The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

I can not get to a log in screen after the new patch from April 1-2

JavaWho
JavaWho
✭✭✭
Since the April 1-2 patch and update .. I have only been able to get to the log in screen once. My system updated the patch and the play button turned blue. I click on it and it searches and then turns blue to hit play again without ever going to the log in screen.

I have tried the a new set of UserSettings.txt ESO sent me but this did not work. I have also tried disabling in Internet Explorer although it is not my standard browser.

Anyone else have this problem or possibly an answer for me? I would really like to get back in game.
Epic Synergy, Founder
JavaWho Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
  • Vistrix
    Vistrix
    If the launcher successfully patched, try launching the ESO.exe directly (might need to run as administrator).

This will launch the game getting around the launcher.

At least this will get you into the game!
  • Highway
    Highway
    Hello!

I suggest trying what Vistrix said, and check afterwards if the launcher has started working. otherwise, i have attached a spoiler with things you should try, to make your launcher work! please report back if nothing fixed it, or what Vistrix said isn't a long term solution for you

The potential solutions are made by ZOS_Jasonl
    #1. Admin mode
    Right click the ESO launcher icon
    Click Run as Administrator

#2. Make sure your drivers are up-to-date
    Look at your DxDiag, are your drivers from 2012 or before? Yes? Then they need to be updated.

To do so:
    • Nvidia Video Cards: http://www.nvidia.com click "Drivers" and choose Option 2: Automatically find drivers for my NVIDIA products.
    • AMD Video Cards: http://www.amd.com click "Drivers & Support" and click the "Find your driver" button.
    • Other Video Cards: You should contact the computers manufacturer for driver updates.
    If after updating your drivers they still appear to be from before 2013, it is possible that the manufacturer stopped producing updates for this model of card

#4. Make sure that the latest version of DirectX is installed on your system
    You'll find more information here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ie/windows/which-version-directx#which-version-directx

#5. Adjust your video card to run the game at High Performance.

Nvidia Video Card.
    Open the Nvidia control panel. This can be done usually by clicking the appropriate icon in the bottom right of the computer on the Task Bar. You can also right-click directly on your desktop and you should see Nvidia Control Panel in the list.
    Under 3D settings, select the Manage 3D Settings. The Manage 3D Settings window displays on the right.
    Click the Program Settings tab at the top in the Window on the right.
    Your first step is to select a program to customize. Click the drop down and select eso.exe.
    Your second step shows a list of settings for the program. We need to look for the Feature Power Management Mode and change the option on the right to Prefer maximum performance.
    At the bottom select Apply and close out of the Nvidia Control Panel.
    Now try running the game as administrator

ATI Video Card.
    Open the Catalyst Control Center. This can usually be done by clicking the appropriate icon in the bottom right of the computer on the Task Bar. You can also right-click directly on your desktop and you should see Catalyst Control Center in the list.
    The Catalyst Control Center will open. In the top right corner is a button that says Preferences. Make sure that Standard View is selected.
    Next, select Gaming, then under Gaming Performance, select Standard 3D settings.
    Move the slider to Optimal Performance.
    Click Apply and close the Catalyst Control Panel.
    Now try running the game as administrator.

#6. Adjusting the Screen Resolution in the UserSettings File.
    The default location of this file is \Users\*USERNAME*\My Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\UserSettings.

If your native screen resolution is 1080x1920 you need to modify this file as follow:

From
    SET FullscreenHeight "0"
    SET FullscreenWidth "0"
    to
    SET FullscreenHeight "1080"
    SET FullscreenWidth "1920"

#7. Try to delete the ShaderCache.cooked file
    The default location for the file is C:\Users\*USERNAME*\My Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live.

After that file is deleted, run the game as administrator, and it will recompile that file.

If the file is missing or empty, it is likely that something is preventing the system from creating that file correctly (which is an issue we are currently investigating).

Game crashes during cinematic
    Locate the The Elder Scrolls Online game file. This file can normally be found in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client

or

C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online EU\game\client

Once that file is located, right-click the file and select Properties at the bottom of the list.

Once the Properties window is open, select the Compatibility tab.

Select the option to “Run this program in compatibility mode” and from the drop-down menu select “Windows XP SP3” (it may say Service Pack 3).

Select the option “Always run this program as an Administrator”

For ease of use, right-click the eso.exe file and select “Send To…”

From the subsequent slide-out menu, select “Desktop (Create Shortcut)”.

This will allow a very easy, quick way of opening a game running in compatibility mode.

Upon login, my character keeps spinning around and there is no way to control it.

#1. For Windows 8 users: Upgrading to Windows 8.1 has shown to resolve this issue.

#2. Right-click on the ESO launcher icon and click "Properties." Select the "Compatibility" tab. Select "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings." Click "OK."

Repeat this process on eso.exe

Some things to assist in resolving installation issues...

First you need to ensure you have downloaded and installed all optional updates to the .NET Framework and Visual C++, newest Direct X drivers, as well as the most up to date Video Card Drivers. A lot of issues with the game can be resolved simply from errors relating to out of date files from any of the above packages.

Next, temporarily disable your Firewall. In the event that you use a third party Firewall, after you temporarily disable it, verify that the Windows Firewall is still off, as it may activate due to the third party Firewall being off. Then temporarily disable all Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware software, as those programs may view the software as harmful to your system and silently block the program from Installing/Running.

Next, run the Installer and/or Launcher as Administrator. Even if you are on an Administrative Profile, you will still need to run the program as Administrator to prevent UAC from stopping it, if UAC is on. In the event that you are still having Installation/Updating issues you can try running a clean boot, or selective startup.

Running selective startup or clean boot isn't necessarily a fix; it's just an attempt to check if the problem exists outside of Windows and the Installer/Game Client. Unfortunately if the problem is due to a corrupt installation, or an issue with Windows’, the error will continue. If the error no longer continues, then a program that starts normally with your computer is to blame.

If the Launcher/Game installs, updates, and/or runs after a clean boot then we know something on the computer outside of the Operating System and the Game itself is preventing the Game from working properly, narrowing that down may take some time and at this point it may be necessary to submit a copy of your MSInfo file, in txt format, to a Technical Support Agent for assistance.

If the problem persists after a Clean Boot, then the issue is either directly related to your installation of Windows or the game installation itself. At this point, you will need to contact a Customer Support Tech Agent; they will need your MSInfo and DxDiag (in .txt format). Normally at this time, we would recommend a Re-Installation as well, as the launcher may be corrupt.
    Edited by Highway on April 4, 2014 9:47AM
  • JavaWho
    JavaWho
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Vistrix and Highway,

I was already running in administrator mode and trying to log in but thank you for offering. After many attempts it seemed to log me in.

Just now I got to a load screen although I had ESO change my login username from my beta name to my user id of my choosing and it is not always accepting it. In fact I just noticed my beta name is popping up here instead of JavaWho my user id.

It is also logged in under an old password last night but this morning wanted the new password.

I am going to login and out a few times and see if this is persistent.

Epic Synergy, Founder
    JavaWho Dro-m'Athra Destroyer