Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Is my character asymmetric ?

Inquisitio
Hey,

I wonder if my character is asymmetric ? What do you think, is it to high or am i just overcaring ?

nnSqVkJ.png
Edited by Inquisitio on April 7, 2014 2:10PM
Inquisitio|Imperial|Nightblade|Ebonheart Pact
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not seeing a picture. It's just white.
  • neiljwd
    neiljwd
    ✭✭✭
    RakeWorm wrote: »
    I'm not seeing a picture. It's just white.

• Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Right now your character is invisible :blush:
  • InF13RNo
    InF13RNo
    Yep, try tinypic, imageshack is now suscription based, :disagree:
    Never underestimate the power of human stupidity...
  • Killum
    Killum
    ✭✭✭
    It looks like a white Kajit in a blizzard. :wink:
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From what I can gather about your character in that bright white picture .... it looks great.
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you using an overlay, such as SweetFX or Steam, or a 3rd party app like FRAPS?

Your screenshot software left you with a blank image.
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • Inquisitio
    Thanks i'll use tinypic, and no i don't any 3rd party stuff. I've got some issues with imgur latelty.

t8oq3q.jpg

Basically i wanted to create a high, but not too bulky character so i've set height to max, and all options like gut size or waist size to minimum.
    Edited by Inquisitio on April 7, 2014 5:42PM
  • Enteum
    Enteum
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't say Asymmetric. Just his standing angle. Hey, looks pretty buff...kicking ass..no?
    Asira Avalis - Mage
  • Lazarus_Long
    Lazarus_Long
    ✭✭✭
    Those abs make it look like you do a lot of /situps.
    The List For Living - A guide for new or troubled players

Hey Jute, get in my bag
    Take a lag spike and make it better
    Remember to let research play its part
    Then you can start to make a sweater

The Bohemian Auction House
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    His legs look like they wouldn't support his weight! I think he needs bigger thighs.
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
    Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • PF1901
    PF1901
    ✭✭✭
    baratron wrote: »
    His legs look like they wouldn't support his weight! I think he needs bigger thighs.
    Yes, definitely.

• Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've noticed that the right and left profiles look quite different in character creation, and in-game, so I think our characters' faces are asymmetric. I'm not so aware of it in a head-on view, probably because asymmetry looks normal.
  • Willow
    Willow
    ✭✭✭
    Hands look a bit too large imo. Aslo camera angle makes his left side look larger than his right.
  • Marthenil
    Marthenil
    ✭✭✭
    You should increase the leg size a tiny bit imo, unless it's already too late and you have leveled too much in which case ignore it :stuck_out_tongue: That said, the hairstyle is dreadful imo :disappointed:
    Edited by Marthenil on April 12, 2014 2:36PM
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imryll wrote: »
    I've noticed that the right and left profiles look quite different in character creation, and in-game, so I think our characters' faces are asymmetric. I'm not so aware of it in a head-on view, probably because asymmetry looks normal.

Yep. There's even an eyebrow option to skew the brows a bit. Asymmetry is normal.

Body-wise? I can't tell. He's standing at an angle. Then again, asymmetry is normal, so it wouldn't really matter if he was.
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PF1901 wrote: »
    baratron wrote: »
    Yes, definitely.

• Inquisitio
    I don't think hands can be too big because i chose the smallest ones :P I'll check out the legs tho.
  • Inquisitio
    I made a screenshot from another angle, what now ? Sorry it's important for me lol. Fast feedback appreciated.

imgur.com/X0YV38R
    Edited by Inquisitio on April 12, 2014 9:40PM
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inquisitio wrote: »
    I made a screenshot from another angle, what now ? Sorry it's important for me lol. Fast feedback appreciated.

imgur.com/X0YV38R

Again, one leg is still in front of the other, and he's standing with his hips slightly canted, so you can't really tell. As far as I can tell, he looks symmetrical when you take his stance into account.

Is there a particular reason you're trying to make him symmetrical, or is it just an aesthetics thing?
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • Inquisitio
    Well... I'm a psycho when it comes to creating a toon. After an hour i don't give a crap, but it has to be perfect the moment i create it. That's why help is so important for me, otherwise ill never start playing (week alrdy0.