried to log back in but now getting unknown error (EU server)
    Edited by SavageHenry on April 7, 2014 7:29PM
  • Larentis
    Larentis
    Same here. Wailing Caverns
  • fokyo
    fokyo
    Have just gotten the game and can't get out of the wailing prison becouse I get logged out with an unknown error.
  • sebastien.gasparieb17_ESO
    Same (on EU server..)
  • SavageHenry
    SavageHenry
    ✭✭✭
    ok can log in but cannot get past the character select now, tried multiple character, (EU server)
  • Lioben
    Lioben
    Well, there was a Sticky from th 2. April that was deleted this morning. So far no new updates from the Devs...
  • eskil.saatvedtb16_ESO
    Can log inn, (even if it fails half of the time), then after chosing character I get stuck on loading character, then get kicked out.
  • dennisb16_ESO73
    Same here.
  • Buppas
    Buppas
    Soul Shriven
    I get the same issue, On either alts I have in Deeshan / Stonefalls, gf next to me is unable to zone aswell (but she is ingame and just gets booted back to the zone she tried to get out of / into), I've tried exiting game, shut down launcher, open launcher -> repair client, then login again, same issue
  • kungfutse
    kungfutse
    My main character can't even get load into game at all before I get booted back in to the login screen with this error. My other character is stuck in the tower of vale. Teleporting out, quick traveling or exiting the door all boot me back to login screen and gives the "An unknown error has occurred." message. GG ZOE, excellent patch.
    Edited by kungfutse on April 7, 2014 7:49PM
  • dogesuchwow
    Yep stuck on Requesting Character Load
  • andujar_dani
    Guys check your addons are not outdated, try to disable them and try it. It worked for me
  • Velinde
    Velinde
    I have this error as well. It occurs on all my characters on the EU megaserver but only in the afternoon/evening/night (all days this far in). I can log on without any issues whatsoever in the morning?!

I have repaired the client. I have reset my router and my DNS. I have made sure everything is up to date. I have no addons installed yet. I have no issues with any other games or programs on my pc... Costumer support keeps telling me to do things I have already done (all of the above)...
  • Shidaran
    Shidaran
    I have the same weird issue, during the early afternoon and morning i can log in, but during evenings and nights all my characters get stuck in an endless "requesting character load" loop. If I sometimes get in, i get thrown out by "unknown error" when trying to move from some instance to another. It's been days without being able to play. Weird enough, during beta i had none of these problems.
  • istanicas
    istanicas
    E: actually, here's the fix
    "Looking at the tracert that you sent in we determined that it looks like the information is going through a bad route to get back to you and thus could be why you are getting the kickouts and lag spikes. To attempt to fix this please follow these steps to flush your DNS:
    Windows 7:
    Click on the Start button Type cmd in the Start Menu Right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator Type "ipconfig /flushdns" and hit enter If it was successful, you will see the message "Windows IP configuration successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache." Power cycle the router to clear the cache so that it doesn't store the bad route "