The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Error 326: Locked out of my character for 72 hours now.

brn0906b14a_ESO
I was booted from that game and forced to change my characters name (it was Zlatan Son of God). I did so without a fuss. The name of my character wasn't all that important to me. That was 3 days ago. I am still unable to login as that character. I have sent multiple emails, 3 requests for a phone call and one in-game bug report.

So far, I received one phone call from a very nice girl acknowledging my issue, stating that there were no holds on my account and assuring me that they were working on the problem. She didn't seem to know why my account was locked, why I had to change my name, or why it hadn't been fixed yet but I won't hold that against her. If she doesn't know she doesn't know.

After that I received an email replying to the follow up email from my phone call. This email game me a lot of information about changing my UserID, my email or my password but said nothing about characters being locked out or even about character names at all. Whats even worse, at the bottom he changed the initial status (which was "Waiting") to "Solved", like the information about changing random parts of my account was exactly what I needed to get back into the game.

I emailed back stating that this problem was definitely not "solved" and have requested two phone calls since then with no reply. Really getting frustrated that the character I played extensively for the entire early access period is now unplayable. Even more frustrated with how customer support has handled this.
  • Oblongship
    Oblongship
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was booted from that game and forced to change my characters name (it was Zlatan Son of God). I did so without a fuss. The name of my character wasn't all that important to me. That was 3 days ago. I am still unable to login as that character. I have sent multiple emails, 3 requests for a phone call and one in-game bug report.

So far, I received one phone call from a very nice girl acknowledging my issue, stating that there were no holds on my account and assuring me that they were working on the problem. She didn't seem to know why my account was locked, why I had to change my name, or why it hadn't been fixed yet but I won't hold that against her. If she doesn't know she doesn't know.

After that I received an email replying to the follow up email from my phone call. This email game me a lot of information about changing my UserID, my email or my password but said nothing about characters being locked out or even about character names at all. Whats even worse, at the bottom he changed the initial status (which was "Waiting") to "Solved", like the information about changing random parts of my account was exactly what I needed to get back into the game.

I emailed back stating that this problem was definitely not "solved" and have requested two phone calls since then with no reply. Really getting frustrated that the character I played extensively for the entire early access period is now unplayable. Even more frustrated with how customer support has handled this.

We can't help you, I would keep going through the proper channels.
  • brn0906b14a_ESO
    I've gone through the proper channels. Continuously. Have not gotten so much as a response since the uninformative call earlier.
  • christian.griffinb16_ESO
    Why the hell would they make you change your name? It wasn't offensive.
  • brn0906b14a_ESO
    No clue. I figured it was because of the Son of God part. But considering this is a game that talks about Gods and Daedric Princes and the like I can't imagine why that would be considered offensive.
  • Prospero_ESO
    Prospero_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I guess "Son of God" is not an appropriate name, that could offend people.
  • brn0906b14a_ESO
    And thats fine. I think its a lil over the top but I gladly changed my name, I liked it but it wasn't that important to me. My issue is more with why my character has not been allowed back in the game.
  • brn0906b14a_ESO
    Honestly, I'd change my name to "I Love ESO" or "ESO Customer Support Rocks!" if they just let me back in
  • Blackjack
    Blackjack
    Honestly you'd be better off making a new character. I had my character locked for 5 days now. Sent about 4 emails to customer support about my issue and they just replied today with a solution that has nothing to do with my problem.

Hello Customer,

I do apologize for the trouble you are having with our game.

There are several ways to try fixing a stuck character:
    Type /stuck in the command line of the Chat Box (this will kill the character and send them to the nearest wayshrine)
    Note: This does NOT work in the PvP zone, Cyrodiil.
    Type /reloadui in the command line of the Chat Box
    Use /camp to log out, exit game server, wait 15 minutes, and then attempt to log back in
    Teleport to a friend via the Contact list [O]
    Another way to reset the character is to travel to a wayshrine manually. To do this, follow the steps below:
    Open the Map up by pressing the [M] key.
    Once the Map appears, look for Quests on the right-hand side.
    Click on the map pin icon on the list of icons at the top.
    Select a desired destination.
    The map of that area should appear, and all discovered wayshrines in that region should be visible.
    Click on a wayshrine to return to that region. This will have a gold cost.
    Thank you for supporting Zenimax Online Team

It's as if they didn't read any of my tickets at all
    Edited by Blackjack on April 9, 2014 1:25AM
  • brn0906b14a_ESO
    I'm on day 6 now. I've made a new character in the meantime but its still ridiculous that I wasted 5 days. And yea I got an email back at one point that talked about how to change my account name, email address and password...the changed the status of my ticket to "Solved" because yea my problem was with my account name, email address, or password.
  • Iceblade711b14_ESO
    Iceblade711b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Going on 4 days now myself. Error Code 326 Character currently locked. I was not doing anything I've not done in the past 3 years. Was helping a guild member in Stroc M'kai was booted then when try to log back in received the following error code. So I tryed my alt toon went in fine played for about 20 mins and booted again. on my 5th character 4 others booted and locked between 10 mins - 1 hrs of play time. same error each time first a 207 error and booted then 326 when trying to launch them into the realm. 1 ticket 2 automated reply telling me to check the forums and to reply back if not solved which i have each time. I think its due to the poor ISP I'am using ping upwards of 499 at times and the game thinks I'am trying to dupe items or something which I never would do. I'am not happy I'am guild leader of a big guild and this hurts my guild as much as it hurts me.