The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Jewerly or lack of it.

killedbyping
killedbyping
✭✭✭✭
Dear all.
Am i just blind or there is NO jewel crafting in this game what so ever ?
Usualy blacksmiths or enchanters should be able to create Jewels or atleast there suppose to be whole skill lane called something like "Jewel crafting". I dont see neither of this.

Well ofc you can use any jewel you found in the world and replace it's enchant with enchant you want (almost any, bcoz there are some enchants which cant be replaced) but what about tempers ?
I found alot of jewelry with tempers and you can not change them in any way.

So in the end, to get a "well fitted" jewelry for you, you have to find a jewelry with correct temper first which is already pretty hard AND this jewelry should have some REMOVEABLE enchant.
Edited by killedbyping on April 7, 2014 10:15AM
  • Salsadoom
    Salsadoom
    ✭✭✭
    Jewelery isn't currently implemented, originally there was a spot for it but the nodes were way out of line for price and I imagine there were balancing issues. I expect it will be back soon probably the first major patch once things smooth out
  • Destabilizator
    No jewelcrafting. Enchantable jewelry drops, but it's inferior to dungeon drops/quest rewards (afaik you can't make magicka cost reducing enchant or spellpower one).
    Funny thing is that majority of glyphs you can create are jewelry enchants...
    Vertor et revertor.
  • killedbyping
    killedbyping
    ✭✭✭✭
    No jewelcrafting. Enchantable jewelry drops, but it's inferior to dungeon drops/quest rewards (afaik you can't make magicka cost reducing enchant or spellpower one).
    Funny thing is that majority of glyphs you can create are jewelry enchants...
    At the same time, Jewels are the ONLY items which may give spell or weapon dmg bonus.
    So the only way to boost your magika based skills is to invest into Makica :|
    Edited by killedbyping on April 7, 2014 12:26PM
  • Lupinemw
    Lupinemw
    ✭✭✭
    Plenty drops and if you know a good enchanter or are one you can create better glyphs that will be of more use.

I've picked up low level stuff from other guild mates and put new glyphs on it to make it more usable. Why have =6 max health when I can have =40 or swap it for magica regen or....

I think a lot of the crafting lines have more than enough to keep them busy so would prefer to see Jewelry creation added to say enchanting where it fits.
    Elysium
    EU Casual Mature Daggerfall Covenant Guild

Would you like to know more?! Check us out below
    elysium-eso.guildlaunch.com
  • killedbyping
    killedbyping
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lupinemw wrote: »
    Plenty drops and if you know a good enchanter or are one you can create better glyphs that will be of more use.

I've picked up low level stuff from other guild mates and put new glyphs on it to make it more usable. Why have =6 max health when I can have =40 or swap it for magica regen or....

I think a lot of the crafting lines have more than enough to keep them busy so would prefer to see Jewelry creation added to say enchanting where it fits.

Swap 6 health bonus with 40 health bonus ? I hardly believe that, since Jewels have levels just like other items do and you may only apply Glyphs of appropriate level to them.

And i more worried about Traits, not Enchants. The Traits can not be changed by any way.